News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0111

Started by Krys TOFF, December 03, 2008, 01:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

OK, I have to stop here my current session. I don't know if I will be able to find other 15 or 30 minutes later for a last shot. Anyway, for the moment I didn't improve my current time. Just good laps have been added in my scoreboard as you can see in the evolution of my Evalution page respect the previous one published some minutes ago in my previous comment...

Duplode

I can't keep it shut for too long (easy to say with 45 minutes remaining... ::)). There is another twist to the plot -

Duplode

- as Chulk has just demonstrated -

Mark L. Rivers

Well, it's not really the end I had thought...
Beside the absolute consciousness about the title was already won by Duplode after FTT0109, I aimed, as aforesaid, to win the last two races, and I had thought to succeed in it... almost until this afternoon.
Believe me (and I think it's not hard to do) that I have not any ideas about the lines choosen by the fastest... This make me a bit confused... From a point of view, having to lose the race, I'm "happy" to have lost it failing to individuate the winning-switch, but, on the other side, I'm really dazed not to have see it... I took penalties in every foot of the track I put my wheels differently from the (by now we can call it so) standard line...

Anyway beside all this, let me say the absolute important thing I have to say:

Congratulations Duplode!  :) :) :)

Happy to cede in your hands the "crown" conquered last year, you has been the absolute best NORH driver in this season and you deserve, without any doubt, the title!
It will be a pleasure crossing our swords next year beside the other strongest NORH drivers of the world!  ;) :)

Chulk

Damn! Duplode beat me! And with quite a big gap... CONGRATS CHAMP! I had discovered that line a week ago or and realized my final time. When I tried to beat 53.80 and found it impossible after many tries, I decided I would try to find the way to get rid of the penalty time following that line. It happened by accident as in one of my RH tries, the bug that keeps the car turning left appeared and that caused me to go left right before the finish line. I completed a lap at 48.55 and stop there, convinced nobody else would find it. I had to post it 40 minutes before the end and I think that killed my race... But I'm really motivated for next year, so we'll have an amazing season!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Chulk on December 28, 2008, 09:19:29 PM
When I tried to beat 53.80 and found it impossible after many tries

This is a phrase that makes me a bit more satisfied about my race...  ;)

Krys TOFF

Incredible finish, I expected a sharper one !
I'm curious to see the replays now, and an analysis of them would be interesting.
But I'm quite busy right now so it will be for tonight.
Congrats to Duplode for his champion title, he was the best this season. :)

Now there's a 1 week break and new season will start 4h of January. I operformed tests with my LTB system but found 1 issue I need to correct : it doesn't stop at the race deadline. :D I'll do it this week. ;)

Chulk

So... open cards and old fashion LTB from next race. Exactly like the season I won... That's the way I like it! (Piece o' cake, Krys ;) )

AbuRaf70

FELICITACIONES, CAMPEON DUPLODE...!!!

Pero, también las quiero hacer extensivas a todos los virtuosos del NoRH, como lo son Uds., al haber luchado palmo a palmo en cada competencia...

Por mi parte, espero poder seguir participando, aunque más no sea como "un espectador de lujo", que mira "desde adentro" en cada pista...
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Duplode

Well, what to say? First of all thanks: to Krys for the championship and to all pipsqueaks for the battles - in particular, to Mark for the knightly rivalry. Both the catch and the chase were a spectacular ride. It is a great honour to reach this far in our unique art, especially racing alongside, as Mark would put it, so devoted bishops...
Now, I shall enjoy the laurels while I can, as the new season will dawn quickly. I wonder whether we could have a fourth champion waiting to rise, next year or a bit further...  :)

---

And as for the race: truth is, I found the main cut quite early in the race - when I made that post double-checking the rules about two weeks ago, I was pretty convinced it had to be possible somehow, and found how to pull it shortly afterwards. After that, I kept racing the "default" line for a while so I could compare my times with yours (at least on the first half of the race - if anybody found the trick, as Chulk did, I'd better have something strong in the pocket...), post intermediate times ( ::)) and test what the actual limit was. And BTW: Mark's 53.70 was really strong - I don't think lowering that by more than a tenth with the "default" line would be possible...

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on December 29, 2008, 10:11:39 PM
Mark's 53.70 was really strong - I don't think lowering that by more than a tenth with the "default" line would be possible...
I think so too.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Chulk on December 29, 2008, 10:24:31 PM
Quote from: Duplode on December 29, 2008, 10:11:39 PM
Mark's 53.70 was really strong - I don't think lowering that by more than a tenth with the "default" line would be possible...
I think so too.

You (I mean both) are really true gentlemen, better, true knights...  :)