News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Midnight Desert Rally (2024-10-13)

Started by alanrotoi, October 08, 2024, 12:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

You cannot view this attachment.

Here is a reminder of what the 20:00 UTC start time will look like in some time zones:

Brisbane 06:00
    Los Angeles 13:00
    Buenos Aires 17:00
    London 21:00
    Amsterdam 22:00
    Bucarest 23:00

Rules:

The race will last 15 minutes. You have to finish your lap as fast as you can. Since the event will be broadcasted we can check fast if the rules are fulfilled and also if your game stops at the 10th minute we can see the point you stoppped (it shouldn't happen because the track isn't that long and it's shared a week before the race to have time to all the test laps you want).
You have to share your replay by uploading it to the forum as usual. If you couldn't end the lap at *time the last frame of your lap will be taken from the broadcast as your official location.

*it could be because you lost much time using RH or if you couldn't finish the track before 10 minutes.

The winner is who did the fastest lap and/or who was closer to the finish line. (everybody will finish but just in case :) )

The track: MIDNIGHT.TRK

EASY: It's almost impossible to crash so almost the only reason to go back and re-drive would be if you got out of the road or turn a corner faster, that kind of things. The track has some elements but it won't have slaloms, loops or corkscrew up/down to avoid crashes. Furthermore, you won't find "sudden" corners, in order to make a fluent drive and focus on the main objetive to drive "at night". Luckily you'll need to use RH only few times.

LONG: The tests reveals the lap times should be around 7 - 10 minutes.
These are the lap times from the opponents:
Skid: 7:39.40
Helen: 9:28.10
Cherry 11:51.60
Joe: 9:00.60
Otto: 8:55.65
Bernie: 10:51.75

DIFFICULTY: The night dashboard makes the ride a bit more difficult because of the vision is limited to car lights. The rest of the screen you can watch the track and the desert but in dark colors. Also signs like the "piano" can't be seen without the car lights. You won't find obscure elements that you can't see them comming.

Allowed
- use Replay Handling
- choose any car between Hummer H1, Lada Niva and Land Rover, only Night Race versions provided here.

Forbidden
- change the camera (forbidden to press F2, F3, F4, D, C, etc.)

You can download a Stunts version with all the night race cars and the track or download them separated:

The Night race dashboard is a modification of the car dashboard to simulate a night enviroment and the only ilumination are the car lights. We can race at night!

You cannot view this attachment.

The Stunts version attached below contains:
- midnight.trk
- Hummer H1 night race version
- Lada Niva night race version
- Land Rover night race version

Overdrijf

I haven't tested any of them yet, but I'll drive my father's red Land Rover.

...Assuming there is a red one.

Cas

I'll pick the yellow Land Rover!

By the way, I'm having problems trying the Lada Niva. If I select it, when I try to start the race, it freezes
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alecu

I will pick the LADA NIVA if it not hangs like it happen at CAS. But I want to sign up for the LIVE RACE!

PS: I tested it with Lada Niva and hang. Can I use a Land Rover if the Lada Niva hangs.

UPDATE: IT WORKED WITH THE LADA NIVA AFTER SOME TIME!
(sorry caps)

Overdrijf

I believe there was some sort of a compression issue with the Lada dashboard, there's too much metadata attached to one of the images so it loads slowly.

It will get fixed eventually, but that might be what you experienced.

Duplode

Like @alecu , I'm racing with the Niva, a purple one. (I'm fairly sure there is a purple one  :) If I'm misremembering it, I'll pick another colour in the evening.)

alanrotoi

Thanks guys!

About Lada Niva: This version of the car has a 10 seconds delay when loading the race, please be patient. It's only those extra seconds, then it won't change the performance in the race ;) 

Hey @alecu you'll be very welcome to race with us! Please, if you have time download the Stunts version from the first message and test the track and cars. If you have any question about them or the rules please ask. I'll add Bucarest time on the schedule.

BTW I'll take the least chosen car so for now it's Hummer H1.

alecu

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 09, 2024, 03:06:24 PMThanks guys!

About Lada Niva: This version of the car has a 10 seconds delay when loading the race, please be patient. It's only those extra seconds, then it won't change the performance in the race ;) 

Hey @alecu you'll be very welcome to race with us! Please, if you have time download the Stunts version from the first message and test the track and cars. If you have any question about them or the rules please ask. I'll add Bucarest time on the schedule.

BTW I'll take the least chosen car so for now it's Hummer H1.

Yes. Tested it. Downloaded it and it works! I know about the delay. I will benchmark for time in pre-race.

Spoonboy

No problems with the Niva here. Unlikely I'll make the race, as I'll be travelling home around then, but if I can, I'll keep the British end up and take the green Land Rover!

Having driven all three cars, I like them all but prefer the Defenders handling. And the night effect works great and is a very fun challenge!
We should use it more often ;D

alanrotoi

We will meet in the chatroom as usual: https://forum.stunts.hu/chat/

There are so far:
Overdrijf - Land Rover - Red
Cas - Land Rover - Yellow
Alecu - Lada Niva - ?
Duplode - Lada Niva - Purple
Spoonboy - Land Rover - Green
Alan Rotoi - Hummer H1 - Yellow

alecu

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 10, 2024, 05:04:59 AMWe will meet in the chatroom as usual: https://forum.stunts.hu/chat/

There are so far:
Alecu - Lada Niva - ?

Update: I chose a blue Lada Niva.

dreadnaut

Oooh, this looks really interesting, but I won't make it. Have fun everyone!

alanrotoi

Six hours left! We will meet in the chatroom as usual: https://forum.stunts.hu/chat/

There are so far:
Alecu - Lada Niva - Blue
Erik Barros - Hummer H1 - Brown

Erik Barros

Great!! I'll pick up the brown Hummer!!

We will be live on the community channel  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/live/QixiNu1LgWQ

alecu

This is my replay. 8:37.70, blue Lada Niva.