News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Opponent's path

Started by Cas, January 23, 2021, 07:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyLiE

Welcome back Mark!  It's great to hear your stories about Stunts from decades past.  I look forward to racing with you if you get the chance! :)

llm

Quote from: Mark Nailwood on May 31, 2021, 01:05:43 AM
As JTK wrote, these tools were created with Turbo Pascal, the development environment that I also used during my study of Computer Science. I am sure I'll find the Track Blaster source code somewhere in my backups, but the real challenge will be to understand the code and logic (even for me). It started as a quick and dirty implementation for my personal use and over the time it was just enhanced with features, not with coding style cleanup or documentation. ::)  But feel free to try, I will assist whenever my time permits.

we all like the smell of legacy programs and source code :)
can you try to find the source of all your tools and upload them here - we all love to archive, understand and port your stuff

Cas

Mark Nailwood!  The legend! :D  It's great to see you're here. It definitely would be an honour to race with you!

I've been making a couple of tools for Stunts and yours have totally served as inspiration. I miss the times when programming was all real mode DOS. No dependencies, no hassle. At the same time, it was more challenging in many aspects, but it was great to go for that challenge!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Mark Nailwood

Good news: I found the source code of my tools. :)  Where would be the best place in this forum to post it?

I also managed to install DOSBox and Stunts on my Win10 laptop and also found the DOSBox settings to improve the game performance (it feels somehow laggy with the default settings). Then I did some test runs on the Default track to check my remaining racing skills after 20 years of retirement. Current times: 1:07.60 on the right track and 1:09:95 on the left (Indy, of course). ::)
Well, don't expect me to get close to my performance of the good old days, but I'm sure it will be fun to compete again. :D

llm

make a new post in the "Stunts Related Programs" forum, just describe what it is an attach it
or make a github project where others can contribute

Cas

Yes, the forum is good :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

Welcome back, Mark Nailwood; it's fantastic to see you here! Thanks a lot for those tools, of which I, like many of us, have been a happy user for so many years  :)