News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

International Stunts Master 2008

Started by Mark L. Rivers, June 13, 2007, 08:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

only Track C counts in the final results, right?
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Mark L. Rivers

My final times for Eliminatory Round...

Three hours and five minutes to the deadline...   ;)

zaqrack

Krys TOFF

Argammon

@ Mark

You are right that it was my own fault not to look things up. To be honest, I didn't open any stunts site for a while until it was to late.

Nevertheless I thought it would start in 2008 due to the name!

Mark L. Rivers

Finish of the Eliminatory Round!

The Eliminatory Round has expressed its verdict: Krys TOFF and SuperBrian are out of ISM 2008! The two bishops of Damage Inc. team leave the tournament without fighting: Krys TOFF didn?t send improvements in last week, and, disconcertly, absolutely no replays for SuperBrian for all the competition! While for the french driver it seems that the matter has been no time to race, it?s really incomprehensible the choice of the young danish driver: he said in last October that he wanted to reach absolutely a place to race for ISM, and he raced a lot to succeed in it. Then he has raced in other races (current ZCT80 included) and not here! No mails and no comments by him, asbsolutely incomprehensible?  ???, but maybe he will want to explain the reason in the Forum.  ::)
But now we have to talk about another crashing news: with alien replays (improving again his already very low times) Duplode astonishes all conquering the best sum of times!  8)  Differently from what we could think before the start, now it seems he?s the man who all others have to beat! Check the final results to believe: the hyper-fast brazilian driver inflicts almost 6 seconds to the 2nd, Bonzai Joe, who didn?t improve in last week!  :o :o :o Quite near to BJ (around 2 seconds), we find me (3rd sum of times) and Chulk (4th), even if I got 1 second of Bonus more than the argentinian. As it was predictable, Zak McKracken reaches easily and without big engagements the qualification (5th sum of times) improving only his previous time on Track B, even if still with a little penalty (3 seconds) cutting the last slow curve before the finish. And finally, we find the last qualified, sure really happy: AbuRaf70! Really a big engagement for him (many usual little improvements in last week), an engagement that has been rewarded with a prestigious result! :)
And now let?s talk about the analysis of the replays, but not before to have remarked a very interesting item. All drivers have realized very similar times on both tracks and this means two things: 1) the two tracks were quite balanced (same length, same global difficult) and 2) all drivers have put the same engagement in both tracks, not privileging one respect the other.
What about the analysis? Well, it will be surprising, but at Intermediate 1 Duplode was only 4th on Track A (60 centiseconds behind a fantastic Zak McKracken, fastest section for him!  :)) and only 6th on Track B about 2, 5 seconds behind Chulk, the real ?Loch Ness Monster? of the large lake placed at the beginning of the track! But then Duplode decides to greets all taking the lead until the finish: first place at 2nd Intermediate on both tracks (pair with BJ at intermediate 2 of Track B), marking also the fastest 2nd and 3rd section on both tracks!  8)  Really another planet! And if you check the replays you?ll see the awesome and original lines that the driver of San Paulo succeeded to follow in his fantastic races. For the other highlights, we can observe three different ways to approach the first loop on Track B (the worse way is for me and Zak  ::)) and at least 5 different ways to cross the lake! Interesting also to see the different choices in the last section, and above all the two ?magic? inventions of the winner on the elevated tract and in the final loop? Only BJ succeeds to limit the damages on this track? About Track A, I and Chulk are very near to Duplode at Intermediate 1 (the argentinian is just ahead him), and then both realizing two very good sections (the 2nd one for Chulk, only 0,85 seconds more than Duplode, and the 3rd one for me, only 80 centiseconds more than the brazilian) and two absolutely awful sections (the 3rd one for Chulk, +3,55 seconds and the 2nd one for me, + 2,85 seconds)? Anyway, Duplode makes also in this track real ?magic? passages, above all a fantastic final (btw, interesting also to see the different choices in the last tract) totally out of control.
Some little considerations about the Final Round, now. Sure it can be that some other
drivers didn?t push at maximum their cars, quite sure to be qualified. Anyway Duplode has realized so impressive times that they have to think a lot about his potential in order of Final Round. But maybe the role of the favorite won?t be so advantageous for the brazilian driver who sure won?t be able to
avail any kind of surprise-effect?  ;)
Well, that?s all for the moment, but just 24 hours and all will be again on the track for the final race! How will be Track C? Which car will be used? Who will be able to catch the important LTB (Standard rules!) at stake? Stay with us to know all this: the Final Round is starting?  8)

PS
This is the password to open the zip-file that contain my previous replays: fa8aeyh5  ;)

zaqrack

I'm really excited, and if I have time, and we'll have a good car and track, I want to fight for the podium, to bing Cork's Crew fame and success again!

BonzaiJoe

Yay! We'll choke them in our exhaust  ;)

Duplode, Bonzai Joe, Mark L. Rivers, Chulk, Zak McKracken, AbuRaf70... Looks interesting. But a lot will depend on the track and car... However, I trust Mark to make a class track. All the tracks of his that I've raced on have been fabulous so far...
But we can't be quite sure.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 08, 2008, 10:31:21 PM
Duplode, Bonzai Joe, Mark L. Rivers, Chulk, Zak McKracken, AbuRaf70... Looks interesting. But a lot will depend on the track and car... However, I trust Mark to make a class track. All the tracks of his that I've raced on have been fabulous so far...

Thanks BJ.  :)  About the final track, I hope not to delude you, and... I'm almost sure that your trust will be rewarded...  ;)  About the car, well... don't worry, Zak,  it will be an original car...  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Here we are: the Final Round of ISM 2008 starts, now! Strategies, tactics, studies were part of the past Round. Now it only counts to race fast as possible, since the beginning, aiming to catch the LTB (Standard Rule) available. Remember that this is a race shorter than usual, less than 3 weeks, only 20 days where top drivers will have to concentrate all their efforts driving their Porsche 962 as they really know to conquer the title... Maybe someone will be happy for the car to use, maybe someone not... But sure the track (check it from "Tracks" page) should be enough engaging and selective to elect a deserved winner... ;)

Scoreboard will be usually updated daily, while analysis of the race will be published at the end, as usual. Btw, if you still didn't see it, there's a new page available, "Analysis". Check it from now for the Eliminatory Round if you haven't done it yet!

Ok, now it's really time to go! So... Gentlemen, start your engines...

Duplode

Very IMSA-ish and quite Mark-ish track, with the 962...I like it.  :)

CTG

I wonder if BJ can show he's the best or he'll let any of you to win. ;D

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on January 09, 2008, 11:55:58 PM
I wonder if BJ can show he's the best or he'll let any of you to win. ;D

Oh yes, you reminded me: my tip is BJ by quite some margin... ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Duplode opens the dance: first trial on the new final track! How will it be strong? Waiting for replies...  ;)

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/ISM/2008/index_ISM2008.htm