News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Paleke's world stunts championship

Started by alanrotoi, August 16, 2005, 05:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Protected zip means nothing, you can see the size of RPL files. (from this aspect Mark is leading)

CTG

Krys TOFF

OK for me if you want me to validate replays.

But beware of the deadline Duplode : WSC deadlines were always midnight (Argentinian time zone) the day before the last of the month. That is for June the time told by Mark. So, race tonight because on saturday it will be too late. ;D

Regarding new ISA/IRC/WSC-rules competition : we definitively need one. Best would be to see Paleke back, else OK for me if you want to continue the competition. But let's do it as continuous competition, that is keep current scoreboard of WSC and continue the competition, not start a brand new one.

CTG

I don't want to continue WSC but revive IRC. :)

CTG

Or... okay let's call it IRC but with former WSC results. :)

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on June 29, 2007, 09:42:41 AM

But beware of the deadline Duplode : WSC deadlines were always midnight (Argentinian time zone) the day before the last of the month. That is for June the time told by Mark. So, race tonight because on saturday it will be too late. ;D

Fine, Buenos Aires and S?o Paulo are on the same timezone... ;)

About the future of the competition, I'm all for it staying alive, but there are two observations:
1. If CTG wishes to methamorph WSC into IRC, would it be fair to Paleke? That is a particularly relevant if we someday intend to use WSC archives (unused guest tracks, etc.). Now I understand a contest conversion is probably not what CTG is thinking (rather, to have an ISA/IRC contest running till WSC is restarted without dropping '07 WSC results), but I still feel the need to raise the topic.
2. Anyway, if CTG wishes to methamorph WSC into IRC, then he should use a hybrid name, at least for this season. WS-IRC, or then WIRSC (World Indy Racing & Stunts Cup) feel nice to me  :P

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on June 29, 2007, 09:21:46 AM
Protected zip means nothing, you can see the size of RPL files. (from this aspect Mark is leading)

Not necessarily, compression rates might vary... Anyway, ideally we should think of a systematic procedure for inserting random files into the zip to mess up its size.

Krys TOFF

Duplode, CTG wants to use IRC name in a reference to Indy Racing Cup, a competition that took place after ISA (International Stunts Association) from mid-2002 to the end of 2003.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Duplode on June 29, 2007, 03:13:12 PM

Not necessarily, compression rates might vary... Anyway, ideally we should think of a systematic procedure for inserting random files into the zip to mess up its size.
Clic on the zip, select "open", then you'll see the original .rpl file and its original size. This is the parameter compared by CTG, not the size of the zip file.
Therefore, the best is to post a zip file with a text file in it, with our time written in the text file. No clue regarding the time made this way. I'll do that for my new improvement. ;D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: DuplodeAbout the future of the competition, I'm all for it staying alive
I think we all are, community needs a no-shorcut competition. It was really missing after the end of IRC and I was happy to see WSC coming to replace.
Anyway, best would be that Paleke problems get solved and that he brings back WSC I think.

Paleke

First of all, I'm really sorry, guys. I didn't want it to be like this. I don't want WSC to die, I won't let it that easy. I don't know what will happen now, but I hope it will be just for a few week until everything gets normal, or I adapt to the new family situation. What happened? I really don't want to talk about it yet, it's too soon and above all, it's so god damn skiding stupid that I am ashamed of it.

About the mails, I didn't have the chance to check them yet, I'm having a lot to study (and it's hard to do, because of this shit), I have an exam today, another tomorrow, then monday and then next saturday. I'll try to check and reply them tomorrow night. But not everything are bad news, on wednesday I had a job interview, and yesterday they called me to tell me that I start on monday, so I think karma is kind of balanced in that aspect.

Anyway, I think I can manage to finish the current track (I mean, check the replays, and publish scoreboard and championship board) before the WSC enters in a standby situation. We can think a new deadline, I'll tell AbuRaf and hek, because they don't come to this forum, and then... well, let's call it a "short vacation break" for now. My idea is to have at least one more race for this season, so the page probably will be back as soon as I get to organize my life again.

So, what do you say about tuesday for a new deadline? I can check the replays and publish the results on wednesday.

PS: If you are ok with this, we will be in quiet days until the deadline.
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Palekeon wednesday I had a job interview, and yesterday they called me to tell me that I start on monday, so I think karma is kind of balanced in that aspect.
Good, I'm happy for you. And good luck for your exams.

Quote from: PalekeAnyway, I think I can manage to finish the current track (I mean, check the replays, and publish scoreboard and championship board) before the WSC enters in a standby situation. We can think a new deadline, I'll tell AbuRaf and hek, because they don't come to this forum, and then... well, let's call it a "short vacation break" for now. My idea is to have at least one more race for this season, so the page probably will be back as soon as I get to organize my life again.
OK, no problem : "a break" doesn't mean "death of the competition". So I'm happy with that. Let's hope the break will be shorter than Kalpen break was... ::) ;)

Quote from: PalekeSo, what do you say about tuesday for a new deadline? I can check the replays and publish the results on wednesday.
PS: If you are ok with this, we will be in quiet days until the deadline.
Perfect for me. :)

Duplode

Really glad to hear from you Paleke, and congratulations for your job...

Quote from: Krys TOFF on June 29, 2007, 03:17:47 PM
Duplode, CTG wants to use IRC name in a reference to Indy Racing Cup, a competition that took place after ISA (International Stunts Association) from mid-2002 to the end of 2003.

Yep, I'm aware of it - I just thought WSC name should be held alive in case of a "merger"...

Finally, on WSC: Whatever Paleke says, I'm fine with it  :).

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on June 29, 2007, 03:13:12 PM

Not the zip size but the packed RPL size can be seen in Total Commander. ;)

CTG

New deadline is a bit worse for me but no problem, it's still fair enough. :)