News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

NORH - R10/2007 - "EVERGLADES"

Started by Mark L. Rivers, October 29, 2007, 07:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

The track where we can see the last act of this great NORH season is really special! ?Everglades?, this is its name, is an adapted version of an old track, designed by Krys TOFF, that arrives 2nd at 2003 Track Design Contest. Krys TOFF has realized the modifications too so to make the track suitable for a NORH race.   :)
So this is the 1st SDR track not designed by contest manager, and this means I had not to try it during the building. Really I haven?t put yet my wheels on the track so this preview is based only on what I can see through Track Blaster.
Well, Everglades is a track quite different from the previous ones, sure a bit more difficult. Maybe the designer wants to begin to lead NORH drivers towards another kinds of tracks that we?ll see next year when he?ll manage the only official Stunts NORH contest on the web...   Seeing the track through the map it?s quite difficult to guess the length, but I think that a quite good time could be around 1?10? ? 1?15?. But we?ll know it beginning from the 1st of November! Meanwhile? let's go for a ?virtual? lap! A long straight characterizes the beginning, reaching very soon the Powergear, and overleaping without trouble (but in a dazzling way!) two Up/Down corkscrews. We can keep the magic 6th gear for a long tract, availing opportune bank-roads and a fluent tract with some consecutive large curves before to reach a loop that we should leave behind without many troubles but with a bit of adhrenalin?. A short straight (at 245 Mph all becomes short?) and then an obligatory bridge (water?   ::)) just before a large 180?: good-bye Powergear (even if someone could cede to the temptation to keep it?) but not for a long time. In fact, after another fluent tract (not long like before), we?ll re-find it thanks to a ramp. Anyway, this time it won?t be easy to manage, I think. Above all, we will have to see if jumping from the ramp at 245 Mph it will be possible to land before the access of the near pipe (or tube, as you like), that includes a classic obstacle (could it be without an obstacle? ). Anyway, even if we will able to insert the car in the pipe at maximum speed, avoiding then the obstacle placed in the middle, we will have soon to push very hard on the brake because an elevated corner is waiting for us: shakes? Another straight (with tunnels and barriers) and then a L/R corkscrew. Possible Powergear? Not this time, because a slow curve on the left will oblige the drivers to insert their car in a tunnel and in a last straight that leads to a last elevated corner: after all that drivers have encountered until here, and missing only about 15? seconds to the finish line, I think they will approach this elevated curve with much trepidation?   :D   How will be the final? Fast and quite complex. Difficult to describe why, but I can say that drivers will reach a hill in full 4th gear, maybe already in 5th gear (I have not to explain what this mean, isn?t it?  ;) ), and they will have to choose: follow the conventional track (having trouble to control their rocket-car landing on a bank-road curve) or cut it aiming (blindly) the finish, taking many risks trying to avoid a probable penalty?
Simple question: how many complete trials will a NORH driver succeed to make on this track trying to win??  ;)
Come on NORH drivers, show one more time your great passion in the last race of this wonderful season!  :)

Mark L. Rivers

Chulk

OK, last race of a great year! A fight for glory is about to start, be prepared...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

My final time for CP1:

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/EVEMARK1.zip

PS
Password later...  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

1st Checkpoint!

Specular provisional standings of last race for CP1: Mark L. Rivers leads on Duplode, Chulk and Krys TOFF! Choosing the same strategy adopted in "Risk" (that is to avoid that Chulk gets a large number of bonus points), I realize a very strong time that permits me to stay ahead my main opponent at CP1 also getting a whole bonus point!  :)  And Duplode's race furnishes to me a further reason to smile: the brazilian ace, last winner in the season, results faster than Chulk, who therefore remains without bonus points for the moment. We have to mind that Chulk needs to get 5,5 points more than me to win the title. And this could happen if 1) he'll win this race, 2) I won't get more than a 3rd place and 3) Chulk will get at least 0,5 bonus point more than me. In this way two drivers will be pair and Chulk would win for an higher number of victories (4 against 3). Sure Chulk will push hard at CP2 to catch the bonus point at stake (as he did on "Risk"), but maybe he had to push a bit more for CP1: 0,5 bonus point could be very important for him.  ::)   But let's see what will happen! Meanwhile sure we have to spend some words about the track. It seems I failed quite clearly the prediction about final time, that is a bit large than it seemed to me seeing the track from the map. But I didn't fail to individuate the two real critical points, that is the access to the pipe, and the final tract: both really engaging and dazzling!  8)   Track is really great for this final round and I think this race will be also more tight than I thought, with the drivers who will be very near each other, sure even Krys TOFF, the designer: wonderful condition for a final great show!  :) So, we all wait with big trepidation next CP to know the new provisional standings while a watchword is pealing: "Right pedal down"!  ;)

