News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Ayrton reveals the mysteries - the interview, part I

Started by BonzaiJoe, December 07, 2008, 12:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Here is a long expected interview with the "phantom" Ayrton. He has answered many of the questions I asked him, but has also promised to answer more, so stay tuned for part II!

I'm glad you want to answer some questions in the middle of our battles on Rijad and ZCT87, and hope you will not only answer with "yes/no/maybe" 
First of all, I must say we are all very impressed and taken aback by your 8 wins in a row in Zakstunts. Zakstunts has a long history and nobody has ever done something like that before.
Sometimes it seems that you are able to use many more bugs and improrable tricks than the rest of us, let me ask the first question:
do you have a special method for making these bugs happen (your jump onto the banked road on ZCT86 is an example), or do you just try very, very many times?

The first thing that we need to do these special bugs, is know their existence. And like somebody says  "the source of knowledge is the experience"; we want to remember those unexpected tricks made in the past, the majority useless and not appearing in the final replay, also we can learn from another driver's replays. Ex; The jump in the start of the cork up/down, the jump sliding over the border of the roof of the tunnel, the jump in the border of the hill, the jump in the back/in the border in the end/start of the banked road, the jump in the ramp down, and a lot more.
Another thing is to think that these unusual tricks exist in all sections and in all tracks, like commonly bugs (ex. PG) aren´t product of luck, the matter is that in ones we know more technics to make it happen and in others almost nothing (Ex. Extra G force, Magic Carpet).
At last comes the lap where you try to do the trick applying and improving the technic known. For this is needed some method, while searching for a trick do not redrive twice in the same way (in agreement with point 2), try different gas/brake/steering positions and car angles/coordinates/...

In the case of ZCT86, I knew the jump of the banked road wall, but not the jump close to the kerb on the paved flat corner, I discovered it accidentally while jumping on it with Porsche 962, but the Bonus was very low, then i try with NSX, the jumps were easy to recreate,  more difficult was to reach the land point after the corkscrew jump due to the lack of power of the NSX vs. 962.

Imagine a typical Zakstunts race: how do you go about winning? What are your methods (if you are willing to reveal them!) and your habits? Do you drive test laps?

With the actual system i do a lap with very low RH (only for an eventual crash) choosing a fast car (Indy generally)
to recognize the circuit (in the ordinary way) and see possible tricks and shortcuts. If the track is multiway I first see the map. Soon I go to ZakStunts page and see the bonus chart, I choose some cars according to bonus and to the shape of the track. Then I drive one lap with each car selected doing basic tricks and shortcuts, and without taking section times, spending no more than  20´- 30´ per car, only to see which do the best times. Later I drive the car with best time in a new lap, this time trying advanced tricks/shortcuts and taking section times.
Anyway I continue the development of the other cars. Also I listen to music while driving and generally spend near 10 tracks in a day of play, this help to not get bored. Like reading a book take the replay when you have desire and leave it when not. The most important thing is enjoying while racing, this is a game !! not a war (unless CTG says that you are a ghost) ;-)

And more questions:

What is your short-term goal in Stunts, this season?

To have good races. For me is much better a great battle with lots of leaders and replays than win a race alone, but if furthermore I can win races it´s even better. This (2008) was a great season with tight battles against Bonzai Joe, CTG, Duplode and Mark.

What are your long term goals and dreams regarding Stunts?

First keep the relation with the community. Beyond of my poor participation because my lack of english, always read mates posts and know enough of each one. I can´t imagine leaving this community someday, it´s full of good people with who I enjoy a lot and whom I desire the best.

How do you feel about your opponents – are you afraid they will beat you or do you always feel sure you'll win when you've realized your final Zakstunts replays?

None of the two. I consider them like friends (not enemies), admire their replays and learn from them.
Too, in stunts like in races, until the goal you never can consider that a replay is the winner.
First you need to beat all your opponents, when done you need to beat yourself, when done and you can´t beat more yourself you continue without having the winner replay. Even I don´t know the formula for being sure.

Are you going to try and break Renato Biker's (and my) records on the permanent tracks?

Not in mind by now, but if you want ;-).

How did you enter the Stunts world and what were your first impressions?

My first contact with the game was near 1994, but with competitions was in 7/2004 while viewing an abandonware page, a window was opened inviting me to race an online competition of Stunts game. This was "4dsl" managed by "Alan Rotoi" ...

Are you a good noRH pipsqueak?

I don´t think so, my first and only participation in NORH was in ZCT79 (Default) it took me around 1 - 2 hs to do 35.xx but when i send it the system took the time of Skid and put over 1:00 in the scoreboard :-/
Anyway sometimes race in norh against the opponents choosing slows cars but even so it's very easy to beat them.
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

AbuRaf70

Recuerdo que el 7/2004 mi hijo encontró la misma invitación a que hace mención Ayrton (una competencia organizada por Alan Rotoi) y me hizo el comentario, porque sabía que me gustaba correr en Stunts...

Desde entonces es que corro en cuanta competencia de Stunts encuentro, pero desde luego, no he progresado como lo hizo Ayrton...  Que Maestro...!!!!
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Chulk

Que tiempos aquellos de 4dsl! Otra cosa, me parece que se entiende bastante el ingles, no deberias tener problemas en el foro...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

BonzaiJoe

I briefly corrected the English, on Ayrton's request...

Chulk

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 07, 2008, 08:45:42 PM
I briefly corrected the English, on Ayrton's request...
Well, that explains a bit then, but was it that bad?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

BonzaiJoe

Not really... There were some strange grammatical mistakes, but also a good deal of eloquence. I only corrected grammar, didn't add/exchange words or correct spelling.