News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

how to capture a film about what happens on the screen when.

Started by al il professore, April 26, 2003, 11:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al il professore

how to capture a film about what happens on the screen when i do a crazy stunts.

i know the bmp capture. I need a video capture program under dos.

Or a automated bmp capture every x times. any precise ideas welcome
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Krys TOFF

I dunno any program like that under DOS.
But you can use the key "print screen" and then paste it on any image manager program (I use Paint Shop Pro) and save the file as a GIF image.
Repeat it often, using Stunts replay manager.
Then, use GIF Animator to create an animated gif reproducing a "movie".

It will take time and efforts to do a good "movie", but that's the only way I know.

zaqrack

al il professore

krys method is the one i know and used sometimes. I had used it this is good for three seconds max.

snagit will capture a dos window. not a full screen like stunts :)
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

I managed to.

victory. I am boiling inside. wow.

gimme ten minutes by now on and i will post a link to a little avi file of my lap on z24 avi format (divx 5.0) its a little crappy because its choppy but

WE CAN GRAB ON A DVD THE STUNTS FILMS WE DREAMT OF!!!!!!

lets do: best replays 2003, highlights al001, video clips, music, directors cut! and so and so and so!!!!

VIVA STUNTS VCR

now i prepare a clip, and i come back to put a link to it ;) (what will be a universal video format? mpg? (too heavy) divx (compatibility with latest codecs) rm (real one is the best, because it opens a window from the browser and can play a streaming video but i dont know if i can create those format) I will tend to the divx at first: light, simple for me, good for u. see u pals.

(i will put all the explanations on article on stunts are us website.)

al il professore

of course nothing was possible without zakow's help.

Thank you so much Mister Zack mac kraken

See you secams.

al il professore

BonzaiJoe

Let's make a Stunts movie!!! A Stunts movie about the 2003 season!  :lol:  :roll:  8)  :P  :!:  :D
Stunts clips, interviews, split-screen races, month by month history, background documentary,drama! Smokin' wheels!
But we can't be quite sure.

al il professore

split screen. oh my.

interviews. oh my.

smoking wheels... ooooh my godness. an entire world is opening. i prepare a how to for film making.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "al il professore"i prepare a how to for film making.
And where is this "how to" now ? Has it been done ?

al il professore

it's simple to do... and no one needed it until now... in fact i was the lonely nut to do it

1. open stunts in a dos emulator like dosbox, the interest is that a dos emulator displays the replays on a window that a screen capture program can save into an avi file.
2. open a program like hypersnap dx or snagit, select the window of dosbox, chose the video compression format press REC on tape
3. edit cut place the music... and publish the final avi file with virtualdub or windows movie maker.

hardware: it must be able to run a dos emulator (heavy) and a screen capture program in the same time. it worked two years ago on 800mhz with 128mb ram.

al il professore

i erased those files one month ago and i dont know where are those files in my CDs

Mingva

Quote from: "al il professore"i dont know where are those files in my CDs
I have it :)

Chulk

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"Let's make a Stunts movie!!! A Stunts movie about the 2003 season!  :lol:  :roll:  8)  :P  :!:  :D
Stunts clips, interviews, split-screen races, month by month history, background documentary,drama! Smokin' wheels!
I'd like to see something like that. Specially the split-screen between the 2 best times of every race.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT269 track, from ZakStunts season 2023?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview