News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

How serious are the records?

Started by BonzaiJoe, February 05, 2006, 08:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

And how low can we go? Below 9 minutes?

It could also be interesting to see a YouTube video of the record laps in continuation, but of course that's impossible (although at this point I think it might even be a good idea to make all Permanent Competition replays public). It would mean the ultra-RHers would take every record, but does that matter at this stage?

Still I guess there would be a problem with Renato's Cherry replay, which probably won't play correctly.
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on March 22, 2009, 02:30:54 PM

I really don't know - up to now I couldn't bring myself to drive further than halfway on the longer tracks, so I can't assess the potential  :)

It could also be interesting to see a YouTube video of the record laps in continuation, but of course that's impossible

Impossible due to technical reasons or due to lack of agreement among record holders? For the first issue, a continuous video might skip the long tracks and the closed versions - and then the only involved parties (discounting the already public Default/Z79 lap) are me and you...

It would mean the ultra-RHers would take every record, but does that matter at this stage?

Now that you asked, I must admit the answer is no  :) A YouTube video would still be better than making the replays available, though.

Still I guess there would be a problem with Renato's Cherry replay, which probably won't play correctly.

With a video, that wouldn't be a problem...

BonzaiJoe

1: There's only one way to find out! But I can tell you they are quite serious records. Especially Cherries is insane.

2: I'm suggesting a 9:15 video of all the tracks, with a caption at the bottom going something like "Default: AYRTON  0.31.25" (I forgot about closed tracks, don't really care about those because of the strange half-rules)

3: That may be right

4: I guess if someone sat down and edited, it wouldn't be a big problem.

Mark L. Rivers

I've just given my little contribute (0,20 seconds), just a fillip to start... :)
Of course, you'll see a scoreboard modified in its first line when Zak will update the permanent tracks' page... ;)
Btw, bye all! :)

Chulk

Weehh! Mark is here! How about telling us what the "L" means...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on March 24, 2009, 11:15:12 PM

I've just given my little contribute (0,20 seconds), just a fillip to start... :)
Of course, you'll see a scoreboard modified in its first line when Zak will update the permanent tracks' page... ;)
Btw, bye all! :)

Ooops, sorry... my new absolute record is on a "closed" track, so...  ::)   no contribute from me in the "9 minutes cause"... at least, at this moment... ;)

CTG

I can't remember the last time touching permanent tracks. Maybe I should kick ass on the closed versions... ;)

zaqrack

I suggest you should wait a bit, I intend to transform them to owoot rules...

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on March 25, 2009, 11:58:08 AM
I intend to transform them to owoot rules...

You shouldn't... Bernie's Closed is a legend, I used the way switching even 7 years ago.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: zaqrack on March 25, 2009, 11:58:08 AM
I suggest you should wait a bit, I intend to transform them to owoot rules...
Mmmm, why not keeping both : strict owoott and current... let's say... "free" closed rules. ;)

alanrotoi

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on February 05, 2006, 08:19:56 PMA new era of the permanent competition has begun, now that Renato has seemingly started working on the permanent tracks as if they were competition tracks. Now the holder(s) of the records have/has not only found a very fast way to drive the track, but also maxed out that way as much as possible. There will be no more "lucky rides" leading to a record on one of the tracks.

DEFAULT: I shall not speak about this record...

BERNIE'S: my 59.30 (recently improved to 59.05) was beaten after having stood for many years. I had foreseen this coming, for although I had driven the track in a way which I can't imagine not being the fastest, I drove it in 2002, a time when there wasn't such a huge tradition for maxing out. So it is flawed, and my first corners are actually a joke, nearly at noRH level. I'd say Renato's record is beatable, but I don't think anyone will ever go below 58 seconds (or maybe 57.90 or something) on Bernie's. There is simply no faster way to do it than the one we have already done (except in extreme cases without unexplainable magic carpets in the beginning of the track, etc.).

Alan Rotoi 0.57.40  ;) 2021 record.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: alanrotoi on May 19, 2023, 02:25:31 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on February 05, 2006, 08:19:56 PMA new era of the permanent competition has begun, now that Renato has seemingly started working on the permanent tracks as if they were competition tracks. Now the holder(s) of the records have/has not only found a very fast way to drive the track, but also maxed out that way as much as possible. There will be no more "lucky rides" leading to a record on one of the tracks.

DEFAULT: I shall not speak about this record...

BERNIE'S: my 59.30 (recently improved to 59.05) was beaten after having stood for many years. I had foreseen this coming, for although I had driven the track in a way which I can't imagine not being the fastest, I drove it in 2002, a time when there wasn't such a huge tradition for maxing out. So it is flawed, and my first corners are actually a joke, nearly at noRH level. I'd say Renato's record is beatable, but I don't think anyone will ever go below 58 seconds (or maybe 57.90 or something) on Bernie's. There is simply no faster way to do it than the one we have already done (except in extreme cases without unexplainable magic carpets in the beginning of the track, etc.).

Alan Rotoi 0.57.40  ;) 2021 record.

Alan Rotoi - faster than the fastest it's possible to be

Cas

Is that record saved in R4K's permanent competition?  Do you have the replay?  It should be there!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Bernies? Yes I uploaded to R4K and the replay is public ;)