News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Finally there: the superkart (version 1.0), plus special race event.

Started by Overdrijf, August 20, 2010, 06:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdrijf

I've been working on another kart track myself. I could send it to you for inspiration?

Cas

Oops!  I've very just posted in the shoutbox in response to CTG, inviting him to post a track. But now I think if you would like to post a track for the Kart, it'd make more sense. Maybe, he'd like to make his track for another car?  Anyway, of course. How would I not let you post your own track for the Kart?  I better start a topic on the reopening of Race For Kicks.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Overdrijf

O, I'm actually kind of curious what CTG would come up with for the kart. I just saw you asked me in that later post and replied. Just in general: I'm willing to design a track. And of course I'm willing to do it for the kart. That last one I did wasn't owoot friendly, but only one section...

If you do decide to "hire" me: when do you want it and are there any other requirements, like length?

dreadnaut

Quote from: Overdrijf on August 31, 2018, 10:25:55 PM
O, I'm actually kind of curious what CTG would come up with for the kart.

I wouldn't mind two SuperKart tracks, they could be the first and the last of the competition :)

Overdrijf

By the way, I've dropped a few hints over the years that I was working on a kind of turbo van. That one will not be joining the competition. I drove it for a few meters since I came back and I realized why it was never as fun to work on as the kart: it's quite boring to drive. The game doesn't have a lot of options to bring across the feeling of driving something big and heavy without compromising on it being a good vehicle. I might be hatching another idea for a future project, but it's kind of complex...

(Or maybe I'll change my mind again or have some sort of brilliant idea that fixes everything. Anyway: don't expect it anytime soon. I'll happily share what I had so far with any boring vehicle enthusiasts out there.)

Cas

Yeah, no problem for me. I'll organise the tournament for reopening and I'm willing to open it up for people to create their tracks and request a car for them. You can follow the other thread I started about Race For Kicks.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Overdrijf

I'm revisiting this thread to post a 2019 update to this car.

Given how atypical the vehicle is and how many bad modeling practices I used while making the 3D model it actually worked surprisingly well. I'm not here to do anything about how atypical the car is, but I did fix the bad modeling practices I could find. This update renders the car more smoothly. The only thing I changed is the 3D shape. I also successfully resisted the urge to add a readme file and/or remove the track from the package posted below. I kept everything the same as in the 2010 version, except it looks less buggy in game. I also added just the 3D shape below, if you already have the superkart installed you can just paste that in and you'll get exactly the same experience as when you download the full zip file.

Thanks to Cas and Dreadnaut for showing renewed interest in this vehicle.

dreadnaut

Quote from: Overdrijf on January 12, 2019, 10:39:02 PM
I also successfully resisted the urge to add a readme file and/or remove the track from the package posted below.

Oh, a readme file would always be appreciated! Thanks for updating it for the season start, I'll include this version in the 2019 pack :)