News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2007

Started by CTG, December 30, 2006, 10:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 26, 2007, 02:43:54 PM
@BJ and CTG : is Malta so crappy ?
They beated Hungary 2-1 and made a draw with Turkey (2-2) during Euro 2008 qualifications. I still believe that they can beat Albania and Hungary when playing at home.

Malta was extremely lucky in Euro2008 qualifications, especially versus Turkey. It won't happen again this time.

CTG

Krys:

1, Poland is significantly stronger than Slovakia and Slovenia, they will catch 2nd place easily.
2, Turkey is not that strong nowadays, Spain is the absolute best of that group. I cheer for Belgium there because of being the best beer country. ;D

Chulk

I don't know about weaker teams but I think only 2 or maybe 3 teams per group can really fight for a place in next FIFA World Cup.
My predictions are

G1:

1 Portugal
2 Sweden
3 Denmark (Maybe they can steal 2nd place from their eternal rivals, but I'm not so sure)

G2:

1 Greece (Easily)
2 Switzerland

G3:

1 Czech Republic (They'll be the first European team to qualify)
2 Poland (Not really a fight for 2nd place)

G4:

1 Germany
2 Russia

G5:

1 Spain (They're playing very good right now)
2 Turkey (A walk in the park in this group)

G6:

1 England (They won't beat Croatia but they will be more consistent againts weaker teams)
2 Croatia

G7:

1 France (Easy group)
2 Serbia (They have many young and talented players)

G8:

1 Italy (Not much to say about this group)
2 Bulgaria

G9:

1 Netherlands (Without any dificulties)
2 Scotland (Has to be consistent throughout the hole competition or they'll lose 2nd place to Norway)
3 Norway
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Chulk on November 27, 2007, 01:21:51 AM1 England (They won't beat Croatia but they will be more consistent againts weaker teams)

I thought exactly the same. Btw very "brave" predictions, there haven't been a qualifying phase without any surprises since the globe is round! ;)
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

CTG

Euro 2008 groups:

Group A: Switzerland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Turkey
Group B: Austria, Croatia, Germany, Poland
Group C: Netherlands, Italy, France, Romania (auch that will hurt...)
Group D: Greece, Sweden, Spain, Russia

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on December 02, 2007, 07:56:59 PM
Euro 2008 groups:

Group C: Netherlands, Italy, France, Romania (auch that will hurt...)
All groups won't be easy, but French group is the most difficult I think. As you said, it will hurt. But who will be the most hurt ? ::)

CTG

Duplode: what the hell happened to Corinthians???

Chulk

My tips are the following:

Group A: Czech Republic, Portugal
Group B: Germany, Croatia
Group C: Italy, Netherlands (Sorry Krys!)
Group D: Spain, Greece

CTG

Group A: Czech Republic, Portugal
Group B: Germany, Croatia
Group C: France, Romania (I'm very pessimistic with these two dirty teams)
Group D: Spain, Sweden

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

A: Portugal, Switzerland
B: Germany, Croatia
C: Holland, Italy
D: Sweden, Greece
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on December 03, 2007, 11:55:26 AM
Duplode: what the hell happened to Corinthians???

What, our favourite joke topic this week? :P A seriously inept squad paired with administartive screw-ups. They squandered a ludicrous number of chances of escaping relegation, and in fact would have gone down long ago wasn't for Felipe, their GK, having perfect games round after round (seriously, the guy is brilliant). That's what you get by putting in charge a dirty freakin' corrupt board and setting obscure deals with Russian tycoons, I reckon...  ::)

Chulk

Lanus is the new champion in Argentina! For the first time in its 93 years of life. Finally a new champion after repeating winners since '84! Maybe next time my team will finally do it (Not a chance!  :'()

Krys TOFF

Euro 2008 tips (bold = qualified) :

Switzerland vs Turkey will be an intensive match regarding their last duel (during World Cup 2006 qualificative match, remember ?). But in the end these 2 won't go further because Czech Republic and Portugal are too strong for them.

Easiest group : Austria is a sparring partner and Poland is not as good as it used to be during 1974-1982 period.

Group C: Netherlands, Italy, France, Romania
Netherlands is a young and promising team. But not enough experience versus Italy and France. Romania will be challenging : their new players are good. But they also have a lack of high level competitions for the moment.

Spain, because they will be European champions in the end (they really deserve to finally win a title, and they have really very good players). Greece won't be as lucky as they were in 2004. 2nd place will be between Russia and Sweden. I tip for Sweden because Russia will be too confident after beeing qualified instead of England.

Duplode

@ Krys: "no surprises" is often the riskiest prediction  ;) But I'd like to see Spain winning as well - and that would be a surprise!

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Duplode on December 06, 2007, 12:18:54 AM
@ Krys: "no surprises" is often the riskiest prediction  ;) But I'd like to see Spain winning as well - and that would be a surprise!
Italy qualified for quarter-finals is also a surprise : last time they were World Champion (1982), they even failed to be qualified for Euro at all 2 years later ! :D