News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

RPG mod

Started by Krys TOFF, December 10, 2004, 12:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

After talking about it in the "forum improvements" topic, I think RPG deserves its own topic. So here it is. 8)

About money, there is a problem remaining : we earn some when posting, okay, but as it is deconnected with money of RPG character, it means we don't have any money in the RPG. :shock:

Therefore, we can't buy any item nor heal our wounds in Temple and so on. I decreased my life points from 40 points to 20 when I beat one bot and made Mingva flee, but I can't gain my health points back in the Temple. So I can't fight with any chance to win another fight !!!

If bug when beating a bot opponent is solved, it should give some money to our RPG character. But if it's like on other forums I know using this RPG mod, money earned isn't very strong. Experience is earned and allow your character to gain levels and improve capacities, but money earned is not very big.

And, as there's still no weapons, shields, helmets, gloves, armors and so on in the shops, soon we won't be able to beat bots because bots are harder and harder to beat each time you gain a level. And you gain a level around each 3 or 4 victories against bots (depending of the bot beaten and its power).

I hope all will be fully fonctionnal soon as for now all we can do is kill our character and create a new one after one or two fights, won or lost !

:(  :?  :smt100  :smt102  ](*,)

Krys TOFF

Okay, forget some of the things that I said : it seems new posts now are giving points in RPG mod. :D

I saw in "Vault" part that my character now has 76 points (I earned twice 35 St$ or so for 2 posts today, then it told me that quota was exceeded). I think it's the "cash" recognized by the RPG mod.

But we will need many days and posts to really have enough money for buying items... (76 cash earned in one day => 8 days to buy a fireball spell !!!)

Isn't there possibility to modify the quota about number of posts per day ?

Krys TOFF

Who has tested the RPG mod so far ?
I know Argy and Mingva did, but what about the others ?
Any feedback ?
Any idea of improvement (except put weapons in shop) ?
Tell it here please. :wink:

Gutix

Im testing now  :lol:

Krys TOFF

Good Gutix, good. Test and give us feedback.

Zak : there's another problem in the RPG mod.
When you selcet "Miscellaneous" menu in RPG mod, preferences are working fine.
But "Characters" sub-menu (to see toher people's characters with their bio, money, defeats and victories) and RPG-FAQ sub-menu too are leading to error 404 pages.
Maybe RPD mod is not fully installed... :roll:

DieselJoe

Errr.... I created a character. And now!? :-s
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

Mingva

I expected much better RPG mode  :? The current is badly made, a bit unrealistic features and etc.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "DieselJoe"Errr.... I created a character. And now!? :-s
Earn money to improve your character (by making posts or winning fights), fight bots opponents or other member's character.
When it will be fully installed, we should have many more items to buy and fights between us will be epic (or so I hope).

Quote from: "Mingva"I expected much better RPG mode  The current is badly made, a bit unrealistic features and etc.
This is just a forum, do not expect Dungeon Master. :roll:
There is no story, this is just like a place where adventurers come, talk (forum) and make some fights between them (RPG mod).

DieselJoe

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"...fight bots opponents or other member's character...
...items to buy...
How? Where? :smt104
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

Mingva

Fight mode is done poorly. Actually, I expected much more from it.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Mingva"Fight mode is done poorly. Actually, I expected much more from it.
Of course, how do you want to fight properly without weapons. :lol:
We'll have to wait for Zak to add some more items before using it fully. :wink:
Zak, it's up to you now. :arrow:  :wink:

Quote from: "DieselJoe"
Quote from: "Krys TOFF"
...fight bots opponents or other member's character...
...items to buy...

How? Where?

Go to the "ADR RPG mod" menu (top right of forum) and then you'll see your character sheet (or you'll be asked to create a character if you have none).

Then you'll see a sub-menu with :
    - shops (to buy items),
    - town's place (with sub-sub-menus with temple (to heal), battlefield (to fight bots), ...)
    - forge (to go mining and so on...),

Browse the menus and see what the RPG mod can offer.
:wink:

Mingva

Krys:: Last year I had created an account in combats.ru - there you could strike into head or breast or legs and meantime defend one of those positions. Depending on your selected attack/defend options there were different damage. And in current mode for now fighter can strike only with hands :(

E.g., in battle vs Argammon, my character does 1 point damage but each turn Argy's character regenerates and it's impossible to win the battle. And the battle will last also very long because of 1 point damage each turn to my heroe.

alanrotoi

why don't you play Ultima Online?

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Mingva"Krys:: Last year I had created an account in combats.ru - there you could strike into head or breast or legs and meantime defend one of those positions. Depending on your selected attack/defend options there were different damage. And in current mode for now fighter can strike only with hands :(

E.g., in battle vs Argammon, my character does 1 point damage but each turn Argy's character regenerates and it's impossible to win the battle. And the battle will last also very long because of 1 point damage each turn to my heroe.

Argy regenerates because he has a magic item for it. :wink:
With weapons (when Zak will add them :roll: ) or with spells (already available, don't forget to buy a magic book to use them) you can hurt more than 1 point per battle round.

Problem is money when you begin : spells are not cheap when you start the game. But, after a while, when you'll have enough money (post in forum for it, or win battle versus bots opponent), it won't be a problem anymore. :wink:
On the french forum I play this RPG mod, I have almost 30 millions of cash. I can buy thousands of magic speels. :D