Duplode

This is the archetypical classic track. When one looks to the map, it's not so impressive; now get down to the track and it becomes a real test. Let's say we've got our very own 14km Spa...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Duplode on November 06, 2007, 05:31:56 AM
This is the archetypical classic track. When one looks to the map, it's not so impressive; now get down to the track and it becomes a real test. Let's say we've got our very own 14km Spa...

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on November 04, 2007, 03:51:27 PM
we have to spend some words about the track. It seems I failed quite clearly the prediction about final time, that is a bit large than it seemed to me seeing the track from the map. But I didn't fail to individuate the two real critical points, that is the access to the pipe, and the final tract: both really engaging and dazzling!  8)   Track is really great for this final round and I think this race will be also more tight than I thought, with the drivers who will be very near each other, sure even Krys TOFF, the designer: wonderful condition for a final great show!  :)

Thanks for the compliments about the track. ;)

Chulk

Damn! Again a bad calculation! Mark was slower than I expected (trying to catch another bonus points?) and Duplode was 2nd. I could have easily done under 1:29.00 if I had tried a bit harder but I really thought I was enugh to get 0,5 bonus points. I'll have to do an amazing lap for CP2 and a practicly RH lap to lower 3% out of that time, really not an easy task... But you all know I'll try my best!

Chulk

Quote from: Chulk on November 08, 2007, 07:10:33 AM
Mark was slower than I expected (trying to catch another bonus points?)
I correct myself. It's very hard to do under 1:26, I thought track was much faster than this! I'll keep on trying and I'll send it as soon as I'm under 1:27 at least to try to beat Duplode and get 0,5 bonus point.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Chulk on November 08, 2007, 07:18:08 PM
Quote from: Chulk on November 08, 2007, 07:10:33 AM
Mark was slower than I expected (trying to catch another bonus points?)
I correct myself. It's very hard to do under 1:26, I thought track was much faster than this! I'll keep on trying and I'll send it as soon as I'm under 1:27 at least to try to beat Duplode and get 0,5 bonus point.

Yes, I thought it could be possible to lower quite easily my time, but it's not so...  ::)   I realized my current leading time (1'26"15) in my first day of race, Tuesday of last week. It was my first complete lap after several crashes, and I thought that I could do easily better, not a lot (2-3 seconds?) but sure better. But then, after trying a good number of times in last days, I began to think that my time is not very bad...  ;)
My main problem is to make a high number of complete trials... I don't know how many times you have seen the finish in NORH mode, but, about me, after my (lucky?) first complete trial I has completed only other 4 laps...  ::)
Predicting accurately winning time is really hard...

Chulk

I completed about 8 or 9 laps but many times I pressed Esc before finishing as I know I was too slow. My predicted winning time is about 1:25 or maybe 1:24, don't really feel going under 1:24 is possible, maybe a RH lap is around 1:18, but a NoRH will be around 1:24.XX in my opinion.

Mark L. Rivers

Important day for me about this race? Good drive sensations, I feel track is going under my skin?   ;)
I finally chose my favorite lines and I?ve now a quite precise target about my finish time? And now I?ve to hope that my final time for CP2 (http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/EVEMARK2.zip), will result good in order of bonus points?  ::)

Mark L. Rivers

Unbelievable... Really unbelievable... I can't say anything different from this...

Duplode

I was about to post some guesswork but the string of posts above by Mark and Chulk has confused me completely... now I'm curious! :P

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on November 11, 2007, 01:31:15 AM
I was about to post some guesswork but the string of posts above by Mark and Chulk has confused me completely... now I'm curious! :P
Post it anyway! Now I AM curious! ???