News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2010 - the year of World Cup

Started by CTG, January 01, 2010, 03:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

World Cup 2010 - who will be the final winner?

Germany
Netherlands
Spain
Uruguay

CTG

Traditionally the new annual topic for football lovers. Let's start!  ;)

CTG

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Very poor form from Juventus, damn it! Again no win, 1-1 against Lazio, weak play from them. What the heck is going on at them?  ??? ??? ???
Chürműű! :-)

1073.93 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on January 31, 2010, 11:30:38 PM
Very poor form from Juventus, damn it! Again no win, 1-1 against Lazio, weak play from them. What the heck is going on at them?  ??? ??? ???

Still crappy Juve, la la la la la!!! ;D

Chulk

Some info as a preview for today's match.
Argentina leads globally over Germany 7-5 and 5 draws with 24GF and 23 GA.
Playing in Germany, Argentina also leads 3-2 and 3 draws.
The only match played in Munich (1973) Argentina won 3-2
On WC: Ger 3-1 (Sweden '58); 0-0 (England '66); Arg 3-2 (Mexico '86) where Argentina was World Champion; Ger 1-0 (Italy '90) where Germany was World Champion and 1-1 (Germany '06) where Ger won 5-3 in PK.
It's usually a tight match. No victories for more than 2 goals in any match (3-1 twice for Ger and once for Arg) and never a team scored more than 3 times in a match.

A great game to watch this afternoon... DAMN IT I'LL BE AT WORK!!!!!!!!!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Gutix

Quote from: Chulk on March 03, 2010, 06:58:47 PM
Some info as a preview for today's match.
Argentina leads globally over Germany 7-5 and 5 draws with 24GF and 23 GA.
Playing in Germany, Argentina also leads 3-2 and 3 draws.
The only match played in Munich (1973) Argentina won 3-2
On WC: Ger 3-1 (Sweden '58); 0-0 (England '66); Arg 3-2 (Mexico '86) where Argentina was World Champion; Ger 1-0 (Italy '90) where Germany was World Champion and 1-1 (Germany '06) where Ger won 5-3 in PK.
It's usually a tight match. No victories for more than 2 goals in any match (3-1 twice for Ger and once for Arg) and never a team scored more than 3 times in a match.

A great game to watch this afternoon... DAMN IT I'LL BE AT WORK!!!!!!!!!

Nice stats! I missed watch the game because of work  ???

Chulk

So, it's 8-5 after the match. Argentina played well, specially on first half scoring a great goal and having the best situations. On 2nd half, Germany put some pressure and got the ball but had only 1 clear shot on goal. Argentina defended well and got the victory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL8XMNv4uUM#noexternalembed&feature=related

You can watch best the goal here... this camera shows how Higuain moves to the open spot and Di Maria assists him perfectly to dribble the GK and score.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ZW6rOpm7E#noexternalembed&feature=related

Since Italy won WC 2006, there's a conspiracy against Italy and Italian football teams. Gera, Hungarian midfielder played one of his best matches ever yesterday in Fulham, beating Juventus 4-1, sending them out.  :-\ :-X Of course the ref helped the English - who had a very lucky goal in the first match - with 2 Italian red cards and a penalty against Juve... FVCK OFF!!!  >:( >:( >:(

1073.93 km

CTG

CTG

Dicksucker Újpest, muhahaha!!! ;D (3 pts from 12 in the spring)

alanrotoi

Who are the candidates for the WC 2010? The top 4?

BonzaiJoe

But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on March 29, 2010, 12:24:45 AM
Spain, Brazil (...)

Brazil will get to the quarter-finals undefeated and with Julio César unbeaten. Then, we will fail due to lack of effective creative team play needed to get through strong teams with well-structured defences. That is, unless we meet Argentina in the quarters, then we'll win for sure  ;D

1073.93 km

Chulk

This are my four, in order of chances they have to win and explaining why I consider them candidates.

1- Spain: The best Midfield of all, with Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta & Fabregas. Solid GK and defense and 2 killer forwards like Villa and Torres (though I think he sucks, the world does not)
2- Netherlands: The silent candidate. Nobody is really paying attention to them, but their eleven is the best they had for 25 years or so. Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Seedorf are great creating scoring chances for their forwards, we all know what Huuntelar, Kuyt and Babel can do and adding Robben and Van Persie, it's really a great team. Van der Sar is a fantastic GK as well, maybe their defense is their weakest point.
3- England: Great Midfield (Lampard, Gerard, Cole are great). Solid defense lead by Terry (hope he fucks every teammates wives so their realtion really sucks!), and a forward who is really on-fire (Rooney). They lack a trustfully GK and maybe their mood won't be the best having Owen and Beckham out injured.
4- Brazil is always a candidate, no matter if they are playing awfully. They have what here in Argentina people call 'Mistica'. That means they know how to play in those matches where the pressure is on, those days when the smallest mistake can lead to a loss and a journey back home. And they hardly make mistakes those days...

I'll add the surprise team (hopefully you will all do it). Chile is playing great football, solid defense, fast offensive, their team structure is on top form (Bielsa's teams structures always are). They know what to do, they know how to do it. It's easier to play when your teammates are always where they are expected to be, because that saves the man carring the ball the time he would lose looking for them, by having a mental image of where everybody is everytime.