News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2013

Started by CTG, December 28, 2012, 06:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FIFA Golden Ball 2013 - who will be the winner?

Ribery
2 (28.6%)
Messi
2 (28.6%)
cristiana
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

CTG

CTG

65' RMA-FCB 0-1, good match!

1-1, not that good.  >:(

Pedro screwed it up with the missed chance. Lucky Real again: Carvalho could get a red card for using his hand.

Negative surprise of the match was Messi's weak performance. Another observation: Carvalho, Modric and Khedira don't seem to be on Real Madrid level, while Varane is really promising young talent.

At least no goals from cristiana...

CTG

Granada - Real Madrid 1-0 (with cr's own goal)

Shall I wish more? ;D

alanrotoi

CTG

CTG

It seems Barca is not that great without the presence Vilanova. :-\

BJ: Premier League comments?

BonzaiJoe

Some thoughts about the situation in the Premier League:

You'd think the Premier League is just one league, but it's actually three:

The top teams: (Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal)
The candidate teams: (Tottenham, Everton, Liverpool)
The bottom: (Swansea, West Bromwich, Stoke, West Ham, Fulham, Sunderland, Southampton, Newcastle, Norwich, Reading, Wigan, Aston Villa, QPR)

Arsenal is doing badly at the moment, but you know they'll be back. Liverpool used to be a top club, but that was 4 years ago now. Tottenham is aspiring to be a top club, but they still need to stabilize in the top. Everton has been consistently finishing in the sup-top for some years now.

It's normal in the premier league to see a rather small point difference between relegated teams and 8th or 9th placed teams, and then big gaps toward the top.

So, what's going on in the top?

Manchester United wins the championship this year. They have been consistent, effective and patient like always, and many of their players are able to pull off sudden world class actions that have won them games. The "patience" of Manchester United might also explain why they are successful in the league at the moment, but not in the CL. The league format suits them because they can play it cool in each game and never panic. In "do or die" games, they might get in trouble if they come under pressure.

Manchester City had some collective spirit last year, fighting for the first championship for this club since the middle ages. Now they're champions of England and nobody cares. The players collect their paychecks and play unmotivated football, beating crap teams because they're really 100 times better players, but not having what it takes to win the championship.

Chelsea is not doing as well as they should, considering the great players they have. I think they're missing some consistency. Too many fired managers and too many players being bought and sold. And Fernando Torres is still playing. His level is good enough to play for Wigan or Sunderland, not for Chelsea.

Tottenham is my team. I'm very happy that they've kept Gareth Bale, and that they've started using Jermaine Defoe, who is one of the best strikers in the league in my opinion (only van Persie and Suarez are definitely better). The team has become very strong now. Hopefully they can manage to keep their players and stick to their ideas and live up to their full potential. Lately they have been playing a lot of draws and not scoring many goals.

Everton is finally looking like a serious team. Still, they shouldn't be able to get into the top 4, because their squad just isn't as strong as the other top teams'. Manager must be doing a really good job. They have been playing really well.

Arsenal are in the middle of a disappointing season. Giroud is totally hyped and their defence is too insecure. Their starting eleven is strong, but it's substantially weaker than a couple of years ago when they had Song, van Persie and Fabregas.

Liverpool has some great players, but they only play well in 1 of 3 matches.

I think we will see the same teams in the top in the next 2 years (with Arsenal and Liverpool improving a bit). The "bottom" has no serious contenders for entering the top. Only Newcastle has showed some potential, but it was just for one season.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Nice evaluation. I thought you will comment only this round.

La Liga is a lot easier task.

Top team: Barcelona
Lately only "almost top team": Real Madrid
Wannabe top teams: Atletico Madrid, Valencia
And the others in the mass...

CTG

Nigeria - Burkina Faso... that's a joke!

CTG

Quote from: CTG on February 06, 2013, 11:46:26 PM
Nigeria - Burkina Faso... that's a joke!

Nigeria is the new king of 'N's!

Chulk

For Alex Del Piero fans, this guy beat you all!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

CTG

Messi's performance seems to be more and more annoying. Even if he plays crappy, he scores at least one goal. :D

Chulk

I don't think I've said this enough times... BEST PLAYER EVER!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Barca will have a hard (almost impossible) mission in Nou Camp against Milan... :-\