News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

stunts.mine.nu

Started by zaqrack, April 06, 2004, 01:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

not so much work at all, if it's not about mirroring, rather moving. I can redirect stunts.mine.nu anytime - I can use an other address for my home server.
stunts portal, zakstunts, forum would move, everything else stays at home.

the two bad things are:
-banner (it can be removed for 25EUR/year, what I dont really want to pay)
-bit harder to update because server its not local - I update monthly, so who cares.
-no bigger files than 1MB allowed. since the games are stored anyway on an other server it doesnt matter. I can reduce stunts and the track pack a bit, those are the only files accepted.

awaitng more speed reports...

BonzaiJoe

That site is quite fast for me. And that's all I have to say. Because if I started to say anything else, it would just sound stupid  :idea:  :P  :arrow:
But we can't be quite sure.

DieselJoe

With my 56K connection every site is slow! :lol:
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

i have 128 kbit/s at home, much much faster in the university
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

JTK

http://zaqrack.fw.hu for me is not loading faster than http://stunts.mine.nu/zakstunts and I hate  :x  :evil:  :!: the banners and pop ups that much, that I'll also go to your original site even if it took twice as long to load. Isn't it "simply" possible to keep your site the way it is, also with you updating at home and then mirroring it to the zaqrack.fw.hu address for those, who can and want to read from this site?

Aah, I can see one problem: replay submitting and posting news, can this be done on a mirror site...?  :?

zaqrack

i can sync the mysql database from crontab, but I have never actually tried this thing, it might be very complicated.

new thing:

I just consulted a bit with my web-provider and I'll get 15MB of free webspace on their server, which MUST be fast.
Of course no mySQL server. Still no problem, if they allow PHP, I can use my home server as an SQL server accessible from outside.
If they dont allow php this wont work at all
we'll see.

Mingva

I'd suggest only to move portal page to free and no-banners site. Plus maybe with additional button to show on-line status (e.g., sorry, site is curently not working :D ).

What abt .hu site - speed is ok but I rather will wait 10 secs more than view/close ads  :evil:

JTK

Zak, how much web space do you need all in all?

zaqrack

web space:

zakstunts: 30MB
forum engine: 15MB
portal: 1MB

this wont get too much bigger (tracks, pics dont take up much space :)), so I'd say 50MB is enough.

the SQL database is now:

zakstunts: 2MB
forum: 10MB

this is growing rapidly, so I need at least 20MB

JTK

Oh, that is very much... I consider asking my provider (who actually is a friend of mine) if he could give me some more space. You could have a part of that then, maybe it is faster (I think I could even get a 2nd level domain like stunts.kalpen.de). Shall I ask him?

zaqrack

JTK

O.K., I'll try to meet him (will take some days!).  8)

Krys TOFF

For me, speed of new adress is as fast (or as slow) of current one (your downloads are finished ?).
Opening is slower than mine.nu because of popup (same problem as Mingva).
So, overall, it seems slower than current site, with useless ads. :evil:
I have nothing special against current site, it can stay the same as long as Zak download not too much files at the same time. :wink:  :lol:

alanrotoi

Zak is there any error in the index of the portal? Maybe some html of zakstunts is there  :roll:

Mingva

hmm. Oh yes, there's an error in Stunts portal  :?