News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Our very last day

Started by lised, September 09, 2008, 04:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lised

Since we might all die tomorrow (because of "Big Bang 2"), I'll like to know how you would spend your last day (let's pretend it's true)?

If you have an answer to what the meaning of life is, please add it :)

Krys TOFF

A tout le monde
A tous mes amis
Je vous aime
Je dois partir
These are the last words
I'll ever speak
And they'll set me free

Megadeth - A tout le monde

Coudln't resist to quote this song in such a topic theme.

JTK

That's what I did today, on my probably last day alive (this time):

- Teaching nurses to use software
- Eating at Burger King AND McDonald's (yeah! I sometimes need this).
- Playing a song I wrote on the guitar
- playing with my cat
- watching who-wrote-what at the Stunts board
- packing my things in a suitcase for my business travel Munich tomorrow (if there is a tomorrow)
- pick up my homecoming wife from the train station
- sleep easily

Meaning of Life: Besides 42 it's life itself and filling your (my) life with sense! I am, therefor - I guess - is sense.
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

StuntingHoschte

meaning of life: f*cking around godless ;D
5h1t, thats helluva fast, i wont drive it again

CTG

I can't answer it. How should I know? Of course I can write such plans as having a lot of sex and drink barrels of alcohol to decrease the pain. But I'm sure I wouldn't do that. Maybe rather worry about death, being nervous and crying with self-pity.

Meaning of life? The big nothing. If there's God, we are just his puppets. But if not than we are only the late result of a biochemical accident...

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: CTG on September 09, 2008, 08:38:14 PM
But if not than we are only the late result of a biochemical accident...

And so what?  :) That doesn't make my beer taste worse.
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

"What is the meaning of life?" is not a question that deserves an answer, by the way. It presupposes that there is a meaning of life, which presupposes that there is a creator of life. Stupid question, we should have gotten over it hundreds of years ago. Just do what you want.

BonzaiJoe

And I have no idea what I'd do if there was just one day left. Like CTG, I have probably have a terrible day, probably the worst day of my life.

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on September 09, 2008, 09:33:04 PM
"What is the meaning of life?" is not a question that deserves an answer, by the way. It presupposes that there is a meaning of life, which presupposes that there is a creator of life. Stupid question, we should have gotten over it hundreds of years ago. Just do what you want.

Funny how I just went through a very similar argument on my current reading:

Quote from: Sigmund Freud on "Civilization and its discontents"Many a questioner has added that if it should appear that life has no purpose, then it would lose all value for him. But these threats alter nothing. It looks, on the contrary as though one had a right to dismiss this question, for it seems to pressupose the belief in the superiority of the human race with which we are already so familiar in other expressions. (...) So, again, only religion is able to answer the question of the purpose of life. One can hardly go wrong in concluding that the idea of a purpose in life stands and falls with the relighious system.

(the meaning of life is what we do with it...)

BonzaiJoe

Hahaha, I swear I didn't steal it from good old Sigmund! I may have come to realise this with the help of various wise men whose works I have read, but I was unaware of that passage.
It's the same with a lot of other ideas... You get them, think you're a genius for 2 hours, then find out that some guy already came up with the same idea 250 years ago.
(but I didn't expect this particular idea to be original...)

Chulk

I guess I would try to enjoy that last day as much as I can and tell who I love, that I love them, family, friends, maybe kick and enemy's ass. But I also feel that the only way to really enjoy our last day of life is by ignoring this is our last day on Earth.
About meaning of life...
Quote from: Duplode on September 09, 2008, 09:55:06 PM
(the meaning of life is what we do with it...)
Exactly my thoughts!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

lised

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on September 09, 2008, 09:33:04 PM

Well you didn't have to answer it.
I guess most of us agree that there is no creator of life and the meaning of life isn't the same for us, but I do find it interesting to know what others see as the most important "thing" for them. What - most of all - gives their life meaning.

lised

I can't answer it. How should I know? Of course I can write such plans as having a lot of sex and drink barrels of alcohol to decrease the pain. But I'm sure I wouldn't do that. Maybe rather worry about death, being nervous and crying with self-pity.

Meaning of life? The big nothing. If there's God, we are just his puppets. But if not than we are only the late result of a biochemical accident...

I guess you're right that there's a big difference from what you would like to do and what you would really do.

CTG

Quote from: lised on September 09, 2008, 11:51:27 PM
I guess most of us agree that there is no creator of life

Am I in minority?

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on September 09, 2008, 09:31:12 PM
But if not than we are only the late result of a biochemical accident...

And so what?  :) That doesn't make my beer taste worse.

Right! ;D

zaqrack

I'd probably put Andi to the back seat of our tandem, would carry her up a hill to escape the scared and annoying crowd, call my family members to tell them I love them, and then we'd just lay there and relax eating fruits and berries.