News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts Disk Labels?

Started by Criftus, January 02, 2004, 02:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Criftus

Hi, I just downloaded the Disk Version of Stunts from "http://www.kalpen.de/", and I was wondering what the disks are labelled as?  I tried to install them by putting the files on disks, but the installer doesn't seem to recognize that Disk B is in the drive. I can only guess that it's because either Disk A or B isn't labelled properly.

Could you help me out?  I'm trying to collect original copies of all sorts of games, and having that information would be very useful to me.

Thank you,
Criftus
Mat.H@Cogeco.ca

zaqrack

Hmm I don't know this unfortunately, but Akoss Poo just won the original copy of the game, maybe he can tell you when he'll be back from the holidays.

JTK

Well I guess best thing is to copy all the files on your harddisc. Then start the install programm but there just select your sound system. Then starting the game it should work.

If there are still problems you can also directly contact us at khr@kalpen.de and/or jtk@kalpen.de

zaqrack

I think in this case he wants the labels because he wants to make diskettes which are just like the original ones.

JTK

Aah - now I understand, sorry. Then, of course, Criftus should contact Akoss Poo. By the way, now I'm interested in the labels of the discs, too.

al il professore

diskette labels :) anyway life expectencies for the diskettes are 5 million revolutions each "physically", and lets say only fifteen years average for the magnetic sectors, like the video and audio cassettes... an optical support is one hundred years long before it loses the information by degradation of the disc itself.

lets all trust the good old rock carving techniques: 5000 years water proof support: keeping your info readable since your first mummy ancestor!

I think i have copies of stunts somewhere on two 700ko diskettes, perhaps they are still readable, and they still are labelled like the original mindscape version. Let's search.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

JTK

In Sri Lanka I also saw some very old paintings made with all natural colours, about 200 years old, still very colourful and in great condition. Considering permanent temperatures above 30 degrees centigrade and air humidity around 75% + ... great performance. I guess diskettes die there at the age of 5 or so... :)

Krys TOFF

Well, don't care about disks : the game can enter completely on a 1.44 Mb microdisk. Disks A and B were for 720 Kb disks.

Criftus

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.

Guess I'll have to wait until Akoss Poo gets back from vacation.  Glad some of you understand why I might want the *exact* info from the original game.  The limitations of the of the diskette/other media was interesting to hear about- luckily I do keep the copies of the disks in zip files so I won't lose the data (at least anytime soon).  What I usually include, however, is a text file detailing the disk labels and any other pertinent information that might be important should I decide to copy them again to disk.

Anyhoo...  That was long winded. heh  I'll get in touch with Akoss Poo and see if he can help me out.  If anyone else gets the info, and wants to share, don't hesistate! *smile*

Thanks.
Criftus

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Who won the 2021 season of ZakStunts?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview