News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts Megapack (All cars included)

Started by Erik Barros, July 21, 2024, 07:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik Barros

I'm happy to announce a compilation I made with all the cars I found, there are 213 cars available separated by groups.

It's still in a beta version because I need to create groups for the cars, I would like suggestions for these groups. Menu for creators and competitions is functional.

I provide the list of cars and the download link (The file is larger than 3Mb and I cannot attach it directly)

I made a separate thanks thread I'm happy with any feedback or suggestions.

Megapack Beta Use MEGA.BAT to start

You cannot view this attachment.

dreadnaut

Cas

Wow!  I'd like to see a graph of the number of known custom cars to the community at different points in time and see how it grew so quickly in the last years. By the way, looking forward to the Archive. Willing to help with what I can, from the garage point, for instance.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Spoonboy

This looks great.
The 'Select by type" option will be fun, but we need to assign types to the rest of the cars. This will be an interesting game in itself!
Also, Simple Garage seems to 'park/retrieve' the selected cars quite slowly, is this normal? (Not used s.g before)
But wow, what a great tool!

Duplode

Congratulations on the release, @Erik Barros ! The Megapack provides a snapshot of our universe of cars, and offers an easy way to try them out (if you're looking for a specific car, use the spreadsheet attached to the first post to find the pack it belongs to). Furthermore, the pack selection tooling is 100% DOS-based, which should make it usable mostly anywhere (and, in particular, on Android DOSBox setups).

Quote from: Spoonboy on July 22, 2024, 11:47:37 AMAlso, Simple Garage seems to 'park/retrieve' the selected cars quite slowly, is this normal? (Not used s.g before)

It's probably normal. I think the delay happens because Simple Garage has to (try to) move all of the 200+ cars listed in the config file out of the game folder before bringing in the selected ones.

Spoonboy

I can look at the xls and try sorting the rest into sensible groups - but this may take some time and research!

On the up side, this may take some time and research! ;D

alanrotoi

That's cool! What a great number. How this tool works?

BTW, nice Doom supercharger image ;D

Erik Barros

Quote from: alanrotoi on July 22, 2024, 07:13:26 PMThat's cool! What a great number. How this tool works?

BTW, nice Doom supercharger image ;D

Thank you, just download the file, unzip it in a folder and use MEGA.BAT to start, I'll leave the images of the menus that are working.

Main Menu

Creator menu

Competition menu

Erik Barros

Quote from: alanrotoi on July 22, 2024, 07:13:26 PMBTW, nice Doom supercharger image ;D

nothing better than a megasphere to boost the number of cars  ;D

Erik Barros

It is now also possible to test drive the megapack with online stunts

Online Megapack Stunts

alanrotoi

Cool! What a great project! I'll try as soon as I arrive home

Cas

Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Striker

Wow great!! Thank you very much Erik!  8)