News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

R2/2007 - Fluency

Started by Mark L. Rivers, February 26, 2007, 08:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

A faster challenge than R1 is waiting all drivers and their Jaguar XJR9! Differently form previous track, R2 will be in fact characterized for an higher Average Speed. No hairpin, no forced slow curves, and after Start drivers can forget to have 1st and 2nd gear (maybe 3st gear too for anyone? Let's see!). Anyway in new track there are some passages (especially one, just after 2nd intermediate) where drivers will have to use all their sensibility to reduce at minimum the speed loss. The difficult will be just to drive with a great fluency so to mantain an high speed for all the tracts of the track, avoiding to push on brakes too much. Bank-road for shortcuts? Sure! And I think that one of them has been put in a very unusual, but useful point... Ice? Just a micro-tract, but if drivers could have snow-tyres I think they would use them! OK, do I succeed to make you curious?  ;)
Sure it will be interesting how drivers will act relatively to checkpoint bonus points. Winning time will be higher than R1. So if drivers will want to catch more than 1 bonus points they will have to make a not easy calculation to avoid to push on right pedal too much...  ;)
What about NORH race? Only one critical point and not so hard like first 25" of R1. So the hope is R2 will see more NORH drivers on the track! Come on, show all your Stunts passion!  :)

CTG

Nice IMSA track with some characteristic combinations of Mark. First lap (discovering) with auto gears: 1:22.75. I guess winning time will be around 1:05.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: CTG on March 05, 2007, 02:01:59 AM
Nice IMSA track with some characteristic combinations of Mark. First lap (discovering) with auto gears: 1:22.75. I guess winning time will be around 1:05.

Mhmm... In Mastery I really didn't think to pass from 1'09"xx to 1'01"xx... It's always surprising for me to discover how many seconds I'm able to leave from first trial on a new track. Anyway in Fluency, in this moment, I thought to be able to arrive at 1'12"xx, maybe a bit lower, not under 1'10"xx... But I hope to be wrong...