News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

BATRacer

Started by Krys TOFF, March 08, 2008, 11:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

I don't know if you ever heard of this, but I discovered it today.
Name is BATRacer.

Goal is (once logged in) to play as a driver in one championship : F1 2007, F1 1986, A1GP, ChampCar, BTCC, ...
You set up your car, choose race strategy, then game engine do the race. This a sort of F1 (or other categories) manager.

I registered today and joined a BTCC championship in production category. You can still join it as there's not the full number of players at the moment I write this message.
You don't have to stay online, game starts automatically when number of pipsqueaks is complete.
Usually, once started it seems 1 championship lasts 1 race per day.
If you don't log in for 3 consecutive days, you can be fired of the championship though. Join a game when you're sure to ba able to spent around 15 minutes per day to it (car setup, tests, qualifications, ...).

Krys TOFF

So, nobody interested ? ::)

For info, after 6 days you are allowed to join a 2nd game as a "mid-season" replacement.
I joined a F1 championship (2007 style) today on a Renault car, only 1 race has been made so it will be almost a complete season. :)

I got a podium on my 1st race at BTCC, but finished only 8th at the second : the rain appeared in the middle of the race and my setup was therefore incorrect, and I adjusted bad the "change tyres when on wrong type", so I stayed on the track with slick tyres for 5 laps before changing my tyres. This is where I lost a promising 2nd podium in a row... :-\

Chulk

I'm playing! On touring I finished 11th and 5th so far. First race I made a mistake in my 2nd qualy lap...  :-\
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Cool, we should try to race together the same game some day. what is your sIf you raced 2 races already, then you should soon be available to join a mid-season game.
Then, try to join the game 24482 (game/join mid-season/enter game id) if there are available places : this is the mid-season F1 game I joined after the 1st race was done. We could race the same championship this way. :)

Krys TOFF

The partner I have in my mid-season F1 2007 game is just crappy and stupid.
Hopefully, I have better partners on my BTCC regular champ and my ChampCar private game.

I'm enjoying more the ChampCar so far, races are more strategic due to often safety cars and high number of laps (especially on oval races). I got my 1st victory in this ChampCar game and I'm leading the championship after 6 races.

BTCC game is with much less interest : short races, only 5 parameters to find so everybody has a perfect setup, sprint races results are conditionned by the qualifications as there's no pitstop.

F1 2007 game could be interesting, but with such a partner it makes me mad and I play it just to finish it.

Next games I'd like to test F1 2008 with the new qualification system, and also I'd like to reach pro level soon in order to try A1GP championship (same cars, 1 pipsqueak per team, only your strategy makes the difference : challenging for sure).

What about you Chulk ? How are going your championships ?
And does anybody else tested this web game ?

Chulk

I had no teammate yet (OK; I have but none of them work with me). This are my stats with F1 2007 with Red Bull and F1 2008 with Renault.

Championships Started 1
Championships Won 0
Race Starts 14
Race Finishes 13
Poles 3
Wins 0
Podiums 2
Fastest Laps 1
Laps Run 751
Laps Led 74
Passes 49
Points 40

Also joind a private game of F1 2008 with Toro Rosso. I got 2 pole, 1 win and 1 podium there, but I doesn't count for WR.
My mid season game (F1 2008 with Renault) will be over in 6 races. Maybe I can try later to join a game with you.

Krys TOFF

My current status (only my BTCC public game stats are listed) :
Championships Started 1
Championships Won 0
Race Starts 16
Race Finishes 14
Poles 1
Wins 0
Podiums 4
Fastest Laps 0
Laps Run 352
Laps Led 12
Passes 107
Points 89

As you can see : laps run = 352 only, BTCC is only short races.

My mid-season F1 2007 (3 podiums, 1 pole) and my private ChampCar game (1 victory, 3 podiums, 1 pole) are not counted.

Quote from: ChulkMaybe I can try later to join a game with you.
I won't be home from 23rd April to 30th April, with no web access. If you want us to team together, at will be in May. ;)

Chulk

OK, I have no problem on waiting a few weeks.

Chulk

Krys, I have my Private Game slot open. Wanna race together? Let me know. I don't care which carset, just tell me which game and I'll be there.

Krys TOFF

I have a F1 1986 (no-refueling, long and hard races for the pilots and the engines) private game planned with my clan and we miss a pilot, we could team up together then. I'll give you infos in BATRacer PM when I'll have, private game is not yet started. ;)

Ayrton also has joined BATRacer and wanted to race with me but he joined his game just before I came back from holidays and when I came back he already had another teammate.

We'll try next month to be all together in the same game. We can even be all in the same team in ChampCar as there is up to 3 pilots per team. ;-)

Chulk

Ok, let me know and I'll be there. Bad luck Ayrton couldn't wait...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on May 05, 2008, 04:20:57 PM
Bad luck Ayrton couldn't wait...
Yes, he joined a F1 2008 game with Toro Rosso while I caught a Ferrari seatbelt I could have shared with him. ;D

Anyway, only 1 victory remaining and I reach pro level. 8)
If all goes well, it will happen until the end of the week. ;)

Krys TOFF

Infos sent to you Chulk in BATRacer PM system. ;)

We will be the Zakspeed team (logical ;)), I already created the team. I selected Monaco as home race, please select another home race.
Remember that home race gives extra laps for practice and warm-up, and beeing well qualified is important in Monaco or Hungaroring for example. So I choosed Monaco to hope to get a better setup than others and be better qualified.

All teams won't be used and we deliberately excluded fastest teams of this period (Bennetton, Williams, Lotus, Ferrari, McLaren, Ligier) in order to keep the private game more balanced.

One last thing : races are with no refueling so harder races for pilots due to high weight at the start. Engines are not very reliable. Concentration, consitent, mechanical sympathy or super fit characteristics seems suitable according to this carset specificities. Of course, charisma is also suitable for setup (better than thinker as it helps too in pitstops).

I choosed super fit and consistent, maybe you should try others like charisma and concentration (or mechanical sympathy). Speed demon and pole sitter king don't seem suitable for this carset compared to F1 2007 or 2008. But it's your choice. I wait for you and will start the setup work.

Don't forget too to use the specific qualifications tyres for qualif runs. ;)

zaqrack

We will be the Zakspeed team (logical ;)), I already created the team. I selected Monaco as home race, please select another home race.

That's the spirit. :) +2 points extra in ZakStunts ;)

Chulk

Quote from: zaqrack on May 06, 2008, 06:45:16 PM

That's the spirit. :) +2 points extra in ZakStunts ;)
For me too?