News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Packard Eight Sedan 1934

Started by alanrotoi, April 27, 2021, 02:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Quote from: Cas on June 16, 2021, 03:07:17 AM
Ah!  It looks great!  :D  I want to try that power gear  ;D

From here to mid july I will be quiet busy but I can say the 3d shape and the dashboard are in progress. Also I started to set the car parameters of performance.

My current goals are in this order:
- make an official video presenting Melange with ALL data, stats, timeline history and clips.
- finish building Packard Eight Sedan 1934
- finish building Dodge Monaco Highway Patrol (95% of 3d shape finished, the rest not yet started)

Ryoma

dreadnaut

Quote from: alanrotoi on June 16, 2021, 05:59:13 AM
Yes, the idea is to build a slow car with power gear. (I think with "flexible" you mean the kind of power gear Indy has. Yes, that's what I want for this car). If i succeed it might be a very interesting car.

Yep, "flexible" is the Indy or Acura behaviour. That's when you can reach powergears on ramps or loops, even if your speed is not high enough yet.

Do you think it would be slower than the Acura?

alanrotoi

Quote from: dreadnaut on June 17, 2021, 07:44:18 PM
Do you think it would be slower than the Acura?

I imagine a "tuned" car from 1934 that can reach a playable speed max from around 120 mph to 150 mph. On the other hand a flexible but limited power gear would be nice such a 200mph or 225 mph. Is it possible a limited power gear like this but without loosing it on steering? I mean the same PG indy has but slower.

Cas

I was recently experimenting with the RES parameters and managed to make myself a power gear car at a speed much lower than that of the Indy, but higher than that of the Acura. It was a pretty stable flexible power gear. But it was just an experiment and I didn't try to make a real car from it. Not sure if I still have the RES.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Now I'm a bit more confident using Stressed so I fixed the mess it was this car (for the picture was beatiful but ingame it has a lot of errors :D). Now it works ingame and I added a Taxi paintjob :)

alanrotoi

I'm trying but I can't keep the flexible power gear in a slow car. Only if I add an extra transmission with superb extra rpm and speed... it would change everything and it's now what I want. Did somebody tryied?

Ryoma

Daniel3D

Indeed like Kitt. I am trying something similar for the DeLorean as well.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

Quote from: Ryoma on April 01, 2022, 09:05:15 PM
Like k2000 (Knight rider)?

Yes, but I don't want to do that. Meanwhile I solve this I'll finish other cars.

alanrotoi

Problem solved! You don't know how much fun I'm having doing this car. It could start a new subcategory of cars. I love it.

It might be finished today. The only details left are: gearbox, car2 and exp mask.

alanrotoi

Packard Eight is out! You can download it from here! I'll make the Wiki article detailing the car.
- It's a 1934 car
- tuned to reach 119 mph
- a power gear like Porsche/March INDY (flexible) max speed 245 mph
- due to it's slow acceleration it's needed some jumps to reach power gear making it an interesting and unique car.
- 1934 is the year Aburaf70 born.
- the first pre-WWII car in Stunts.
- It's a new subcategory of cars.

Please let me know if you find errors or unwanted bugs ;) I hope you'll enjoy

Ryoma

Very cool car .... I like it. I try only 2 minutes ..I'm at job

alanrotoi

Thank you. I'm glad you like it.  There is another detail. The "realistic" experience is also in the engine sound due its low revs it is quiet particular  :)

KyLiE

I just tried it out and it's great! :) Well done!  This is truly a unique Stunts experience.