News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2008

Started by CTG, January 06, 2008, 01:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on June 07, 2008, 09:42:18 PM
I will give 1 point for finding out the outcome of the match (1X2), and 2 points for the correct tips.

What about finding out the difference? :D

BonzaiJoe

Germany - Poland  1 - 0

Austria - Croatia 0 - 4 

Those are tomorrow's games, right? :)
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: CTG on June 07, 2008, 10:45:33 PM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on June 07, 2008, 09:42:18 PM
I will give 1 point for finding out the outcome of the match (1X2), and 2 points for the correct tips.

What about finding out the difference? :D

That would mean when you guessed right for a draw, you automatically found out the goal difference, and I feel that would be a bit undeserved to give a bonus point for that, too. So original system stays.

Germany-Poland 3-0
Austria-Croatia 1-2
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

CTG

Germany - Poland 3-1
Austria - Croatia 0-2

I'll be on the Internet on Tuesday next time.
Tips until then:

Romania-France 1-3
Netherlands-Italy 0-2

Spain-Russia 2-1
Greece-Sweden 2-1

1000.08 km

CTG

Okay let's tip for these four matches too:

gipsyland - France 1-2
Netherlands - Italy 1-1

Spain - Russia 2-1
Greece - Sweden 0-1

3 matches, 4 goals so far... Not so promising. Austria vs Croatia wasn't really a good match, the latter one couldn't make a strong impression on me. Let's hope they get better soon. On the other hand: GO POLAND!!!

CTG

Germany played well... Too bad, they seem to be really-really strong. Tomorrow we can see how good the other "aces" (Italy, France, Netherlands) are.

ROM-FRA 0-0, I'm supporting Italy, so I would like to see this match finishing this way (X). Germany really played well, though the first goal was offside, the second was lucky. But the other half of the tree is stronger.

1000.08 km

CTG

ROM-FRA 0-0 at the end, forgettable. Go Netherlands and Italy!!! :D

BonzaiJoe

Forgot to predict Romania - France

Holland - Italy also 0 - 0

Spain - Russia 1 - 1
Sweden - Greece 3 - 1

But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

van Nistelrooy, the only Dutch player I hate... :-\

CTG

Italy was really unlucky last evening. But Netherlands absolutely deserved the 3 points - they played very well in the first half and made dangerous contra-attacks in the second period. Italy played without fantasy, they missed even the biggest chances to score - Toni was out of shape. And their biggest problem: the world famous Italian defence made childish mistakes, injury of Cannavaro seems to have a dangerous effect on their play at the back.

Del Piero must play more, his performance was dashing in spite of the final result.

Krys TOFF

Boring match for France, interesting match for Nederlands.
1st Nederlands goal is not valid and it changed the match I think : after it Italy had to attack and let some free space in its defence, allowing the 2 other goals.
On the other hand, France had a good start (during 10 minutes only) and Romanian players were quite afraid after it so they spent almost all the match with many players in defence. This is the kind of match where a guy like Trezeguet would have been interesting, but he was not chosen for the Euro... Viera not playing is also why France had so many difficulties in attack, he is a midfield dedicated to attack, unlike Toulalan who is more defensive.

First Dutch goal was really lucky, Panucci lied outside the playing field, and thus van Nistelrooij's goal wasn't offside (I guess the ref didn't know this rule, and would have given the goal even if Panucci wasn't lying outside). Even van Nistelrooij didn't know all about this rule, he didn't dare to cheer, and staired the linesman constantly checking when he would wave offside. First goal was important in this match, because the other team was forced to attack for the equalizing goal, and without Cannavaro, it turned out to be Italy's destiny, the Dutch scored two counterattack-goals. But they were lucky to survive at 0-2, Italians played really well against the Dutch who were defending with 11 men inside their own area. Del Piero and Grosso should have been included in the starting lineup, they were dangerous. The Swedish referee judged the semi-diving falls differently on the different sides: they helped the Dutch with this very much. Both teams were impressive in their attacking play (Italy even against the passive Dutch wall), if Italy can solve their defensive problems, they may win their following two matches against Romania and France to push through.

1000.08 km

Krys TOFF

This is right : Del Piero's entrance gave a real bonus to Itlay.