News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Be failed

Started by CTG, January 20, 2004, 08:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on July 06, 2009, 08:28:07 AM
labourt safety, come on, everyone passes those exams.

It's a bit more difficult in pharmaceutical industries... Exam was quite strict, some of the people failed - not me (flawless tests). ;D

Usrin

As I mentioned that time, I was at a job interview in Norway one month ago. I have received the result - and yes, I have been failed! I guess my weak point is that I still haven't finished my PhD... Although I told them that it would be done until September 2010, they know that these promises don't guarantee anything, and they prefer to employ people who don't have anything to work on out of the company.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

zaqrack

congratulations for failing!  :D
I guess this is better for your family, and that is the most important.

CTG

Hot and good news at the end of the year: my latest scientific manuscript is accepted by a journal, that means I have 4 publications at the moment - so now I can officially start the PhD procedure. "Only" the thesis, a comprehensive analytical chemistry exam and a german language exam are missing. :D

JTK

Gratuliere! Und wie steht es so mit Deinen Deutschkenntnissen? Was für ein Examen musst Du machen? Musst Du eine Hausarbeit schreiben oder nur einen Sprachtest ablegen?
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

Quote from: JTK on December 31, 2009, 11:23:29 AM
Gratuliere! Und wie steht es so mit Deinen Deutschkenntnissen? Was für ein Examen musst Du machen? Musst Du eine Hausarbeit schreiben oder nur einen Sprachtest ablegen?

Zero level at the moment. I used to learn it in primary school but since 1997 I haven't even say a sentence in German. ;D

Soviel ich weiss, diese Sprachprüfung beinhaltet mündlich + schriftlich Prüfungen und ein Hörtext.

JTK

Not bad for not having said a sentence for the past 12 13 years - you should pass easily then!  :)

CTG

Quote from: JTK on January 03, 2010, 02:15:49 PM
Not bad for not having said a sentence for the past 12 13 years - you should pass easily then!  :)

Using dictionary... ;D I think grammar won't be a problem, it's easy to re-learn (also the vocabulary, that's all about memory). The real difficulty will be talking in German.

zaqrack

talking is always the easiest part in every language - at least for me :D

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on January 03, 2010, 02:43:39 PM
talking is always the easiest part in every language - at least for me :D

Good for you... :D

JTK

Du kannst also ein bisschen mit Zak sprechen üben! Wie gut!

CTG

Quote from: JTK on January 03, 2010, 05:00:10 PM
Du kannst also ein bisschen mit Zak sprechen üben! Wie gut!

Lottery jackpot is more likely. ;D

Argammon

"Soviel ich weiss, diese Sprachprüfung beinhaltet mündlich + schriftlich Prüfungen und ein Hörtext."

Sounds like babelfish rather than PHD level.  ;D

Argammon

On a more serious note. Care to post some links to your papers CTG? I am interested to see what you (and probably 3-5 coauthors) did.

zaqrack

Quote from: Argammon on February 03, 2010, 12:12:15 AM
Sounds like babelfish rather than PHD level.  ;D

Do not forget that it is a hell lot harder to learn English/German/etc., if you are not part of the Indo-European language family.