News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

First Stunts contact - your story!

Started by Mislav, November 13, 2005, 01:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Hello and welcome Jürgen! Your story makes me think of my own first contact - a 486 as the first home PC, a bunch of floppies to try out... good times  :)

Quote from: Jürgen on August 25, 2013, 03:35:19 PM
I still think it's an amazing game, but looking at some of the replays, I don't think I could stand against the professional racers... sorry, pipsqueaks here :)

Who knows?  :) Many of us said similar things on joining the community. Also, as you might already know, at CTG's USC replays are posted publicly here in the forum, so you have the opportunity to watch what the other races are doing during the race.

(P.S.: Nice way of getting around the pipsqueaks filter!  I never thought of doing that :D)

Jürgen

Quote from: Duplode on August 25, 2013, 06:21:33 PM
Hello and welcome Jürgen! Your story makes me think of my own first contact - a 486 as the first home PC, a bunch of floppies to try out... good times  :)

Who knows?  :) Many of us said similar things on joining the community. Also, as you might already know, at CTG's USC replays are posted publicly here in the forum, so you have the opportunity to watch what the other races are doing during the race.

(P.S.: Nice way of getting around the pipsqueaks filter!  I never thought of doing that :D)
Thank you Duplode! I agree, it was a much more calm and civilized time in the computer world! One processor core and a few megabytes of RAM could make us happy every day... now the world goes so fast, I'm afraid to buy a new computer because it could go obsolete in a few months! Desktop computers are a dying race anyway... in the world of laptops and tablets, everything is getting faster and smaller, at age 22 I just feel too old for this sometimes. :D

About racing... well, as I see, it's kind of time consuming to actually get professional in Stunts racing, and I was never good with time or schedules (just ask my boss, hahah :D). Sometimes I already feel I'm a member of too many communities or groups of people that probably don't get as much attention from me as I would like to give them; I don't think I could start doing it. But it's not scripture, we'll see, maybe one day I'll send a replay in! :D And yes, I'm checking out the ones uploaded sometimes, mostly I go for the "historical" ones though that might have won a championship a few years ago :)

(Yeah, did this on many phpbb and invision based forums to annoy the moderators, it's a delight to see it works here as well. :D)

Duplode

Quote from: Jürgen on August 25, 2013, 06:36:50 PM
Desktop computers are a dying race anyway... in the world of laptops and tablets, everything is getting faster and smaller, at age 22 I just feel too old for this sometimes. :D

It's always tranquillising to be reminded that I (at 25) am not the only one who feels this way  :D 

Jürgen

Quote from: Duplode on August 25, 2013, 07:03:03 PM
Desktop computers are a dying race anyway... in the world of laptops and tablets, everything is getting faster and smaller, at age 22 I just feel too old for this sometimes. :D

It's always tranquillising to be reminded that I (at 25) am not the only one who feels this way  :D
Not at all! :D And actually, now that I mentioned tablets, I just had an idea about something... maybe I'll open a topic about it, if it's possible. How strict are the rules for opening new topics around here?

Duplode

Quote from: Jürgen on August 25, 2013, 07:14:23 PM
Quote from: Duplode on August 25, 2013, 07:03:03 PM

Not at all! :D And actually, now that I mentioned tablets, I just had an idea about something... maybe I'll open a topic about it, if it's possible. How strict are the rules for opening new topics around here?

Very liberal (we have CTG here, after all ;D); feel free to do it  ;)

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on August 25, 2013, 07:28:04 PM
Very liberal (we have CTG here, after all ;D)

* CTG and liberal in the same sentence? That sounds really weird. ::)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT242 track, from ZakStunts season 2021?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview