News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Comments, questions, bugs or idea of improvement

Started by Krys TOFF, April 20, 2008, 12:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: zaqrack on November 10, 2008, 12:13:55 PM
The FTT site displays errors when entering simply from the address: http://feelthethrill.free.fr

direct access to English site works fine.
Bloody Hell ! It seems I copied the english page index.php into the main directory ! :o Why ?!

Quote from: zaqrack on November 10, 2008, 12:29:19 PM
and when trying to submit time, I get the error: deadline for this track is over.
Raaaaah ! And I forgot to upload the updated active.php pages with the new deadline !!!
I'll modify this system anyway, as deadline is now on the database so I'll take it from the database and use it on the php pages, so I won't have to modify active.php for each deadline. ;)

I'll correct these 2 issues when I'll be back home. Sorry, please go to http://feelthethrill.free.fr/site/index.php or http://feelthethrill.free.fr/site_br/index.php in the meantime.

For info, I also modified the php code of stats page to make it dynamic according to the tracks enlisted in the database (and because I won't have to modify it to add the new track after each track is done).
Php is worth learning, I always find new ways to improve my code in order to increase my lazyness about website updates. ;D Adding another "option value" line after each track or for each new pipsqueak enlisted is required now with my new system. :)
When all will be improved, all I'll have to do is add the new track/car/deadline on the database and post the news and it will be done (except for the download page).

Also, I added pipsqueaks and some stats of SDR noRH competitions and will add some more things on the stats page about all officially video proved noRH races. ;)

One last thing : are you interested to see all the previous news or is the current only last 5 news display enough ? All news are in the database so I can add a "show all news" system if you want.

Chulk

As for me, I only read Race results comments but no other news, as I read about them in the forum anyway, so last 5 is OK for me.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Bugs mentionned by Zak are corrected. ;)

OK Chulk. What about the others ?

Krys TOFF

I'm currently working on the new website design (mainly a larger one and trying to get rid of the useless additionnal lines for IE and Opera users). Don't worry if you see some weird things about the design. ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Have you already coded the part related to LTB? If yes, maybe you could test it in the final of this season...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on November 11, 2008, 05:59:30 PM

Have you already coded the part related to LTB? If yes, maybe you could test it in the final of this season...
This is planned, that's why I modify the design first. ;)

How is it this way ? Less useless lines and titles, now I'll have to adjust the scoreboard to the left and add the LTB part at the right of it. I'll see that next week-end.

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Wider, cleaner, better.  :) Row widths on the scoreboard are shorter and feel more natural under my FF2 as well.

Krys TOFF

Stats page updated with data from FTT and SDR too. As long as no video proof will be asked for JacStunts, the stats of this competition won't be included.
Still rules update with LTB for season 2 and replays pack to do to complete the website.

Krys TOFF

I got messages from a new pipsqueak named Goblin who wants to join FTT competition and couldn't register and I realized a bug avoided any new registration since I added some new fields in pipsqueaks' database for stats purpose.
This bug is corrected now and we should soon see Goblin in the scoreboard. ;)

Krys TOFF

I found yesterday the issue that made IE and Opera add useless additionnal lines on the pages.
I did some modifications to the website yesterday :
- I updated the active race page : suppression of the track picture and get rid of useless lines generated by IE and Opera. Tell me if it's not too "condensed" now or if it's OK for you.
- modified the menu to link directly to registering page and time submission page without going through the active race page. I also added some days ago external links to Stunts portal, forum and wiki.
- updated results and stats page, adding also small funny smileys to represent podium finishes. ;D
- updated download page.

What remains to do :
- update rules page both to suppress useless empty lines and to add the new rules regarding leading time bonus, (top priority)
- update not yet updated pages to get rid of useless empty lines generated by IE and Opera, (2nd priority)
- add LTB column in 2nd season ranking in stats page as in current season page, (3rd priority)
- correct title of registering page, (low priority)
- add the possibility to see all previous news. (low priority)

Mark L. Rivers