News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Formula 1 in 2008

Started by Krys TOFF, October 22, 2007, 04:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulknot able to cope with the pressure to be favourite to win (Maybe he's French after all, right Krys? Just kidding, I like French people and specially you)
Lol ! That's why France may win versus Romania in QF of female handball world championship. Romania is vice-champion and finished 1st of its group while France finished 4th of its group. Romania is logical favorite, so France can win (like we did by 1 point versus Romania some months ago in the World Cup). :D

Chulk

Sometimes Argentina has the same problem, specially in Volleyball. We play great matches against strong teams and then we loose easily against weaker teams.
Back to F1, people in Kovalainen's circle say he's going to race in McLaren (This is my wish) but Spanish sponsors are pressuring to have De La Rosa promoted and not stay as test driver. I think money will win over talent and De La Rosa will drive for McLaren as Spanish sponsors probably had enough with Alonso's situation and won't stand another one like that. Besides, Ron Dennis dislikes the good relation Heiki has with Briatore, though I'm not sure why (problems in the past I guess...)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

I like Heiki and I'd like to see him race in a good team too. Hamilton-Kovalainen duo at McLaren next year would be fine and would show the real talent of Heiki.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: ChulkSpanish sponsors are pressuring to have De La Rosa promoted and not stay as test driver
Mutua Madrile?a decided to stop to invest in F1. They sponsored Alonso in Renault during 2005-2006 and followed him at McLaren for 2007. This "pressure" you were talking about may have failed (which is good news for Heiki) and so they decided to leave F1. Mutua Madrile?a couldn't follow Alonso back to Renault because ING (Dutch insurrance company, competitor of Mutual Madrile?a) is now sponsor of Renault.

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 13, 2007, 04:28:18 PM
Mutua Madrile?a decided to stop to invest in F1.
Great! So now they can start investing on people's health and care  :D. Chances increased for a new Finnish driver in McLaren, nice memories of a Finnish driver and his Brittish companion back in the end of the 1990's are coming to me. Let's wish they become true again...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on December 13, 2007, 07:20:43 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 13, 2007, 04:28:18 PM
Mutua Madrile?a decided to stop to invest in F1.
Great! So now they can start investing on people's health and care  :D. Chances increased for a new Finnish driver in McLaren, nice memories of a Finnish driver and his Brittish companion back in the end of the 1990's are coming to me. Let's wish they become true again...
We all forgot to talk about it, but it's official since last friday, 14th of december : Heiki Kovalainen will race for McLaren in 2008. :)

Chulk

Great! At least something to ease my anger as my exam was postponed ('till next year) because my proffessor misteriously dissapeared from the face on Earth.  >:(

zaqrack

ouch. Maybe he'll be a new F1 driver and went testing ;)

Chulk

Quote from: zaqrack on December 18, 2007, 01:41:25 PM
ouch. Maybe he'll be a new F1 driver and went testing ;)
He'd better...

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on December 18, 2007, 12:59:58 PM
Great! At least something to ease my anger as my exam was postponed ('till next year) because my proffessor misteriously dissapeared from the face on Earth.  >:(

If he comes back in two weeks, he might be the real Dark Chaser... ;D

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on December 20, 2007, 03:35:33 AM
Quote from: Chulk on December 18, 2007, 12:59:58 PM

If he comes back in two weeks, he might be the real Dark Chaser... ;D
LOOOOOOL!. I had to wait for 5 minutes until my laughter stopped to post this! Excellent joke CTG!

CTG

We've made a prediction game with Akoss for next season's TOP10 and the constructor's championship.

Drivers championship 2008

noPoo's prediction     CTG's prediction     
1     HamiltonAlonso
2     RaikkonenRaikkonen
3     MassaMassa
4     AlonsoHamilton
5     KovalainenPiquet Jr.
6     HeidfeldHeidfeld
7     KubicaKovalainen
8     ButtonKubica
9     VettelRosberg
10    Piquet Jr.Trulli

Constructors championship 2008

noPoo's prediction     CTG's prediction     
1     FerrariFerrari
2     McLarenRenault
3     BMWMcLaren
4     RenaultBMW
5     HondaWilliams
6     Red BullRed Bull
7     Toro RossoToyota
8     WilliamsHonda
9     ToyotaToro Rosso
10    Force IndiaSuper Aguri
11    Super AguriForce India

Krys TOFF

Wow, CTG expects a good come-back of Renault in the top teams after an average 2007 season. I also think so, with the help of Alonso's capability of optimizing the settings. But not enough to battle for the win, just enough to kick BMW out of top 3.

Let me tip too :
Drivers
Hamilton (not always winning but always in top 5, this guy is really good and regular)
Raikkonen (often winning, and sometimes out of the race, this will cost him the champion title)
Alonso (Renault will improve during the year, but Alonso won't be champion in 2008. He will have to wait for 2009 to be champion again)
Massa (still good and regular, but will miss the good opportunities due to small mistakes or engine breakdown)
Kovalainen (Regular, maybe 1 victory this year, but not yet as good as Hamilton, even if I like this driver a lot more than I like Hamilton)
Heidfeld (still there, still good, but car won't be good enough, sadly for him)
Piquet Jr (promising driver, but will make some mistakes, as Kovalainen did last year)
Kubica (same as Heidfeld, and will do some mistakes too)
Rosberg Jr (improving again, but his car won't allow him to reach a better place)
Bourdais (his experience will help a lot Torro Rosso to improve and get better than Red Bull)
Vettel (talented driver, and with a good team and teammate to progress, may join a better team for 2009)
Trulli (Toyota car will suck again in motricity, but not as much as Honda one)
Couthard (his experience will help him gain points when one top team driver will be out)

Constructors
Ferrari (Regular duo in top 5)
McLaren-Mercedes (Hamilton champion, Heikki excellent 2nd driver, but overall a car with more problems and abandons than Ferrari one)
Renault (back to the top progressively during the year)
BMW-Sauber (will start good but will be bypassed by Renault progressively)
Torro Rosso-Ferrari (good pair of drivers, good engine, I hope thay can reach this 5th place, the 2 "Seb" deserve it)
Williams-Toyota (Nico is good, but that won't be sufficient to always be in points. And Nakajima Jr will just be there to learn for his 1st year, he won't get any point I think)
Red Bull-Renault (2 experienced drivers, good engine, but no better than 7th team overall. It would be good to see Torro Rosso better than Red Bull.
Toyota (I think they will leave F1 in a few years as a full team and will stay only as motorist, as Williams proved regularly that they can do better than Toyota with the same engine)
Super Aguri-Honda (go Sato, go ! Proove Honda that keeping Button and Barrichello as their main team drivers is a mistake and that you deserve a top team car ! Yes, I like Takuma Sato ;D)
Honda (rubens sucks, Jenson sucks, I don't like these drivers and I really hope Super Aguri to beat them like they almost did in 2007)
Force India (nothing to say, a bad team won't be able to create a good car just because team owner changed again)

Krys TOFF

It seems more and more that Fisico will be the 2nd enlisted driver of Force India. That won't change their classification anyway, they will be last. ;D

CTG

Tonight I had a weird dream about F1. They completed the first race with some tuned Seat Leon on an unknown short track around a castle and Kovalainen won ahead of Raikkonen and Nakajima, while the Renaults finished last. :D