News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2013

Started by CTG, December 28, 2012, 06:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FIFA Golden Ball 2013 - who will be the winner?

Ribery
2 (28.6%)
Messi
2 (28.6%)
cristiana
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 16, 2013, 12:44:05 AM
Play-offs:
Play-offs:

France
Portugal
Ukraine
Greece
Sweden
Romania
Croatia
Iceland

No easy teams available for Iceland. Best chance is vs Romania.

No chance for playing against Romania. There's a seeding for the playoffs, and both Romania and Iceland are unseeded teams.

Seeded: Croatia (World Rank: 10th), Portugal (11th), Greece (12th), Sweden (22nd)
Unseeded: France (25th), Ukraine (26th), Romania (31st), Iceland (54th)

Best chance for them is against Greece I think.
Chürműű! :-)

2990.82 km

BonzaiJoe

You were much closer to play-off than you have been in the latest qualifications. As you said, it would just have required a win against Romania at home. And it was not an easy group. Three high-quality teams. Maybe next time...
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Akoss Poo on October 16, 2013, 09:53:02 AM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 16, 2013, 12:44:05 AM
Play-offs:
Play-offs:

France
Portugal
Ukraine
Greece
Sweden
Romania
Croatia
Iceland

No easy teams available for Iceland. Best chance is vs Romania.

No chance for playing against Romania. There's a seeding for the playoffs, and both Romania and Iceland are unseeded teams.

Seeded: Croatia (World Rank: 10th), Portugal (11th), Greece (12th), Sweden (22nd)
Unseeded: France (25th), Ukraine (26th), Romania (31st), Iceland (54th)

Best chance for them is against Greece I think.

I guess so too. Maybe the greek players won't enjoy playing in Iceland in November.

NB III East, table:

1    Létavértes SC '97    9    7    0    2    25    :    9    16    21
2    FC Hatvan    9    6    1    2    18    :    12    6    19
3    DVSC-DEAC    8    6    0    2    22    :    10    12    18
4    Putnok VSE    9    5    1    3    17    :    11    6    16
5    Hajdúböszörményi TE    9    4    4    1    18    :    11    7    16
6    Fortress Felsötárkány    9    4    4    1    14    :    10    4    16
7    FC Tiszaújváros    9    5    0    4    12    :    15    -3    15
8    Kazincbarcikai SC    9    4    3    2    10    :    8    2    15
9   Ebes KKSE    8    4    1    3    10    :    9    1    13
10    Ferencváros II    9    3    3    3    9    :    12    -3    12
11    Nyírbátor FC    9    3    1    5    13    :    16    -3    10
12    Cigánd SE    9    3    1    5    15    :    20    -5    10
13    Jászapáti VSE    9    2    1    6    14    :    20    -6    7
14    Egri FC    10    1    3    6    10    :    16    -6    6
15    REAC    8    1    2    5    10    :    19    -9    5
16    Veresegyház VSK    9    0    1    8    9    :    28    -19    1

Some of the leaders of our team and some of the coaches said that we have a chance to get the chamionship table... well, it seems, we are far from that...

2990.82 km

alanrotoi

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 16, 2013, 03:42:02 AM
Uruguay vs Jordania for a place in the world cup. GO JORDANIA!!!!!!!!!!

I mean Jordan :D

CTG

CTG

Btw BJ, how would you evaluate the performance of the Danish eleven? Being the worst second place team always sucks...

Quote from: CTG on October 16, 2013, 04:29:46 PM
Btw BJ, how would you evaluate the performance of the Danish eleven? Being the worst second place team always sucks...

Maybe this feeling is the opposite of sending Italy to best third place team in Euro 2004...

2990.82 km

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: CTG on October 16, 2013, 04:29:46 PM

All in all, it was a messy and disappointing performance. They only played really well in the last three matches, and by then it was too late. Of course this is better than if they had only played well in the first three matches, because this bodes better for the future.
We lost the qualification by drawing at home vs Bulgaria and Czech Republic (when we had the chance to win), and, of course, by losing 0-4 to Armenia at home. I think that's the most embarrassing result for Denmark in my lifetime.
Even if we had won vs Italy, I guess we would not have qualified (because in that case I think Croatia would have at least gotten a draw vs Scotland). It was a difficult group because all teams except Malta had considerable quality, but the end result was that we lost because of some sloppy and unstructured performances, when we could have won.

BonzaiJoe

I don't feel resentful about being the worst 2nd, cause we really were the worst 2nd. We didn't deserve to qualify for play-offs. Of course we had one of the difficult groups, while Switzerland / Slovenia / Norway / Iceland / Albania / Cyprus was a ridiculously weak group, but there were other strong groups, and we would have qualified if we had played decently in the first 7 matches.

I think the points a team collect against group opponents rather depend on the strength of other teams. Armenia is an improving team, just check the results of their club teams. The ITA-DEN-CZE-BUL-ARM is probably at least as strong as the NED-ROM-HUN-TUR-EST group. Probably the two strongest groups.

So I think we should give a chance to the worst 2nd, too. It would be a better idea to send the worst first placed team to playoff round, having 8 secure qualifiers and 5 playoff series. Sending a team to playoff just because they were the worst xth position team is way better than sending a team out of qualification for the same reason. Give a chance to all 1st-2nd placed teams, I think.

But still, remembering Euro 2004, I can't feel sad for Team Denmark, since my favourite team is (for cca. 20 years) Italy.

2990.82 km

alanrotoi

Italy all time strategy: 9 defenders, 1 striker.

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 16, 2013, 09:26:53 PM
Italy all time strategy: 9 defenders, 1 striker.

Real Madrid new wave strategy: give the ball to cr, he'll shoot.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Akoss Poo on October 16, 2013, 08:24:33 PM
I think the points a team collect against group opponents rather depend on the strength of other teams. Armenia is an improving team, just check the results of their club teams. The ITA-DEN-CZE-BUL-ARM is probably at least as strong as the NED-ROM-HUN-TUR-EST group. Probably the two strongest groups.

So I think we should give a chance to the worst 2nd, too. It would be a better idea to send the worst first placed team to playoff round, having 8 secure qualifiers and 5 playoff series. Sending a team to playoff just because they were the worst xth position team is way better than sending a team out of qualification for the same reason. Give a chance to all 1st-2nd placed teams, I think.

But still, remembering Euro 2004, I can't feel sad for Team Denmark, since my favourite team is (for cca. 20 years) Italy.

Really? Did you watch the game? You realize there is a reasonable possibility of a game legitimately ending in a 2-2 draw, right?
I think the last minute of the game was embarrassing, because Sweden didn't push forward. Nothing wrong with the rest of the match.

I watched the full game on tv. I was sure that Italy would win against Bulgaria, and they qualification to the playoff round would depend on the honesty/dishonesty of the Scandinavians. Of course I knew that it would finish 2-2.

Old Hungarian players told to the public that when they had to play a fixed result, they always knew how to play that without being noticable. That's all. DEN-SWE (2-2) was a fixed game. But even if you convince me somehow, there are still millions of people left...

UEFA, with a Swedish president, Johansson, didn't investigate the match for some unknown reason...

2990.82 km