News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2008

Started by CTG, January 06, 2008, 01:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on May 26, 2008, 10:04:16 PM
Yes, I know. But many great players never won a World cup. For a start, none of the great Dutch player did, neither did Laudrup...

Or any players of the Hungarian "Golden Team" in the 50's. :(

CTG

Hungary - Greece 3-2 (0-1), we could beat the actual Euro and world champion (last summer HUN-ITA 3-1) in the last one year - of course only friendly matches. I think this one is the better result: we played with Italy when they came back from holidays while Greece is preparing for a big tournament at the moment (and they are a very defensive team, maybe more defensive than Italy). Nice debut for Erwin Koeman anyway...

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Hungarian Under-19 team qualified themselves last week for the European Championships. Only 8 teams participating there in the Czech Republic, so Hungary is in the top8 teams of Europe in this age group. Remember, this team was participating in the Under-17 ECH, too, two years ago, so this age group, lead by Krisztián Németh (who scored the winning goal against Portugal on the decisive ECH qualifier), can be a good future base of our senior national team.
Chürműű! :-)

1607.22 km

Last round in NB II East:

Cegléd-Kazincbarcika 2-2 (0-1)

0-2 till the 86th minute, not for the first time this season. Disappointing 7th place overall (there was a small group in points between 5th and 8th place where Kazincbarcika belonged to), the squad is better in many people's opinion. Final table after Sunday's matches.

1607.22 km

Oh, Hungary-Croatia 1-1 in the 44th minute! Hilarious own goal by Nico Kovac! :D But Moilanen, Tokody and Durica are still better. :D :D :D

1607.22 km

Former Debrecen players helped Györ to win in Miskolc, they scored all three goals. Former Debrecen player helped Debrecen to win against Újpest, to help Györ clinching bronze medal position (and UEFA Cup berth probably), by getting sent off midway through the second half. It seems all players who ever played in Debrecen wanted Újpest not to get the bronze and the UEFA Cup place. :)

Debrecen-Újpest 3-1
Diósgyöri VTK-Györi ETO 3-1

DICKSUCKER ÚJPEST!

1 MTK - champions' league qualifying
-------------------------------------------
2 Debrecen - UEFA cup qualifying
3 Györ - UEFA cup qualifying probably
-------------------------------------------
4 Újpest - nothing

NB II East:

1 Kecskemét 75 pts - promoted
2 Szolnok 63
3 Ferencváros 62
4 Makó 50
5 Vác 45
6 Vecsés 45
7 Kazincbarcika 44
14 Orosháza 29 - relegated
15 Tuzsér 23 - relegated
16 Mezökövesd 19 - relegated

http://www.nb1.hu/nb2/2007-2008/index.php

1607.22 km

BonzaiJoe

Update from Denmark! AGF survived another year in the best league, claiming the infamous 10th place, which we now almost own. Six 10th places in 10 years! But nobody is going to give us a price for that. AaB (Aalborg) surprisingly won the championship after a disappointing performance from FC København in the spring:

1. AaB (champions league qual.)
2. FC Midtjylland (UEFA qual.)
3. FC København (UEFA qual.)
-------------------------------
4. OB (Toto Cup)
5. AC Horsens
6. Randers
7. Esbjerg
8. Brøndby
9. FC Nordsjælland
10. AGF
-------------------------------
11. Viborg
12. Lyngby

In the 2nd league, Vejle is on their way to a spectacular points record! Having scored 75 points in 28 matches. Two matches left, hopefully they will get 81 points of 90.

1. Vejle   28    24 3 1    75
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Congrats to AGF for staying in first class, better season next time! ;)

And yes, finally!!! Györi ETO can start in UEFA Cup qualifiers; first time since I'm supporting this team (about 1990/91) - we were already very close twice in the late 90's! ;D

Probably we will fall versus a noname eastern team in the first round but still... :D

CTG

I don't like french football players (except Zidane), but Ribéry is funny... :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-mvRpLzT0&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4tV2QFy4W_M

CTG

Spain-Peru, heading goal - from 22 meters distance... ;) (action from 1:45)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vbcHZ1qMsPI

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Euro 2008 Tipping, my predictions for the first day:

Switzerland-Czech Republic 1-2
Portugal-Turkey 1-1

1607.22 km

CTG

Mine is:

Switzerland - Czech Republic 0-1
Portugal - Turkey 3-1

CTG

Quote from: CTG on June 07, 2008, 04:35:37 PM
Switzerland - Czech Republic 0-1

Good. :D But Czechs were a lot weaker than I expected.

I will give 1 point for finding out the outcome of the match (1X2), and 2 points for the correct tips.

1607.22 km