News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Default track

Started by alanrotoi, August 03, 2022, 03:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Default track as you know it's a dual-way track. When you race against an opponent they always choose the shortest way... so why they choose the longest way in this track? The longest way is too much longer than the shortest so it is not the same. The question is: WHY? ???

Cas

I had a feeling about this and I made a test and the result was what I expected. I first made the control test with Skid driving the Melange and I driving the Jaguar on the Default track. As you mentioned, Skid turns left at the first split point, taking the much longer path. However, I made the same test in the Tluafed track (attached here) and Skid goes straight. He does not turn right. I think there is a relation between taking turns at splits and whether the opponent's car is at the moment nearer the left or right side of the road. Thus, the starting position affects this just as do things like the pipsqueak's car being near at the moment that the opponent reaches the split point or also, if the opponent has just completed a stunt that left him/her on a certain side of the road and a split comes right after. This has to be tested thoroughly.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

I did some tests as well (there is a topic about it) and there are some general things that are of influence.
The position of the player(PL) when the automated opponent (AO) comes to the split.
The position of the AO (eg after the slalom blocks) that may be of influence.
What the game considers the fastest route, stunts have different speed settings than flat road.

Although many tests show that these things are of influence, they can not explain all behavior,
Like the default track, so more research must be done.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

This is hard to check but when I had BB1.0 version back in 90s, as far as I remember, the opponents always too the shortest way. It was a surprise when I see the opposite since the last 20 years.

Cas

I still have a copy of BB Stunts 1.0 if you want it. It's the one I had until I started participating in ZakStunts, I think.

alanrotoi

Thanks I still have my original copy. I'm watching some old replays now :D

alanrotoi

I know what happens but I don't know why. If you race against Skid he takes the long way (he turns to the left) but if you check the replay he appears in the shorter way. Now.. why?? ???

It's like the Double-slit experiment  ;D  ;D  ;D. If you race him, he takes left way but if you check the replay he took the other way.  ;D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment

Cas

:o  Does this work in the Default track with any car no matter if you race or just stay still at the starting point?

alanrotoi

No matter the car or user movement. Test it, maybe you can find an explanation.

Cas

Uhm... I just tried and didn't get these results. I drove with the Jaguar and added Cherry with the Melange. I stayed behind her giving her enough space to decide. When we reached the split point, she turned, so I continued straight. At the end, I replayed it and the same thing happened.

alanrotoi

KyLiE

It seems that only Skid Vicious can be in two places at once. ;)

Cas

When you watch the replay, Skid's function wave collapses  ;D

Daniel3D

I figured it out..
Skid has become time aware..

After countless years of watching players do Replay Handling, he has learned the trick as well.

Video, Skid can't take nostalgia,

Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)