News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2008

Started by CTG, January 06, 2008, 01:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on April 10, 2008, 11:23:29 PM
Haha, I left the live update of Getafe - Bayern München at 112 minutes, 3-1, Bayern München victory at odds 8.00

Then I see the news 10 minutes later and Bayern won... That's a bit sad, but seems well deserved.

I saw the match, and I saw some parts of the match in München, too. Getafe was better at home than Bayern even with ten man, too. The Bayern equalizer in the 89th minute came from nothing. Getafe could have decided the match earlier, no matter they were playing with 10 man since the 6th minute. The German champion was struggling in the extra time as well, trailing 1-3 by two nice goals from the Spaniards. Then, with a help of the disconcentrated/tired Abbondanzieri (who may thought that they had already won the series... which is the biggest mistake against a German team -> Abbondanzieri should have remembered the 2006 WCH QF GER-ARG)m and with a help of a strange rule (away goals count in extra time, too - it's easier to score in 120 minutes than in 90, and players are more tired), Bayern advanced to the next round extremely luckily, and undeservedly in my opinion. Against a mediocre Primera Division team, Bayern should have won 3-0 or 4-0, since they were playing the whole match in a man advantage. I'm reading metnet.hu's sports forum now, and people are saying the same: they say Getafe should have deserved reaching the semis. It seems the Spanish first division is still the strongest, in England there are still only four clubs (which teams reach Champions' League positions easily with minimum energy input, having more power and concentration - and money - than Serie A or Primera Divison teams).
Chürműű! :-)

1630.32 km

Round 22/30

Makó-Ferencváros 2-2
Orosháza-Kazincbarcika 2-2
Szolnok-Vecsés 4-0
Kecskemét-Jászberény 2-0

1 Kecskemét 51
2 Szolnok 50
3 Ferencváros 43
4 Makó 36
5 Kazincbarcika 34
6 Vác 33

1630.32 km

I found a funny footballist name in English Championship's (second division after Premier League) Hull City squad: check the picture I attached here :) The guy was scored Hull City's third goal in the 82nd minute, but he got substituted then.

1630.32 km

CTG

DAMN IT!!! Futsal world cup's last qualification:

Ukraine - Hungary 3-1
Hungary - Ukraine 4-3 (4-1 two minutes before the end of the match...)

BonzaiJoe

That's unlucky :(

I want to play indoor football...
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

I also want to play and I would like to get a red card for a serious and brutal fault versus Akoss Poo. ;D

Our ice hockey team took revenge on the HUN-UKR futsal match!!!  ;D

1630.32 km

CTG

"Fantastic" news from Hungarian Football Association (MLSZ), we have a new coach/manager for the national eleven: Erwin Koeman (NED). Sounds familiar? Yes, he's the brother of Ronald Koeman (just fired from Valencia). As a player he was quite good: Euro champion (1988), played 31 times in Dutch national team. Later he became a team manager: one year at RKC Waalwijk (2004-2005), two years at Feyenoord (2005-2007). He was fired from the second one because he made Feyenoord a middle-class team (usually they are podiumers in Dutch Eredivisie). One year silence and suddenly he became the manager of the Hungarian team, without any successes in his former manager career.

Strange. Mattheus was sent away because of the same reason: no experience as a manager (while he had quite acceptable results with the team). I think Lothar Mattheus is ways better coach than Koeman. On the other hand, Lothar is really a big name: he could bring many sponsors to the national team, commended some players for clubs in better leagues and his name was also enough to organize quality friendly matches versus Brasil, Argentina, France, Germany, Mexico (or the gala match versus Real Madrid). He also built up a relatively good squad, having sharp matches with the better European teams like Sweden or Greece. But his "fault" was that the former leaders of the MLSZ employed him and the new boss (f*ck your bloody mother, Kisteleki) fired him as soon as he could. Then came two very poor years with Hungarian coaches (maybe the darkest period of the national team ever, losing versus Malta, Cyprus, Moldova, finishing 6th from 7 in the easiest EURO 2008 qualification group) and now comes a nameless manager from Netherlands (even if he was a great player in the 80's, 90's)...

CTG

99 percent that we will see Manchester United and Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League final. So it's better to find a more enjoyable program for the final's night...

CTG

West Bromwich Albion is back to Premier League with Zoltán Gera, the best Hungarian player of the last few years. ;)

Other hot news: Ferencváros lost the chance to step up to the first class, they are 11 points behind Kecskemét 4 rounds before the end of the championship.

Chulk

New update (7-May-2008) on FIFA World Ranking (Football, of course!)

No changes in Top10. Denmark remain the same, Hungary lost yet another place.

1  Argentina                1520
2  Brazil                      1518
3  Italy                       1396
4  Spain                     1323
5  Germany                 1264
6  Czech Rep               1244
7  France                   1205
8  Greece                   1196
9  Portugal                 1131
10 Netherlands            1123
33  Denmark                761
57  Hungary                546

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

BonzaiJoe

33rd place is a disgrace :) only 16 years ago we were European champions... Only 10 years ago we placed 5th-8th at the World Championship. Only 6 years ago we placed 9th-16th at the World Championship. But there's not much hope ahead... The younger players aren't good enough to be a top team.

CTG

Poll standigs at Nemzeti Sport Online:

Which team is going to win EURO2008?

4672 - Italy
3390 - Spain
3210 - Germany
3188 - Romania (WTF, cheater Romanian internet users)
2182 - Portugal
1944 - France
1620 - Netherlands
731 - Croatia
484 - Czech Republic
331 - Austria (way too much)
235 - Greece
207 - Sweden (too few I think)
179 - Russia
165 - Poland
125 - Turkey (I expected a lot more)
123 - Switzerland

BonzaiJoe

I believe Austria is going to take an extreme beating in these championships... They were already way too bad to be in them, and now they haven't played any important games for years. Switzerland has a chance to get in the quarter-finals, but not further than that I think. Romania has a completely impossible group! No quarter final for them.

CTG

Germany/Italy/Portugal/France... If the final winner is different, I will be really surprised. Maybe Netherlands and Spain, but the first is always full of conflicts on the field (team spirit is almost zero), while the latter one could never play their best at the important events.