News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Chocolate Stunts

Started by dreadnaut, October 05, 2026, 01:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

CommonLoon102's Chocolate Stunts looks like the most advanced Stunts port to suddenly appear on the scene!

While issues and suggestions should probably go to the project repository, let's start a thread here for your thoughts and impressions!

alanrotoi

It looks good!! And ghost opponent (a recorded lap!) I love that!

HerrNove

#2
> I'm thinking in particular of the "press Q to rewind" feature, which can greatly reduce the effort of replay handling

There is no way to detect these techniques so it's just a matter of honour, but if we allow "press Q to rewind", what is the limit?

Given that various players have said that using savestates is not allowed, I think we should discuss on where to trace the line. Because pressing accidentally "Restart driving" and losing a good segment becomes not OK if others competitors are avoiding that risk.

In my opinion, the moment we allow anything else than the original game, the competition is going to become about who is building with Claude the best computer assistance features. Ghost car with the replay to imitate? A dashed ideal line, à la Geoff Crammond? An overlay with the keys to press, like in Trackmania's streams? Some of these things would take a skilled programmer no more than 1-2 intense nights to create.

So, even if I might try these LLM-made reworks to explore new tracks and enjoy the game, or for competitions where everyone is using it, I hope we as community will say our "НЕТ" to the computer assistance arms race.

net ikd0wcmwvsi01-2673752769.jpg