News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

"stuck" keys

Started by pavekiller, November 11, 2008, 06:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pavekiller

Sometimes when I shift quickly between arrow up and arrow left or right
the computer reacts like the key left or right is pushed continuosly even 4-5 seconds after I have
let the key go.

Has anyone expierienced likewise, and how to I solve the problem to drive better?

Krys TOFF

Quote from: pavekiller on November 11, 2008, 06:11:44 PM
the computer reacts like the key left or right is pushed continuosly even 4-5 seconds after I have
let the key go.

Has anyone expierienced likewise, and how to I solve the problem to drive better?
Typical issue of Stunts run under XP directly. It happens to me often when I play at my job during lunch break. With RH races, not a problem, press escape, and rewind the replay to a moment before the issue.
For noRH races, well, it should not happen as you're supposed to race under DOSBox to be able to record the video ;D, and I never had this issue under DOSBox (nor in pure DOS or under Win9x).

CTG

Quote from: pavekiller on November 11, 2008, 06:11:44 PM
let the key go.

I had this problem since I used external keyboard with XP.

BonzaiJoe

I have also had this problem. It appears in two different ways for me:

1. When driving in power gear and making sharp power gear turns (not skidding turns), the game begins registering continuous pressing on the arrow key of the direction I am turning in. This somehow only happens in that particular replay, though.

2. Since I spilled coke on my right arrow key, sometimes it thinks I'm pressing it continuously. This is whether I'm racing or manoeuvering the menus or doing something else. Sometimes I try to solve this by pressing the key gently, but normally, for a couple of seconds, then releasing it for some seconds, then continuing this with smaller and smaller intervals (but never very fast). Somehow that sometimes helps.
But we can't be quite sure.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT242 track, from ZakStunts season 2021?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview