News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Collections

Started by CTG, December 05, 2008, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Do you have an own collection? Rare books, stamps, bottle caps, cards, pens, napkins, coins, whatever...

When I was a child, I used to collect postal stamps and coins from different countries - quite small, valueless and not very special collections but still I liked them. Nowadays I keep the bottle caps of the tested beers...  :D

Chulk

I collect money from any country someone can get them for me. Recently I added some Mexican, Arabian, Indian and Canadian bills to my collection.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

zaqrack

do you have any Hungarians?

Chulk

No, nobody I know went there and I refuse to getting them in another way. They have to be a present from someone who was there. Getting them from a bank or that kind of thing is not interesting in my opinion, because anyone can do that.

zaqrack

to be on topic, I collect (moderately, as it's really expensive) fountain pens, especially Japanese, and already have about 15 pens alltogether.
We also have a small box of various coins from all around the world - not really a collection, and we inherited from our grandfathers a Hungarian special coin collection and a huge stamp collection, but these are not expanded anymore.

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on December 05, 2008, 11:47:26 AM
No, nobody I know went there and I refuse to getting them in another way.

You know the Hungarian Stunts pipsqueaks so we can send you Hungarian money (or change for some Argentinian ;)). I have several old communist forint coins (several from each types) and there are also newer coins out of use (1 and 2 HUF, 1 USD is about 200 HUF).

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on December 05, 2008, 11:53:13 AM
Quote from: Chulk on December 05, 2008, 11:47:26 AM
No, nobody I know went there and I refuse to getting them in another way.

You know the Hungarian Stunts pipsqueaks so we can send you Hungarian money (or change for some Argentinian ;)). I have several old communist forint coins (several from each types) and there are also newer coins out of use (1 and 2 HUF, 1 USD is about 200 HUF).
That would be great! But maybe the price for sending them would be too high, I have no idea about it.

PS: When I quoted you, I saw you had added some IMG but I don't see them on the main post...

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on December 05, 2008, 11:57:56 AM
PS: When I quoted you, I saw you had added some IMG but I don't see them on the main post...

Only the pics of the 1 and 2 HUF coins, "retired" last year.

Btw I have coins from Austria, Brasil, Bulgaria, Canada, Czechoslovakia/Slovakia/Czech Republic, Finland, Germany (BDR), Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Serbia/Yugoslavia, Switzerland, United States and USSR. And of course several older Hungarian types... :)

alanrotoi

When I was a kid I collected cigarettes boxes, beer cans, coins from other countries...

Chulk

Quote from: Rotoi on December 05, 2008, 12:34:27 PM
When I was a kid I collected cigarettes boxes, beer cans...
Vicioso de chico! :D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on December 05, 2008, 11:44:05 AM
I collect money from any country someone can get them for me.
So did I. But I stopped some years ago, not enough time and money.

CTG

Almost forgot: I'm collecting train and public transport tickets since 1997 (and any other tickets too, like movie or museum). Only train is about sum 130,000 kms...

And this is my 8000th message at the Forum...

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on December 09, 2008, 12:36:19 AM
And this is my 8000th message at the Forum...
Which is something you also seem to like "collecting"

BTW, Something most of us also "collect"... STUNTS REPLAYS!

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on December 09, 2008, 01:43:54 AM
BTW, Something most of us also "collect"... STUNTS REPLAYS!

Not me. I "collect" only the USC replays, I don't keep even my own work after each races.

alanrotoi

That's true I collect my winning/awesome crashes replays