News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Top 101 albums

Started by BonzaiJoe, March 28, 2006, 09:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

From your list those which would certainly make it to my top 100 (which I'll perhaps make someday, but not now)

4. Marc Almond - I Created Me (live).mp3
9. Depeche Mode - World Full Of Nothing.mp3
16. Depeche Mode - Waiting For The Night.mp3
27. Depeche Mode - In Your Room.mp3
46. Depeche Mode - My Secret Garden.mp3
50. Agnes Poetry - Forgotten.mp3
62. Depeche Mode - But Not Tonight (Extended Mix).mp3
73. Depeche Mode - Dressed In Black.mp3
81. The Cure - All Cats Are Grey.mp3

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 10, 2007, 09:31:24 PM

Okay, after several months working on it, I have worked out a Top 100 of songs. These are the BEST SONGS EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF PLANET EARTH, so you just have to accept that. It is of course a subjective list, but only some of the songs are niche-songs (example: Bodies Without Organs - Conquering America, which I love mainly for its sound, which some others would hate it for). This is the utmost treasure of the world's culture, and about 50% of the reason why I (sometimes) get up in the morning:

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Krys TOFF on October 11, 2007, 01:09:52 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoeThere are two valid reasons if none or very few of the top 100 songs would be in your list:

1. You don't know most of the songs on my list
2. You don't love music enough, it's not a central part of your existence
1/ I know half of the songs or so. Mainly Cure, Smiths or Morrissey ones, and few DM ones.
2/ Just like colours or tastes, music preferences differ from one person to another. I like music, I love music, but not that kind of music you like.
Best bands of your list (in my opinion, only mine) are Manic Street Preachers and Smashing Pumpkins

Anyway, according to your list, it's strange not to see a song from E.M.F., Thousand Yard Stare, Suede, Oasis, Blur, New Model Army, Simply Red, ...

Quote from: BonzaiJoeEdie Brickell & New Bohemians
R.I.P. Carter Albrecht... :-\

Blur were close with The Universal, To The End and No Distance Left To Run
Oasis were a bit further off with Don't Look Back In Anger or Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Suede weren't really in the running, but I like many of their songs e.g. Animal Nitrate, The Drowners, Heroine, The Asphalt World, Beautiful Ones...
I don't like Simply Red
I have heard about New Model Army, read some of their lyrics, and maybe I should listen to them, they sound promising
I haven't heard about E.M.F.
I haven't heard about Thousand Yard Stare
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: zaqrack on October 11, 2007, 09:25:47 PM
From your list those which would certainly make it to my top 100 (which I'll perhaps make someday, but not now)

4. Marc Almond - I Created Me (live).mp3
9. Depeche Mode - World Full Of Nothing.mp3
16. Depeche Mode - Waiting For The Night.mp3
27. Depeche Mode - In Your Room.mp3
46. Depeche Mode - My Secret Garden.mp3
50. Agnes Poetry - Forgotten.mp3
62. Depeche Mode - But Not Tonight (Extended Mix).mp3
73. Depeche Mode - Dressed In Black.mp3
81. The Cure - All Cats Are Grey.mp3

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 10, 2007, 09:31:24 PM

Okay, after several months working on it, I have worked out a Top 100 of songs. These are the BEST SONGS EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF PLANET EARTH, so you just have to accept that. It is of course a subjective list, but only some of the songs are niche-songs (example: Bodies Without Organs - Conquering America, which I love mainly for its sound, which some others would hate it for). This is the utmost treasure of the world's culture, and about 50% of the reason why I (sometimes) get up in the morning:

I guess the surprise of that list is I Created Me... How come you know that song?
I would say I love all the songs on your list, but I guess that's not so surprising :)
But we can't be quite sure.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoeI have heard about New Model Army, read some of their lyrics, and maybe I should listen to them, they sound promising
I haven't heard about E.M.F.
I haven't heard about Thousand Yard Stare
Need some mp3 to listen ? Just ask and I'll rip some songs from my CDs.
I'm sure you heard at least one "Unbeleivable" by E.M.F. (E.M.F. means Extasy Mother F ucker). And if you like E.M.F., you'll be forced to love P.W.E.I. (which means Pop Will Eat Itself).

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Maybe I'll create a pop top 100, too; I fear eurodance between 1992-96 would rule that list, the music I grew up on.
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

zaqrack

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 11, 2007, 10:00:00 PM
I guess the surprise of that list is I Created Me... How come you know that song?
I would say I love all the songs on your list, but I guess that's not so surprising :)
I have some Mark Almond albums, which I listen to quite rarely unfortunately, but I often choose this song, because I love the mood and atmosphere of the live version.