News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Analysis about beginners

Started by alanrotoi, December 15, 2002, 07:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

As you know Manowar joined the competition. (He is my brother)
he also joined MeganiuM so I helped him telling all the shortcuts/tricks I know in zct20.
He started to race the same day I started, but he stopped to play few months after. So this is his first time after 8 years. He's a begginer.
I saw him racing and I have some conclusions:

- He used automatic transmission, very recommended if you are a beginner.
- He used his two hands to manage the car and he used the arrow keys, not the keypad numbers.
- I saw that beginners have a kind of "fear" of the corners and they slow down a lot. He did it, but at the time to do tricks (advanced ones!) was too much easy to him.
- The more difficult part in the track for him was the big banked corner/ice straight later sorrounded by water. But not a trick or a shortcut.
- He isn't a regular pipsqueak, so for example if he did a corner at 90mph when he can do it faster he didn't went back to change it. (he used replay handling). I mean when I joined the competition (and I guess everybody) I didn't care if a corner or a jump can be done 0.05 secs better. It just was well done.

It will make you think how you improved since you are here :)

BonzaiJoe

I remember my first race - I was very ambitious, so I spent an incredible amount of time driving this track (CTRACK27). I didn't know about replay handling, so I only made it to 6th place, with 55.70. Before me were Ben Snel, Zak McKracken, Mark Nailwood, Fdzierva (won) and of course CAP :). The whole gang. (on this note I have to mention that Ben Snel took an honourable 2nd place in front of Mark Nailwood and CAP!
When I drove that track, I was very careful with corners and Stunts, but what I didn't give a damn about was making small jumps, and the hard parts. If a certain part of a track was difficult, or demanded a trick, I was satisfied just to have done it. That lost a lot of time for me. Auto transmission didn't make it better. And you know what?
I think I'm just gonna go back now and see if I can do better than 52.80 on that track :D
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Alan, I'm not a beginner, but I do more or less the same like Manowar...  :?

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Alan, you have a great metal family and a great metal team. Long live you! :D
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

alanrotoi

Thank you! So you'll like to know that Eddie Brother is called "Eddie" because Eddie is the name of the guy who appear in all the covers of Iron Maiden's Discs. His real name is Nicol?s. :)

Krys TOFF

Oh yeah, Eddie the Dead they call him.
As dead as Eddie Brother on Stunts competition it seems... :?

Manowar is a not so bad name. Kings of Metal they called themselves.

I still remember one of their songs : it was called "Women be my slave". Very funny and enjoyable song. :twisted:
I'm sure i still have this record somewhere...

alanrotoi

I don't like too much Manowar. Actually I don't have any song of them but they have 4 or 5 good songs. I don't remember all the titles: "Blood of my enemies", "Kings of Metal", etc.
They always talk about fights, the metal law, the honour, Thor the god of thunder... they speak like Klingons!
So we just have the Borg (Orion team) and the Klingons (Manowar)... There is a civilization of ghosts (Crazy Driver, Shorcutfinder, Seiya :P).
But I'm not sure about Mingva, he acts like a Borg assimilating people, but he seems like a Vulcan in the chat (e.g. Mr. Spock or Tuvok if you saw Voyager).
Did you read the League of Justice comics? It's just a doubt. :)

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"Oh yeah, Eddie the Dead they call him.
As dead as Eddie Brother on Stunts competition it seems... :?

Manowar is a not so bad name. Kings of Metal they called themselves.

I still remember one of their songs : it was called "Women be my slave". Very funny and enjoyable song. :twisted:
I'm sure i still have this record somewhere...

I don't know Manowar but I've just got one of their albums in mp3. I'll listen to it tomorrow. But I like the title of the mentioned song very very much.

1000.08 km

al il professore

habes habeberis. if u win u got friends. thats life.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Manowar is good!!!! I've got that song and it really rocks!!!!!! But I still prefer Hammerfall!

1000.08 km

alanrotoi

Since we talkead about Hammerfall I started to download songs from them. The bests are: Renegade and Run with the Devil!
But Manowar showed me a lot of more songs.

Quote from: "alanrotoi"Since we talkead about Hammerfall I started to download songs from them. The bests are: Renegade and Run with the Devil!
But Manowar showed me a lot of more songs.

Alan, try the following songs: Heeding The Call, At the end of the rainbow, Stronger than all, Raise the hammer (instrumental), Destined for glory, Hammerfall, The dragon lies bleeding AND don't forget Dreamland, which is the best song I ever heard. Or you should buy the Legacy of kings (1998) album, it's worthy. I got this excellent album 20th December and it became my favourite with lots of new favourite songs.
If you like ballads, download Remember yesterday (the best ballad I know, from the Legacy of kings album) or The fallen one.
I agree, Renegade is a great song.
26th January in Budapest: Hammerfall concert!!!!!!!!! (4 000 HUF)

1000.08 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on December 16, 2002, 08:29:00 PM

Everybody was friendly at the beginning... :D

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on October 21, 2013, 12:24:28 PM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on December 16, 2002, 08:29:00 PM

Everybody was friendly at the beginning... :D
I have a feeling I already mentioned the word "Hypocrisy" somewhere else...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

I would rather say: at the time, nobody had a reason for flamewars. Maybe only Neil McRae or Pershing.