News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Profession

Started by CTG, September 10, 2007, 11:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on June 21, 2012, 08:15:29 AM
21 days at the new position and still did not work? :)

I meant for today. :D

CTG

Testing my own limits: /me is extreme tired (sum 12-13 hours sleeping in the last three nights), having terrible stomachache and headache, remaining exercises to finish the current work would be ~3 working days for a top shape CTG and deadline is tomorrow afternoon. It's my fault: the task was underestimated, that's why I started it too late.

Stupid, stupiiid, stupid Cetegeee!

Usrin

But now it's completed successfully, I guess.  Am I right?  :)
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Well... extended deadline, low quality work. :D

CTG

Quote from: CTG on September 10, 2012, 07:16:00 PM
Well... extended deadline, low quality work. :D

Seems like I'm in weak form now, burning myself again... Maybe this job wasn't the best choice.

Usrin

At my new workplace (the first where they haven't heard about me before I applied), I realized that it's better if I don't do always my best... It helps to keep expectations at a lower level.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Quote from: Usrin on October 18, 2012, 10:37:27 PM
At my new workplace (the first where they haven't heard about me before I applied), I realized that it's better if I don't do always my best... It helps to keep expectations at a lower level.

The same here, about one year ago. What's the prize of the hard work? You get even more exercises and your workmates start to behave like parasites.

zaqrack

I realized today I have probably the best job I will ever have - I practically have no boss!

- I have 5 direct coworkers, all of them being my subordinates
- I report weekly to our Budapest office, but this is just to sync up on projects - we are on the same level in the chain of command.
- I "report" monthly to my "boss" in the US, who I consider my friend. As we have full mutual trust, this is alo basically a status report on what I have done and plan doing - just to keep him in the lopp.

The closest "boss" I have are the clients we deliver to. But clients are clients.

Yet I work hard - to meet my own demands. Happy, stress-free life... 8)

Argammon

I will most likely start with a new job next week.

One week ago I have been in Copenhagen. Got an offer. Chance that I will take it is ~40 - 50%.  I thought about trying to meet BJ but then again I did not have much time and also a lot of stress.
If I move there, it would be nice if you could introduce me to the city, BJ. Maybe you know some nice places or whatever.  8) 

Btw, do you have a job, finally?

Argammon

Oh, I forgot to mention that even if I don't move to CPH, I am going to move abroad with 95% probability. Nowadays "experience abroad" seems to be very important on most career paths.  :o

BonzaiJoe

Well, sure :-) No, I still don't have a job - apparently the few jobs available here are given to Germans  :P What's the job you were offered?
But we can't be quite sure.

Argammon

Hahaha, they were impressed by my crappy Scandinavian language skills. I had to translate some danish article. I am going to tell you what kind of job it is, should I take it.

In that case it makes no sense to hide as you could easily find me on the Internet anyways.  ;)

Argammon

Btw, where do you live in CPH?

And: Which areas are nice and would be a good choice for someone with a decent income?  ;)

BonzaiJoe

Well, that's the issue. I suspect that we have very different ideas about what areas to hang around in. But still, I can probably tell you a lot of useful things. There are eight 'boroughs' in central Copenhagen:

Indre By (Historical city centre. Pretty, active and densely populated, but very full of tourists, shoppers, businessfolk. Feels more like an open air museum or theme park to me than a real city)

Østerbro ('nice' area with a lot of well-to-do young couples with children, who like to eat high-quality 'home-grown' food and go to the movies or the theatre once in a while and eat at Italian restaurants.)

Nørrebro ('cool' area with a lot of independent artists and other ventures, galleries, bars and cafés with personality, populated both by rich-ish people, 'hipsters'/students and by poor immigrants. Historical home of the Danish extreme left wing and countless clashes with the police.)

Frederiksberg ('fine' area full of what one might call the 'nouveau riche', 50-60-year old ladies with shopping bags, big apartments, beautiful gardens and that kind of stuff)

Vesterbro ('trendy' area. Previously the poorest part of Copenhagen, now gentrified. Center of hipster culture and a lot of city life, but also of drug trade, prostitution and alcoholism.)

Christianshavn ('cute' small area consisting of six islands separated by small canals. Old buildings and narrow cobblestone streets. Very nice in summer. Also home of the famous free town of Christiania.)

Amagerbro ('dull and authentic' area, populated by lower-income population (but still higher income than the more distant suburbs).

Islands Brygge (newly developed area, with some fancy architecture alongside standard residence buildings. Very nice promenade by the canal, fantastic in summer)

To me, there are only three real places in Copenhagen: Nørrebro, Vesterbro and Amagerbro. I live in Indre By, but just across the lake from Nørrebro. At Gothersgade. I don't know exactly how decent your income will be. Housing anywhere in Copenhagen is generally very expensive. The richest parts are some select parts of Indre By, followed by Frederiksberg, Østerbro and Islands Brygge. The really rich people live in houses, in Hellerup, north of Copenhagen.
But we can't be quite sure.

Argammon

Thanks for the information.  :)

I would be curious to know which areas you think I hang around in.  ;D More seriously, it would be just nice if you could show me around a bit. Whether I hang out at these places later on or not then remains to be seen.

I don't need a special place to live in. Any area that is not full of criminals after 11 pm is good for me. May I ask how you finance your flat considering housing is very expensive and you don't have a job?

One point I am worried about is car tax. To pay between 105% and 180% of the car's value in tax, just to register it, is insane in my opinion.  ::) I guess my car must remain in Germany.