News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Characteristic track designers

Started by CTG, January 15, 2008, 10:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

You see a track. Can you tell who's the designer? Let's collect the characteristic signs of tracks made by different pipsqueaks!

Mark L. Rivers: well-rendered scenery, many side elements to help a tricky corner or just to make some crazy jumps.

Akoss Poo: a little bit poor scenery, he takes care more of the driving line. He prefers fast tracks cracked by some really slow small corners - and he tries to ignore the use of water. Usually the whole track needs very dynamic driving.

CTG: rich, sometimes overcrowded scenery, many different track elements in a row usually without simple straight roads. Only a few small corners but lately he used it more often then before. Not very tricky tracks, aim is to measure the pure driving skills with each cars. (And there are more left corners than right, somehow it fits better for the designer's hand when driving)

zaqrack

Zak: often geometrically aligned scenery, lots of dirt and ice roads and sharp corners, almost never a single piece of straight road without an obstacle. :)

CTG

Sometimes I make geometrical shaped tracks too. Have I ever told that USL's Yokohama track was originally named as 'Pizza' ? ;D

CTG

Krys Toff tracks... well... I guess he's the only one being able to characterise them with those crazy bug elements... ;) Mainly I'm thinking on Tata and ZCT 77.

Krys TOFF

JTK's characteristic : often an elevated corner just after a jump and an empty square, especially when you arrive at full speed. Usually a very few scenery around the track itself, or else a full map with same scenery on every non-track square (no, please, no more windmills ! Aaaargh !!).

CTG

CTG

Addition to my own tracks: the few trick possibilities are usually there by will - they are based on pre-calculated movements.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on January 15, 2008, 11:56:12 AM
Krys Toff tracks... well... I guess he's the only one being able to characterise them with those crazy bug elements... ;) Mainly I'm thinking on Tata and ZCT 77.
I have different style of track designing I think. Either crazy and tricky, or fluent like Akoss' tracks. I also like jumps, especially over Stunts elements or to avoid corners (WRC Stunts' Kenya 2 comes to my mind).
You mentionned some crazy, let me present some fluent ones : Palanga, Road America, ... Almost all tracks created for IMSA Cup competition I may say.

CTG

Anyway would you be so kind as to build a track for next USC race? Criteria: it has to be good for all the cars as drivers can choose their vehicle AND it has to be fluent and relatively short with one or two basic bug elements (hidden corner, tricky loop, etc.).

BonzaiJoe

JTK uses hills very well, integrating them with the track.
Mark L. is always the easiest to guess because of all the external track elements...
But we can't be quite sure.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on January 15, 2008, 12:13:40 PM
Anyway would you be so kind as to build a track for next USC race? Criteria: it has to be good for all the cars as drivers can choose their vehicle AND it has to be fluent and relatively short with one or two basic bug elements (hidden corner, tricky loop, etc.).
suitable for all cars, but without bonus system like at ZS2008 ? Well, everybody will use indy, whatever the track... ::)
Anyway, I can design a track, yes. ;)

CTG

Check Visegr?d topic in USC subforum. My performance with all the cars you used will be the bonus. ;D

Krys TOFF

Oh, yes, I remember now.
I already made the basic of the track but I can't really perform tests at my job, I'll finish it at home. When do you need the track exactly ?

CTG

Let's say this week. I'll publish the track in advance to make you decide, which car do you want to use.

Krys TOFF

Track sent by mail at riverkiller address. ;)