News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Free image hosting

Started by alanrotoi, June 16, 2022, 03:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Do you know a good site for free image hosting? A site where you could also browse between your uploaded images.

Duplode

I typically use Imgur for that purpose.

alanrotoi

Oh is there any hosting that doesn't ask you your phone number?

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on June 16, 2022, 06:30:27 PM

They weren't asking for that when I created my account years ago; that's quite obnoxious... I haven't used other image hosts in the recent past, so I can't properly recommend an alternative.

dreadnaut

Are these "throwaway" images, or something you'd like to keep online for longer?

I don't trust image services with important content, I've seen too may pages lose their content. I'd use some free/cheap web hosting, where I have more control and I can backup things. Paired with a custom domain, it makes "linked resource loss" unlikely.

Then again, nothing is forever :'(

alanrotoi

It is just to put images here and for my signature  ;)

dreadnaut

What happens if you attach them here on the forum, and then link to the attachment?

Cas

I agree with Dreadnaut: nothing better than having your own free or cheap hosting. It'll also work faster and they won't beacon people browsing. Besides, these beacons often cause images to break if your browser is blocking spyware. In my opinion, if a site asks for your phone number, for ethical reasons, you should do everything to avoid using it.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Overdrijf

Quote from: alanrotoi on June 16, 2022, 06:30:27 PM

I tend to use postimages.org. Don't even have an account or anything. The images do disappear eventually, like with most of these sites, but that's usually long after they've lost their relevance.