News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Formula 1 in 2008

Started by Krys TOFF, October 22, 2007, 04:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

From now it's getting clearer and clearer. As for me, drivers of 2008 will be:

Ferrari: Raikkonen, Massa
McLaren: Hamilton, Kovalainen
Renault: Alonso, Piquet Jr.
BMW: Heidfeld, Kubica
Williams: Rosberg, Nakajima
Honda: Button, Barrichello
Toyota: Trulli, Glock
Red Bull: Webber, Coulthard
Torro Rosso: Vettel, Bourdais
Super Aguri: Sato, Davidson
Force India: Sutil, R Schumacher (?)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG
McLaren: Hamilton, Kovalainen
Renault: Alonso, Piquet Jr.
As I said before, that's what the rumours say. But it may be :
McLaren : Hamilton, De la Rosa (3rd driver of McLaren for 2007) and ??? as 3rd driver.
Renault : Alonso, Kovalainen, with Piquet Jr remaining 3rd driver.

Quote from: CTG
Force India: Sutil, R Schumacher (?)
Sutil is sure. Other will be R. Schumi, or Fisico, or Luizzi, or Klein, or Montagny, or...

CTG

The only thing against Alonso - Piquet Jr. is the fact that the always crying Spaniard has bad experiences with talented newbies... ;D

CTG

I would be glad to see Felipe Massa's Kart Race with so many great pipsqueaks.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on November 20, 2007, 02:49:28 PM
The only thing against Alonso - Piquet Jr. is the fact that the always crying Spaniard has bad experiences with talented newbies... ;D
Latest infos regarding Renault in France : Piquet Jr will be for sure one of the 2 active Renault drivers for 2008 and Fisico will leave (or become 3rd driver).
This means Alonso-Piquet Jr with Kovalainen going to McLaren in case Alonso choose to come back to Renault (rumours talk about arrangement between Renault and McLaren for exchange of Alonso with Kovalainen). Or Kovalainen-Piquet Jr in case Alonso goes to another team but Renault (and this means that Pedro de la Rosa may become active driver for McLaren instead of staying 3rd driver).

Chulk

I'd like to see Kovalainen in McLaren then. Finish drivers and McLaren have obtain great results through history of F1.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 14, 2007, 01:20:48 PM
Jean Todt replaced by Stefano Domenicali  as Ferrari F1 manager, Ross Brawn (who wanted to replace Todt) then prefered to go to Honda.
Maybe Honda will finally have a good car with Brawn's help.
And maybe Ross Brawn will make Alonso come to Honda. Then this would mean that slow Barrichello would go "down" to Honda satellite team Super Aguri with Sato. And Sato will kick Rubens' ass. Sato is good and deserves a better car. Best for Honda would be Alonso-Sato and then Button-Barrichello to Super Aguri.
Anyway, Alonso to Honda would mean Kovalainen-Piquet Jr for Renault and bye bye Fisico (or he may stay as 3rd driver for Renault). This situation would mean a free seat for McLaren as Kovalainen would stay with Renault in this case.

Krys TOFF

No evidence of spying from Renault versus McLaren, Renault gets no penalty, unlike McLaren with Ferrari affair.

Maybe that's what Alonso waited before accepting to go back to Renault : he didn't want to leave a team accused of spying to another one convinced of spying too.

I really think that Alonso will go back to Renault now, and Fisico will go... Back home ! ;D
Too bad this means that Piquet Jr will probably remain 3rd driver for Renault (as Kovalainen would stay main driver with Alonso in this case).

Krys TOFF

Bye bye Formula 1 for Ralf Schumi. Worst result of all pipsqueaks that tested Force India car at Jerez, twice out of the road in the same turn. This guy is really a crappy pipsqueak now, he won't be missed. ;D

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 07, 2007, 01:44:02 PM
Bye bye Formula 1 for Ralf Schumi. Worst result of all pipsqueaks that tested Force India car at Jerez, twice out of the road in the same turn. This guy is really a crappy pipsqueak now, he won't be missed. ;D
He's always been a really crappy pipsqueak, not just now. They thought he would be a good F1 driver just because he had a last name. What a fools!

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on December 07, 2007, 08:36:12 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 07, 2007, 01:44:02 PM
He's always been a really crappy pipsqueak, not just now. They thought he would be a good F1 driver just because he had a last name. What a fools!
He managed to win 6 races during his career. That's not so bad. But he never was as good as his brother for sure.

Krys TOFF

OK, this is official now : Alonso and Piquet Jr will drive for Renault in 2008. Romain Grosjean (French driver winner of F3 EuroSeries in 2007 and Renault Formula in 2005) will be test driver for Renault.

Kovalainen seems to be the main choice for McLaren now as Rosberg Jr extended his contract (with a money improvement) with Williams by 1 year, that is until end of 2009.

Fisico's last hope is to drive for Force India, or will leave F1.

Chulk

Alonso's d?j? v?? Nelson Piquet (the father) said his son won't be Renault's 2nd driver behind Alonso but will be a fair (meaning without any advantages, not good) hand to hand competitor.

CTG

I hope Nyalonso will feel the same at the end of 2008 that he did this year. A young talent made him fool... ;D

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on December 12, 2007, 09:20:47 PM
I hope Nyalonso will feel the same at the end of 2008 that he did this year. A young talent made him fool... ;D
McLaren team made him fool, not an over-confident, not able to cope with the pressure to be favourite to win (Maybe he's French after all, right Krys? Just kidding, I like French people and specially you) newbie...