News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Test Drive II & the duel

Started by alanrotoi, December 24, 2002, 06:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryoma

Td3 is interesting because of the opening world....and you can kill chicken lol

Cas

Yes, TD3 is more interactive than Stunts, with many AI cars and also the terrain can have virtually any shape. If these two things were added to Stunts, there would be no reason for anyone to prefer TD3, but each one has its niche.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

I think Grand Prix Unlimited was built with the same engine. Also you can build your own tracks.

Cas

Oh... I had Grand Prix Unlimited long ago. I remember that, at the time, it was impressive. But I really don't remember that tracks could be made for it. I think I should download it and look at it again after so many years!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

The track aereal picture in the main menu is Buenos Aires' Galvez circuit ;) Check it out.

Look google maps:  :D

https://www.google.com/maps/@-34.7059551,-58.4865886,1629a,35y,63.38h,55.88t/data=!3m1!1e3

Ryoma

The game GPU is not really good.

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on August 02, 2021, 12:46:44 PM
I think Grand Prix Unlimited was built with the same engine. Also you can build your own tracks.
Maybe a hybrid can be made with GPU. If it is indeed the same engine.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Daniel3D

i don't think its the same engine. I don't even think it's real 3d rendering.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

Quote from: Daniel3D on August 09, 2021, 11:23:41 PM

They have something in common: both are annoying :D. I always thought it was the same engine because the physics. Also the sound and music are the same.

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on August 09, 2021, 11:44:32 PM
Quote from: Daniel3D on August 09, 2021, 11:23:41 PM

They have something in common: both are annoying :D. I always thought it was the same engine because the physics. Also the sound and music are the same.
I thought you meant the same as stunts. I misread the post's.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

alanrotoi

If you win Test Drive 2 they get you to the jail for 30 day because exceeding speed limit and avoiding the highway patrol. I wonder if it is possible to win without exceed the maximum speed. It is possible to make the opponent crash over and over again with the traffic o your car. It would be slow but I think possible.

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on August 20, 2021, 09:33:09 PM
If you win Test Drive 2 they get you to the jail for 30 day because exceeding speed limit and avoiding the highway patrol. I wonder if it is possible to win without exceed the maximum speed. It is possible to make the opponent crash over and over again with the traffic o your car. It would be slow but I think possible.
I got curious, so I looked into it..   8)
Police cars appear in every level, and if the player is driving faster than the speed limit when encountering one of them, the police car will follow in pursuit. If at any point whilst being pursued the police car is able to pass the player's car, the player is forced to pull over and receives a ticket stating the offense and the speed of the vehicle. This doesn't cost the player a life, although it takes away valuable time. Players can avoid being pursued by police by slowing down before encountering them, anticipating them through the aid of a radar detector which comes standard in all vehicles in the game.

QuoteThe game can technically be "won" if players are not stopped by the law. At which point an animated female police officer smiles at the character; to which the character smiles in return. If players are apprehended by law enforcement for various infractions, including evasion of police, on any course, the end sequence shows the same female police officer placing the player under arrest.

So yes. If you never get caught then you don't go to jail.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on December 24, 2002, 06:58:20 PM
The best racing game after stunts (in my opinion) is Test Drive II. The music of this game is awesome and the driving its very comfortable. I always thought that Stunts is a kind of mix between Indianapolis 500 and Test Drive II. We know about TD2 because its almost the same team of designers, but the INDY500 have a lot of similar things, like the clouds, the replay management, the graphics when the cars exploid...
I only miss that in stunts there isn't the Ferrari F-40 (best car by far in the 70-80's).

My top 5 oldie racing are:
1. Stunts
2. Test Drive II
3. Grand Prix Cycles (next version of grand prix circuit)
4. Indianapolis 500
5. Iron Man (off road blabla)
I stumbled upon a review of Indianapolis 500 in a magazine. The interesting part is the short review of test drive 1 and 2 on the left.
Edison once said,
---------
---------