News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2010 - the year of World Cup

Started by CTG, January 01, 2010, 03:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

World Cup 2010 - who will be the final winner?

Germany
Netherlands
Spain
Uruguay

CTG

I wonder about Usrin's opinion: Felvidék FC (northern part of Great Hungary, now called "Slovakia") is at the World Cup.

alanrotoi

Chile is gonna go far this champ. Remember that.

CTG

As for me, ESP, BRA, END, NED is the strength order. But it's not equal with the future TOP4.

CTG

Pitman

Duplode

Quote from: Pitman on April 19, 2010, 04:41:56 PM
music says more than 1000 words..  :)

LOL, very good!  :) This reminds me of something dedicated to the good MeganiuM people...  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1IDISWZiIk#noexternalembed&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Chulk

Somebody post something here so it appears in 'Unread topics' and I don't forget to watch Dup's video. THANKS!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Yesterday's second leg of the São Paulo State Championship final was the most spectacular football match I can remember since the Milan-Liverpool 2005 CL final. On one side, Santos (playing in white, for those who aren't familiar with Brazilian clubs) - a team driven by very talented youngsters which is (save for the occasional defensive blunder) many miles above any other Brazilian team right now. On the other side, Santo André, a minnow club with a pretty good squad and, above all, brave enough to play daring offensive football even against such dangerous opposition. First leg was a very balanced game that ended Santos 3-2; so Santo André needed to win by two goals (otherwise Santos would clinch the title due to having a better campaign in the preceding round-robin stage).

Highlights from the match are available in the link below (yes, 17 minutes long. You may need to click play twice in the embedded player for it to work)

http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM1256655-7824-MELHORES+MOMENTOS+SANTOS+X+SANTO+ANDRE+PELA+FINAL+DO+PAULISTAO,00.html

Note: As some of you might recall, I am not a Santos supporter. In fact, I'm actually proud that my team almost managed to scrape a draw playing one man down against them in the semi-finals, the game ending 4-3 (only for us getting trashed 3-0 in the away leg...)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Standings of NB II East

1. Dunakanyar-Vác    24    13    7    4    40–27    +13     46
2. Szolnoki MÁV FC    23    13    6    4    37–23    +14     45
3. DVSC-DEAC    23    13    4    6    44–22    +22     43
4. REAC    23    12    5    6    58–31    +27     41
5. Vecsési FC    23    10    7    6    34–22    +12     37
6. Mezökövesdi SE    23    10    6    7    33–31    +2     36
7. Makó FC    24    10    4    10    43–41    +2     34
8. Böcs KSC    23    8    10    5    28–25    +3     34
9. BKV Elöre SC    24    7    9    8    31–34    –3     30
10. MTK Budapest II    22    8    4    10    42–39    +3     28
11. Hajdúböszörményi TE    23    7    7    9    23–29    –6     28
12. Kazincbarcikai SC    23    6    5    12    27–47    –20     23
13. Restart-Ceglédi VSE    23    5    8    10    35–44    –9     23
14. Békéscsaba Frühwald SE    23    5    5    13    26–40    –14     20
15. Baktalórántháza VSE    22    1    3    18    20–66    –46     0

Now it seems only the 14th-15th place team will be relegated, according to the Hungarian sports pages (they mark only 14th-15th teams with different colors). If it's true, KBSC has a chance to avoid relegation to NB III Mátra Group (there are six groups in third division).

The financial problems seem to be fixed, after a miserable autumn, some players returned, and we have a much more decent spring performance.

Saturday's home match against Baktalórántháza is postponed to Wednesday, due to the extreme wet conditions. There was a heavy rainfall and thunderstorm in the town on Saturday afternoon.
Chürműű! :-)

1073.93 km

Duplode

Quote from: Dunga
Felipe Melo (Juventus),
Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos),
Ramires (Benfica),
Elano (Galatasaray),
Kaká (Real Madrid),
Josué (Wolfsburg),
Julio Baptista (Roma),
Kleberson (Flamengo)

This midfield sucks, no way it can make for a World Cup winning squad.

CTG

Argammon

Their level of football always reminded me of BJ's driving skills...  ???

BonzaiJoe

Who's missing from the Brazilian midfield?

Maybe some players from the Brazilian league? They all seem to come from semi-good European clubs.

CTGammon: you are stupid and have small penises.
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 17, 2010, 03:02:44 PM
Who's missing from the Brazilian midfield?

Maybe some players from the Brazilian league? They all seem to come from semi-good European clubs.

The problem is that we lack midfielders with creativity and game vision to organize team play. Gilberto Silva, Felipe Melo and Josué are strictly DMs (given how Gilberto Silva keeps himself away from any non-defensive duties I don't even feel like calling him a midfielder). Then we have two overrated wingers (Elano and Ramires - Daniel Alves should replace one of them in the starting eleven). Kleberson is slightly more of a CM, but he isn't a starter even in skiddin' Flamengo (which is definitley not a pool of talents or anything like that). The only player with genuine class and flair in this whole batch is Kaká, but even him is not a true commanding midifielder, but something much closer to a drawn-back forward. That Júlio Batista is his immediate sub merely confirms that.  

A further reason for worries is that nearly all of the Brazilian top clubs suffer from the same problem, so it's not just Dunga's fault. If you look at the Brazilian league the only player who would naturally fit in this role is Paulo Henrique "Ganso" from Santos - but unfortunately for him Dunga spends way too much time preaching about "coherence" to have guts to call up any young prospect, even as a sub.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 17, 2010, 03:02:44 PM
CTGammon: you are stupid and have small penises.

Sounds like something from CTG... :D So, what about AGF? ;D ;D ;D