News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

How to get through life easily?

Started by BonzaiJoe, April 12, 2008, 12:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

A classic question. When you live in a society, you have to do something for the society (work) in order to survive (get paid). You have to do this for about 40 years between education and retirement. So, how can you make it through this period in the best possible way? By working hard and feigning interest in everything? By working as little as possible? By trying to earn as much money as possible? By leaving society and finding some other way to survive? Please make suggestions, preferably with examples from your own life :)
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

Until recently I have thought I just want to work as few as possible, in order to earn enough money to enjoy my life. I was asked one and a half year ago, whether life's meaning is "Live to work" or "Work to live"? I replied that it's work to live, and a very easy question. 
Later, when I was in chrage of developing bicycle tourism, I found out I like my work to be useful for the whole society and give something to others. I found, that "live to work" can be much more satisfying than the other way around. 
And now at my new workplace I realized I couldn't have a better job at all. I'm learning a lot, improving my skills continuously. I'm travelling a lot, experiencing new things and knowing new people. And from a point of view I'm also helping society, by improving the economy of a country, where it is needed to be improved (guess if I mean Hungary or China :)). And what's the most important aspect for me, I see my path, and I see that my job is not getting repetitive or boring in the next 10-15 years for sure. I'll always face new problems to solve, and I will always learn more. And now work for me means improving myself.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Find the middle way between learning a lot - shit on learning and then working a lot - work as little as possible. Learn and do what you would like to if it's possible, money is not the most important motivation power. If you set your existency, then:

-love somebody and be loved by somebody, or strive for it
-keep your old friends - they will help a lot, they will praise your helping efforts the most
-search for some new friends, find the people who you need in your life
-exclude those who are unnecessary or damage your life
-set your goals and strive for them
-enjoy yourself, if you can, and if you have enough of the assholes, drink something
Chürműű! :-)

3316.59 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on April 14, 2008, 06:08:57 PM
if you have enough of the assholes, drink something

If I do that every time I'm fed up with them... well... it leads to liver cancer in 6 months.

CTG

...and don't forget to be selfish. You have only one life.