News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

STUNTS CD - organization topic

Started by zaqrack, July 04, 2005, 05:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

I just found a pack of tracks made by TSST members but these are not  competition tracks. They are from 1999.

Ok, TSST website is still online and the 6 contest tracks with the 6 winner's replay (Ivanoeg's replays) are still available. I got them. :D

zaqrack

only competition tracks will be included. and if we miss some replays from the old days it's not such a problem.

Krys TOFF

Zak, what do you prefer :
- tracks zipped separately from replays ?
- one zip file per track with its winning replay ?
- no zip, all "as is" in one directory per track ?
- no zip, all "as is" in one directory per competition ?

zaqrack

well whatever is the most comfortable for you, if the filenames are clearly understandable, then the whole package in one zip is also fine.
The best would be probably one zip file per competition with tracks+replays together in the zip.

Krys TOFF

Ok.

One zip file per comp, and winning replays renamed to be the same names as track for better understanding.

I'll also keep in zip the text files or pictures that were aded to some tracks (for example, very first FSC tracks had multiple ways but each way was designed for a special car, all explained on one gif file. I have the gif files :D ).

I talked with Alain on chat yesterday evening and it seems he lost many replays sadly... :?
I also talked with Jim (HOTU comp) by mail and he thinks he still have the tracks and replays. He should come back to me soon.

Anyway, I think we should complete the excel file with all tracks of all comps to serve as a database. I'll add IMSA, WRC, and so on...
Can you just add Kalpen and ZakStunts infos on it Zak and then send it to me.
I'll merge the infos in one file and will keep it alive with currently running competitions (WSC, USC, Stunts Brasil and ZakStunts). :wink:

Here is the new update of the file. All lines with both tracks and winning replay available (or no replay due to no competitors like some Stunts LOL tracks) are in light yellow.

zaqrack

ok thanks!

I will possibly rename the filenames as I already have some kind of pattern for them, but not necessarily will I do that. So don't spend too much time on it, it's enough if its cleartly understandable for me :)

I have completed list.xls
gif files are a good idea, though I wont include txt files supplied with the tracks -> informations will be combined into one big txt file for each competition for easier handling.
Of course the list.xls (the final) will be also included, as well as a txt version of it too.
I want to make the CD fully usable from DOS too.

zaqrack

I recieved the ISA and IRC archives from Mingva so I've also updated the list

JTK

Sorry for answering late, Argy, a collection of tracks can be found at our site (http://www.kalpen.de) at the download section :)

CU, JTK

Krys TOFF

Cool. :D

I completed the file with WRC, IMSA, and some other stuff I found back.

About IMSA, on some tracks I have replays faster than those made during competition, those replays were made for the "Racing for Pleasure" option.

What do we do Zak :
- keep best replay even if it has been made only for the "Racing for Pleasure" option ?
- keep only the best one made during the Cup ?
I remind that even if Cups are over, a permanent competition called Racing for Pleasure" is still available on all IMSA Cups tracks. :wink:

Alan Rotoi, please, do you have the winning replays of the 2 seasons of 4DSL ?
I mean the real worldwide winner.
If I remember it well, Akoss has been faster than any ibero-american on some track(s). I can't verify it as your site is not online anymore... :cry:
So, we would like to have the best replay of all these tracks, wherever he comes from.
Thanks in advance.

Attached is the very latest version of the list file Zak.

zaqrack

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"Cool. :D

About IMSA, on some tracks I have replays faster than those made during competition, those replays were made for the "Racing for Pleasure" option.

What do we do Zak :
- keep best replay even if it has been made only for the "Racing for Pleasure" option ?
- keep only the best one made during the Cup ?
I remind that even if Cups are over, a permanent competition called Racing for Pleasure" is still available on all IMSA Cups tracks. :wink:

We should always keep the best one done in the cup. This is a competition archive, not a track archive with best times.

QuoteAttached is the very latest version of the list file Zak.

thanks!
when can you send the tracks&replays? I'm dying for some file-organization :D

Shoegazing Leo

ST LOL haves 4 tracks without pipsqueaks...

David and Criciuma are in website, but I can find in my archives the replays' files are crirep.zip and davrep.zip (three first letters+rep.zip)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "zaqrack"We should always keep the best one done in the cup. This is a competition archive, not a track archive with best times.
Ok, but as competition is now permanent, I was not sure what you expected. Therefore, there will be some changes on best times, especially for 9th-16th places ranking league tracks.

Quote from: "zaqrack"when can you send the tracks&replays? I'm dying for some file-organization :D
Today, yesterday evening one of my wife's aunt came to home and so I had no time to do it.
So, I just put all my directory on a CD-RW and took it with me in order to do it at my job right in the following hours. :-D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"
Quote from: "zaqrack"when can you send the tracks&replays? I'm dying for some file-organization :D
Today
And here we go !

IMSA Cup : all tracks (28) + winning replays
WRC Stunts : all tracks (16) + winning replays
TSST : all tracks (6) + winning replays

Krys TOFF

Let's continue !

Widde's Rough ride : all tracks (11), no replay
Charles' comp : 3 tracks (number 6, 9 and 10), no replay
BARST Contest : 2 tracks, winning replay of 1st one (BARST42), BARST's demo replay of 2nd one (BARST 50).

Krys TOFF

It's me again :D
No feedback so far from Jim, here is what I have so far of HOTU competitions.

HOTU 2002 : all tracks (1), no replay
HOTU 2003 : 5 of 6 tracks (missing 1st one) + winning replays of these 5 tracks
HOTU 2004 : all tracks (6) + winning replay of track 6 only. I think I have the other replays somewhere but didn't found them so far...