News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Makó (USC 50)

Started by CTG, August 25, 2007, 01:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

About updating results: Monday, late afternoon/evening.

54 hours left.

CTG

Very tight finish, 5 pipsqueaks under 1:30...

One detail:

CTG 1:26.90, on podium. ;)

CTG

CTG

It's a kind of magic: Argammon finished only 2nd. (Okay-okay, I did not drive my best - it would have been around 1:24.50 :P).

Overall table is HOT!

Mark, CTG <--- 2 ---> CTG <--- 3 ---> Chulk <--- 2 ---> Dottore <--- 6 ---> Argammon

Shame on T?ff again, MOR goes to Sergio Baro.

CTG

Analysis is ready, Argammon lost the match in the last sector.

Mark L. Rivers

Nice scoreboard and nice overall standings. Just a pity for me having lose 2 points for 0"10... Congratulations anyway to all fastest drivers.

CTG, just a question: was there any modify (that maybe I missed) about the first restriction you introduced at the beginning of this season for the competition manager (reported in topic "RULES")?

Quote from: CTG on March 20, 2007, 01:29:47 AM
Two restrictions for the competition manager:

1, Announce final time at least 24 hours before the deadline.

CTG

Whops. You are right. It's not a regular rule as it's not included in the official rules section (see USC site) but I kept it all the time since the Mingva affair. Sorry, this time I liked the track so much that I had to push a bit harder and it seems I totally forgot about the 24 hours limit (with announcement, I have the replay for ages). Shame on me but I didn't want to enter LTB fight with such a strong time earlier and I forgot to update on Saturday (went home in the early morning).

Of course I can cancel my own results and set back the original 1:29.95 (if you want). But from now let's say that 24 hours rule is DELETED.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: CTG on September 24, 2007, 09:19:50 PM
Of course I can cancel my own results and set back the original 1:29.95 (if you want).

I think that the contest manager is the only one who have to decide about the application of the rules. Drivers who take part at the contest can only accept or not to accept what he decide. But in the 2nd case, that is if they not to accept, contest manger have not to worry: drivers cannot sue him or plead to anyone. Maybe they can only show their dissent choosing the way to do it.

CTG

Don't be afraid, manager results never count in final rankings. See former seasons... ;)

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on September 24, 2007, 09:19:50 PM
Of course I can cancel my own results and set back the original 1:29.95 (if you want). But from now let's say that 24 hours rule is DELETED.
Regarding you had your replay for ages, I don't really think that's necessary but, anyway, it doesn't affect my result, so my opinion is not really strong.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: CTG on September 24, 2007, 11:15:32 PM
Don't be afraid, manager results never count in final rankings. See former seasons... ;)

I know it. But I've always thought that there's something wrong about your way to manage your contest relatively at your results. You leave yourself from final rank at the end of the season, it's true. But, during the season, your results "snatch" points to the other drivers. So, I think that if you don't want to compete officially in your contest (and only you know why), and you only want to race to show your skill comparing with other drivers (even with time realized for ages), I think you shouldn't assign you race points but simply you should put your results on the scoreboard not affecting the score of drivers with a time higher than your.
I think this thought is simple to get and quite objective. But it's your contest and as I said before other drivers can only accept or not to accept what you decide, choosing the way to show their eventual disagreement.

CTG

It worked in the past 4 years so I won't change it for the very last season. Nice idea anyway.

Argammon

First of all congrats go to Dottore for winning the track.

@ Ctg's time:

Personally I would have loved to see it on the scoreboard earlier. My replay was 3,45 seconds faster than the best replay on the scoreboard before the final deadline. That can be considered ALOT in stunts. Hence, as you can see I had no motivation to max out the end of my replay and lost the race there. If there was an 1.26.90 on the scoreboard some days before deadline you can be sure it would have been the right motivation for me to try to drive ~2-3 seconds faster than it.
I know that is mainly my fault I didn't win though. Can't blame it on anyone. Though, I think if the time was on the scoreboard I would have won  8).

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: CTG on September 25, 2007, 10:51:39 AM
It worked in the past 4 years so I won't change it for the very last season. Nice idea anyway.

One more time a good chance lost...

CTG

Maybe in the very-very-very last USC season in 2008/2009... ;)

(kidding)