News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Visegrád (USC 55)

Started by CTG, December 17, 2007, 10:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Yes but I already told: improvements are coming in pack. ;)

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on February 02, 2008, 02:07:19 AM
Anyway results will be shown as normalized to Indy lap.

AbuRaf 70 - 1:02.95, the first replay of this contest
I thought scoreboard would have OUR TIME/CTG'S TIME in percentage, instead of an INDY normalized time.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

O_o
Why publish his time ? ???
You should publish the difference between your time (with the same car) and his time.

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on February 02, 2008, 09:53:15 PM

I thought scoreboard would have OUR TIME/CTG'S TIME in percentage, instead of an INDY normalized time.

But isn't it the same thing? Published time = (our chosen car time / CTG same car time)*CTG indy time... CTG just multiplied the percentages by a factor (his Indy time) to have a normal-looking scoreboard.

CTG

Duplode is totally right. I checked AbuRaf's time with his car, then checked mine.

1:02.95 = (AbuRaf's time with his chosen car/my time with AbuRaf's chosen car)*my Indy time (55.60)

But if you prefer percentage: 113.2% ;)

CTG

Would you like to see percents or normalized times to any cars? (maybe a semi-rapid car would be better for normalizing, just to make lap times more or less realistic)

CTG

Still Indy normalized laps

Chulk 52.50
Bonzai Joe 48.45
Duplode 50.85
Dottore 55.15

Duplode

I like normalized times better; however there's a problem I just noticed: if you update your times, and thus the ratios get refreshed, anybody who races with the normalization car will, unlike everyone else, have his/hers scoreboard time completely unchanged - and thus that particular car choice will be easy to spot. Thus, it's probably better to normalize with one of the unused car times (a bit strange indeed) or not normalize at all.

CTG

But then you can calculate the cars of each pipsqueaks even with percentages... (from my improvement ---> their percantage change). You are absolutely right about the Indy pipsqueaks. I'm going to keep normalization but let's say you are all normalized to a one minute replay in the whole month. ;)

CTG

Still Indy normalized laps

Chulk 52.50
Bonzai Joe 48.45
Duplode 50.85
Dottore 55.15

Normalized to 1:00.00:

Bonzai Joe 52.30
Duplode 54.85
Chulk 56.65
Dottore 59.55
CTG 1:00.00
AbuRaf70 1:07.30

First improvement pack is in progress, only Melange and Lancia are missing.

Krys TOFF

I like better the 1 minute reference style.

CTG

Although mathematically it's not different... :D Current leaders will be over 1 minute soon. ;)

But to make it more interesting, I also won't publish my times - it will be always 1:00.00, only your time will move compared to this. So you can calculate my time with your own car but can't with the others. ;)

CTG

First round of CTG's attack:

Bonzai Joe 52.30 ---> 1:00.70
Duplode 54.85 ---> 1:01.00
Chulk 56.65 ---> 1:06.15
Dottore 59.55 ---> 1:02.90
CTG 1:00.00 ---> 1:00.00
AbuRaf70 1:07.30 ---> 1:14.05

BonzaiJoe

Nice performance there, Duplode and Dottore :) You almost caught up with me
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Hey their time did not change! Only mine... ;)

(So congratulations to CTG for completing such a nice lap with BJ's car and shame on CTG for not being able to beat Duplode and Dottore by a bigger difference with their cars) ;D