News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

reservememory error

Started by ikkejw, February 21, 2006, 01:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ikkejw

Hello guys,
I'm trying to run Stunts on my 25MHz 386 with 4MB RAM (running FreeDOS)
However, I get the following error when trying to run the game:
reservememory - OUT OF MEMORY RESERVING UNFLIP P=32 HW=1220

Note that the HW=*** number changes all the time. I suppose it's a hardware memory address.
Also, when I run setup and change the sound/video settings it sometimes says SDMAIN.PVS or FONTDEF.FNT instead of UNFLIP.

I already Googled it but the only thing I found was this:
http://miataru.computing.net/dos/wwwboard/forum/7710.html

Are there other people who experienced this error and know how to deal with it? I'd really like to play this game again on a 386 :)

zaqrack

stunts neads a heap of conventional memory, so disable disk chache and such things - i dont know how it works at freedos, with msdos, siabling the cd drive (mscdex), smartdrive and emm486 usually works.

Anonymous

Quote from: "zaqrack"stunts neads a heap of conventional memory, so disable disk chache and such things - i dont know how it works at freedos, with msdos, siabling the cd drive (mscdex), smartdrive and emm486 usually works.
FreeDOS is basically the same as MS-DOS except it isn't from MS :)

MEM says I have 598K conventional, 96K upper, and 2936K extended memory free. That should be enough I hope?
I remember it used to work on my HP Vectra 486 which always had like <550K conventional mem free.

ikkejw

btw, FreeDOS has a start-up menu by default that allows you to choose between: himem+emm386, himem, or no drivers.
Both the Himem+EMM386 and himem options give the error, the 'no drivers' plays the menu tune and then exits with the same error message. :(

You Know Who

Ikkejw= Ikke Jacob from MSN aka Sleepy Salami?  :)

ikkejw

Quote from: "You Know Who"Ikkejw= Ikke Jacob from MSN aka Sleepy Salami?  :)
nope, just ikkejw.

CTG

CTG

ikkejw

CTG

It's russian and a famous quote from Lenin. It means: Learn, learn, learn!

Anonymous

On topic, does anyone have answer to my question yet?

zaqrack

I dont think anyone has experiences with freedos, and I fear it might be a freedos issue.

CTG

Quote from: "Mingva":-k

Just a question: how is the correct version of these Russian sentences? I used the translator and partly knew the spelling of these words (but not perfect, I guess).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT242 track, from ZakStunts season 2021?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview