News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

"Selfish", "Gypsy" ?   :D

I love the very reasonable Hungarian press  :D

Seriously, if a paper wrote something like that in Denmark, there would be a major uproar and they would be publicly disgraced and lose buyers.

About "the last goal" in France - Germany: I didn't watch the match, but couldn't the case have been this:

1. A german player makes a foul
2. Referee blows the whistle and the game is stopped
3. Guigou scores

In this case, he scored when the game was not being played (in theory, the german players could have stopped defending - this probably didn't happen because it all went very fast, but that is a quantitative problem). So the goal didn't happen, and the game was resumed giving France the ball.
But I really wouldn't know...
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

It wasn't the press! There's a web page of the newspaper, and there everybody can write comments on the articles, or in the forum. Some Hungarian people, not the Hungarian press wrote "selfish" and "gypsy", the journalists wrote only that Germany needed some help from the referees during the end of the match (which referred mostly to that disallowed goal).

Even in Hungary there would be a big scandal if the press had wrote something like the handball fans wrote in the forum.
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoeAbout "the last goal" in France - Germany: I didn't watch the match, but couldn't the case have been this:

1. A german player makes a foul
2. Referee blows the whistle and the game is stopped
3. Guigou scores

In this case, he scored when the game was not being played (in theory, the german players could have stopped defending - this probably didn't happen because it all went very fast, but that is a quantitative problem). So the goal didn't happen, and the game was resumed giving France the ball.
No, it didn't happened like that. Referees let Guigou play and only after the goal was scored they decide to annulate it. I still don't know why.
Whatever, same kind of referee problem happened to France versus Germany in 2003. WC semi-final as yesterday : France led by 3 goals when Jackson Richardson got 2 minutes penalty for unknown and purely imaginative reason, 2 minutes and a half before deadline. This was enough for Germany to come back in the match and finally win by one point with one more player compared to France.

BonzaiJoe

Very strange indeed...

BonzaiJoe

By the way, in Denmark - Poland it also happened that Lars Christiansen was suspended 2 minutes for a foul committed by Joachim Boldsen. But Denmark just played along with this, because Boldsen (which interestingly means "son of a ball") is a more important player

CTG

23-21 for Germany... my expected order of TOP4 seems to be correct. :)

CTG

CTG

Still 24-22 at 52:53...  :o

BonzaiJoe

Now I understand why Kalpen.de hasn't been updated yet :)

CTG

28-23 at 56:17, I think Germany is the world champion for sure.

CTG

Poland gave it up at the end...

CTG

Quote from: CTG on February 01, 2007, 09:10:16 PM
My best hope:

1 Germany
2 Poland
3 Denmark
4 France

Done! ;D

BonzaiJoe

Congratulations to Germany for winning the world championship!

((now let's have the Kalpen results ;)(small chance, as JTK will be drinking huge amounts of Dittmarscher Urtyp with his friends :)))

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Team Germany didn't deserve this victory. They were the better team in the final, but in the semi final and the quarter final... I only read comments like "cheater Germans" and "sports is business and not a game", "the team won which had to win the WC", "abroad Germany would have finished even out of top4"... and nowhere "the best team won the WC"...

Croatia or France should have won the WC.
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

BonzaiJoe

France, on the other hand, had a very dubious performance, and actually only played two good matches, as far as I can see (vs Croatia and vs Germany). They finished 4th in the group and sucked in the bronze match. I don't think they deserve the medals. I can agree about Croatia though, as they only flunked against France, and were supreme in the rest of the tournament.