News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Last minute informations and questions

Started by zaqrack, August 07, 2006, 03:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Dear paricipants,

first I'd like to ask some questions and if you are interested, please read below for some additional informations.

Arrivals:
I'd like to receive the estimated arrival times from the Hungarian participants, so we could assure that someone is in the aparment when you arrive. We'll pick up JTK at the airport at 8:30am on thursday, which means we'll be back in the worst case at 11am. If you prefer to skip the first day and come on friday or later, please inform me.

Weather:

At the moment it's a bit sad (though I like it a lot more than the summer heat :)). Colder than the average (20-28 Celsius), and rains are expected for the weekend. So bring some warmer clotches, not only your swimsuit :) Hopefully for the Kazincbarcika trip (or before) it'll get better.

Informations:

the flat is ready for the meeting, I have cleaned it from the first corner to the last (ok, the kitchen is still in progress :))
The original layout plan has changed a bit, the races will take part in the "third room"

I have tested the racing desk, 3 computers fit fine, though I think we'll only use two in that room: a main racing computer and the laptop for training. If anyone brings a laptop it could be the third one. You can experience the unique feeling of playing stunts under a bicycle, as one of the bike hangers is above the desk. :) Network sockets are set up for the two computers, no need to run with CD's from room to room.
Music(MP3 from CDs), TV, DVD, C64, PS1, a couch for 3-4 persons and a desk for foods and drinks will be all available in the same room, which means we'll have some great parties there :)

In my room the famous wooden stunts-box remains operational and on network, so track designers can just sit down, move away from the crowd and design a hell of a track. :) Or if you prefer to train alone while listening to music, or would just like to browse the internet or write a diary (JTK!!! :))- it's your place. It'll be also a room for chilling out and having some talks laying on my bed while listening to some music from my 11000 song collection - or from the one you bring with you :) We can also play some board games or play sector ball :)

My brother's room is also equipped with music and internet access.

About sleeping: Two people in my brothers room (quiet, much sleep), two in the game room (noisy or late sleep but close to the drinks), 4 in my room (2 on the bed, 2 on the floor= crowded :)) This will probably do the trick.

We'll eat in my room (where we ate in 2004), 8 people can fit, tested :) The menu is still in progress, and of course we'll select together what to cook.

Remember, our flat is only 63m2, it'll require some attention from all of you to have comfortable amount of space and an unforgettable meeting.

CTG

That's why I'll sleep in the hostel. Smaller crowd. And some bad experiences from 2004 - head in the kitchen. :)

CTG

And a question: where can we store the beer (and how many bottles) ? I guess we can't put more than 10-12 in the fridge and you don't have a pantry.

zaqrack

I made some place in the balcony

but even if you sleep in the hostel - when will you come? do you come with us to pick up JTK?

CTG

At 8:30 am? It doesn't fit to my biological clock. ;D

When will I come? I don't know exactly. It depends on the Slovakian beer trip and Akoss' arrival. But I'm flexible in this question, if you and the participants are out in the city then I can join there too. :)

CTG

BonzaiJoe

It sounds so great! I can feel the WSM spirit in the air, enchanting me...
Remember that Dinmor won't be there until Sunday, so there will be extra room until then.
But we can't be quite sure.

Usrin

I'll arrive on Friday afternoon, probably around 5pm. For weather forecast, you can check http://usrin.tvn.hu/weather.html (updated at least every two days; made for Szolnok area, but Budapest or Kazincbarcika is not too far from here). :)
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 07, 2006, 04:43:20 PM
Remember that Dinmor won't be there until Sunday, so there will be extra room until then.

Dinmor needs only a half place for sleeping. You know where... :D

lised

Wauw! I'm even more excited now :D You really know how to make people feel welcome! Very good job and thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

HUGS

JTK

Quote from: zaqrack on August 07, 2006, 03:23:06 PMWe'll pick up JTK at the airport
:)

Quote from: zaqrack on August 07, 2006, 03:23:06 PMIn my room the famous wooden stunts-box remains operational and on network, so track designers can just sit down, move away from the crowd and design a hell of a track.
What I shall definitely do!

Quote from: zaqrack on August 07, 2006, 03:23:06 PMOr if you prefer to train alone while listening to music, or would just like to browse the internet or write a diary (JTK!!! :))
8)

Quote from: zaqrack on August 07, 2006, 03:23:06 PMAbout sleeping:
I'd prefer the earlier-going-to-bed-room (as you might remember, at my age one soon loses all energy at the beginning of an evening...  ;D Anyway, we'll see!

I'm very excited to see you all (again) and have a good time, good food, good mood, good races, loud songs, to meet new community members, to drink lots of beer and just a little amount of P?linkas and - of course - to talk, laugh and ballade with all of you!!! Oh - and of course I'm looking forward to leave all you rookies behind in real races! ;D ;D ;D
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I got 1 litre of p?linka, I'll bring it to the meeting.

Estimated arrival: Thursday around 3 p.m. (I'll tell the exact time tomorrow).
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on August 07, 2006, 08:35:38 PM
I got 1 litre of p?linka, I'll bring it to the meeting.

Estimated arrival: Thursday around 3 p.m. (I'll tell the exact time tomorrow).

What kind of p?linka? Alcohol concentration? :D

JTK

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 07, 2006, 08:56:36 PM
Ballade!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D Yeees, I knew you'd know this one from whom I've learned this delicate vocabulary...  ;D
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de