News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

new cars for 2009

Started by zaqrack, October 08, 2008, 02:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on December 07, 2008, 11:23:50 PM
Talking with Alan he showed me a possible model for Melange. If he'll make it by Stressed, it will be so cool... ;)
Quote from: zaqrack on December 08, 2008, 11:17:55 AM
well if it will be done on schedule I'm okay with 4 extra cars next year...

I would like to help with this, but I'm afraid I wouldn't find enough time on the following days to get it ready on time... The only possibility I see is with, say, three people cooperating (with Alan agreeing and if possible supervisioning the whole thing, of course). Any volunteers?

Mark L. Rivers

Let me think a bit, I'm very busy too....  ::)

CTG

Bad luck, I'm also quite busy... On the other hand my car editing skill SUCKS! ;D

Chulk

Quote from: zaqrack on December 01, 2008, 05:52:24 PM
As I'll only start the car evaluations for the next season on the 20th of December, I can extend the deadline to this date for a third car, if the scheduled completion is announced here this week.
So, deadline is here, which is the last car added? I think Cody's ranger is finished, what about Melange?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

zaqrack

yep, any update on the melange?

zaqrack

sadly if there is no update on the melange until tomorrow, I have to announce the season without it. :(

Duplode

It seems I introduced a weird bug during the final revisions of the Ranger: the current car does not print its name to the scoreboard after the end of the race... ??? Here is a corrected file - naturally, no performance data was changed, so no one that downloaded the currently available car will be harmed in competition by missing the correction. Sorry for the trouble Zak!

zaqrack

no problem, fixed the archives!

CTG

No Melange in 2009?!? :-\ I'm very sad.  :'(

zaqrack

CTG

Of course there will be Melange in USC. If Alan allows me to work on the new look of Melange, I will do it.

BonzaiJoe

I must say I am generally impressed with the new cars. Especially the designs of the dashboards and the cars from outside are really well made. I would have preferred some cars that are less like the original ones, but I guess they are a little different.
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

I would like to increase the car number to 15 in 2010, by including a new one while retaining the current cars.
The conditions are the same as last year: realistic handling and appearance.

A good and easy candidate would be a new bodywork and dashboard for the Melange, but I am open for other ideas as well.
In case two properly designed new cars will be available, we might drop the Ranger in favor of a car with more realistic handling.

Any interest / voluntteers?

BonzaiJoe

There's Overdrijf's ghost Kart :)
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 21, 2009, 05:42:09 PM
There's Overdrijf's ghost Kart :)

It would be so cool to see that one finished  :)

There is also my GT3 - which you can get from the Southern Cross page - although I don't think its handling traits would get too many fans. It goes without saying, of course, that the best option for a new addition would be a restyled Melange. Too bad CTG's mod files got lost, they looked very cool  :-\