News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Indy Racing Cup in 2005?

Started by Mingva, January 30, 2005, 11:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you need it or not?

YES, with all my wheels !!!
4 (50%)
NO, just leave it dead
2 (25%)
More info, please...
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: January 30, 2005, 11:59:02 AM

Mingva

HEY, who abandoned this wonderful competition  :?:  :shock:

I just read one of my old posts and had an idea. Why we... ah, ok, why I cann't :) to organize a contest for pipsqueaks of Broderbund team? Of course, human players wouldn't be forgotten  :wink: Rules also would stay almost the same - one wheel on/over the road.

alanrotoi

Yes! Wheeee!! ^_^ This is the kind of competition I love. I support the idea but I don't know if I could race because this year I have less free time than the previous and can't race very seriously in more than 1 competition/month.

Mingva

OK, Alan Rotoi voted yes, and I chose "more info" option. Preliminary rules of possible competition:
1. Only two wheels can leave the road. In other words, two wheels fully must be on/over the road.
2. Racing with Stunts opponents. The same like in IMSA cup, only here you could freely choose with whom to race.
3. Using bugs is not allowed, not sure about other tricks yet.
4. Not hard tracks, racing for fun with your opponents :)

Planning start of the competition (if there's an interest) - after the finish of 4th IMSA cup.

P.S. I still thinking about on-line and no-RH contest, but with such low activity on chatroom it's impossible to organize a good one.

Krys TOFF

I would like to see IRC back. :D
Meanwhile, I race hard at WSC (same rules that IRC, managed by Paleke, nice competition). :wink:

CTG

i prefered ISA with Pershing... :D

alanrotoi

I liked more ISA competition but IRC 2003 rules are better.

I don't like to race against opponents when I use RH :P it takes much more time :P

CTG

I prefered ISA because of the championship manager... :P

Mingva

Race with opponents could prevent from using too much RH  :wink: There are no live races, so IRC could turn to dual contest: qualification with RH and live no-RH race on chat  :roll: But it's only a dream yet.

Krys: who's racing in Paleke's competition? Somehow I cann't connect to site with IE, and Opera crashes when opening it  :o I guess, the site has many bugs as Stunts :)

Mingva

Quote from: "CTG"I prefered ISA because of the championship manager...
ah ah ah, now I know who voted "no".

CTG

You don't have to tip on it - I voted NO.

Reasons:

a, your stupid behaviour
b, "banning or not banning Akoss from IRC" affair
c, personal problems with the championship manager

But if it starts I'll race there...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Mingva"who's racing in Paleke's competition? Somehow I cann't connect to site with IE, and Opera crashes when opening it  :o I guess, the site has many bugs as Stunts :)
I can reach it with IE, just the ad is making me mad sometimes.
pipsqueaks are : Ayrton (current leader, he won first 3 tracks), Gutix, Dark Chaser, Diesel Joe, AbuRaf and me (I won the 4th race). Others are not racing ZakStunts, only 4DSL so I suppose you don't know them.
Current race (deadline is today) is the 5th and last for this competition.
Next championship (with small rule changes) will start in March for 10 races.

Quote from: "alanrotoi"I don't like to race against opponents when I use RH  it takes much more time
It seems you don't like IMSA Cup then... :lol:

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"
Quote from: "Mingva"who's racing in Paleke's competition? Somehow I cann't connect to site with IE, and Opera crashes when opening it  :o I guess, the site has many bugs as Stunts :)
I can reach it with IE, just the ad is making me mad sometimes.
pipsqueaks are : Ayrton (current leader, he won first 3 tracks), Gutix, Dark Chaser, Diesel Joe, AbuRaf and me (I won the 4th race). Others are not racing ZakStunts, only 4DSL so I suppose you don't know them.
Current race (deadline is today) is the 5th and last for this competition.
Next championship (with small rule changes) will start in March for 10 races.
Correction : deadline was yesterday (30th), and I won 5th race (so I'm second overall, with same points as Gutix but 2 victories while Gutix has no victory :P ). :D

alanrotoi

I like IMSA Cup but I don't like the rule, "race against the machine" :) and definitely the rule "two wheels on over the road" ... well it has not much sence for me :?

CTG

So the idea is dead... what a shame!

al il professore

i hate that feeling, CTG... i started to read the first thread and had hopes!!! but it vanished suddenly...
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.